LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Hazy Lady

Exclamation Marco's Apology

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199373

Marco Renda
Indica Lover

Sorry Skunk Man
I have to say there is NO TRUTH to him ever selling any feminized genetics nor is he a DEA agent / informant. I would personally like to apologize to him for publishing the article by Joe Pietri. I also would like to thank him for showing me that Joe Pietri stated in his book King of Nepal ( Pg. 53) that he himself worked with the DEA to get someone he worked with busted with 500 kilos of hash. Now isnít that the pot calling the kettle black?

I have come to realize that Joe Pietri is nothing but an angry old man who is jealous of others.

I guess that I am now going to be on the recieving end of Joe Pietri as he is pissed off with me. I not only pulled his article from TY # 26 slagging off Skunk Man , Ed Rosenthal , Steve Hagar and the rest of the crew over at High Times but I also informed him that I am no longer going to publish any of his articles.

So again my appologies to Sam Skunk Man.

I also appologize in my editiorial in TY # 26 and in person at the High Times Cannabis Cup

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Take Care and Peace
Marco Renda
Old 01-02-2011, 03:45 AM
british_hempire

Yeah, Marco has had an about-face on this issue.

Joe Pietri is indeed an angry old man, some of what he claimed indeed was false, but there is some truth in some of it, the art is in filtering the true from the false, that's not a fun pursuit imho as your fingers tend to get shitty in hte process.

I am surprised Marco has had such a total change of stance on this subject, a while back he was talking of having evidence and being very confident of not being able to be sued for publication of libel.

I'm suspecting there are reasons/influences Marco is not mentioning that may have lead to his change of stance.

Shantibaba mentioned some truths about Sam S in a magazine interview fairly recently, he has mentioned the Dutch radio and newspaper reports too.

But in all honesty, isn't it better to let sleeping dogs lie and focus on the future, not the past, the plants, not the controversy?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Hazy Lady

Hi BH, nice to see you, I agree it is better to let sleeping dogs lie in an ideal world.

However this isn't an ideal world or this type of tabloid journalism couldn't exist.
Marco is a publisher, he has a duty to check facts before he publishes anything.
He not only didn't check the facts but he also vigorously defended each and every world from Canada to Thailand.
It seems Marco had a previous axe to grind or he would not have been so quick to publish or defend the article.
If this was an ideal world Marco would be handing the deeds to his house over and touching his toes for life to pay the rest off.
I am sorry but $500 to Skunkmans nominated charity goes nowhere near to making amends.
I couldn't care less about Sam Skunkman, don't know the man and likely never will, but I do care about sh*t slinging and this caused an avalanche.

Marco needs to answer the many questions people have and come up with a more suitable apology.

Edit, I believe there is mention of this elsewhere, I don't read the mans theads so missed it.

Last edited by Hazy Lady; 01-02-2011 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 01-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Breeder

Quote:
Marco is a publisher, he has a duty to check facts before he publishes anything.
Neither Marco or Joe Pietri checked the statements that JP attributed to me before publishing. Before making statements that are damaging to someone's reputation, you need to be sure of your facts, or have first hand knowledge.

I stand by my testimony re Sam. I was there, I had the documents from the Australian Federal Police that Sam gave me and I passed them on to Mario Lap. The rest is history.

I don't know what Sam has said to Marco, to do an about face like that. JP's article was not factual and therefore an apology is in order, however it does not mean that ALL of the allegations were false, I know they are not.
N.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 AM
british_hempire

Very true Nev, Sam has cleverly swung this to look like the victim, there is a thread at icmag where guys like chimera and tom hill are screaming mad and saying Marco needs to do this and that to make right, give money to a charity of skunkman's choice etc.

I would love to step into that thread and say 'hang on, just cos JP was talking shite, doesn't make Sam an angel' but it would be deleted asap so why bother.

Maybe it is time to tell your side of the story Nev. I've had some articles published in Marco's magazine, if you wanna provide the info I'd take the time to write an article, but given Marco's new stance he might not want to publish it.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Breeder

Quote:
Maybe it is time to tell your side of the story Nev
I've done that. I've limited my story to the facts. I could speculate what else Sam and Rob had in mind when they tried to get me to explain my pedigrees to the feds (patents), but the fact remains that they tried to get me to work with the cops in order to give people more jail time for what we all do, grow dope. This makes him a "dog" in the Australian vernacular. It's all I need to know.
N.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:52 AM
british_hempire

Yeah, better to move on and concentrate on new breeding projects methinks.

BTW, if you pop over to Cannabis Seeds - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman you will notice that they just started selling 'Seedsman Skunkman Range' seeds, guess Sam needs to make some money on the side, maybe Sativex sales are lagging? lol

Seedsman Skunkman Range - Seedsman Regular Seeds - Seedsman - Cannabis Seeds - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman

Of course, one of the strains is Skunk #1, but strangely, another one is G13Skunk, basically, it's six strains made with a skunk male.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Breeder

Quote:
basically, it's six strains made with a skunk male.
I believe that I just mentioned something about that in the breeding thread.
N.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Banned

Well at least there's now something to draw me back into posting. Honestly we know marco had a lot to lose by publishing that story, and I still think he's a bloody snitch. There's too much to answer for that marco's simple apology can not simply cover.

Just google sam the skunkman and see what comes up. It's something the icmafia cannot cover up.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Hazy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire View Post
Very true Nev, Sam has cleverly swung this to look like the victim, there is a thread at icmag where guys like chimera and tom hill are screaming mad and saying Marco needs to do this and that to make right, give money to a charity of skunkman's choice etc.

I would love to step into that thread and say 'hang on, just cos JP was talking shite, doesn't make Sam an angel' but it would be deleted asap so why bother.

Maybe it is time to tell your side of the story Nev. I've had some articles published in Marco's magazine, if you wanna provide the info I'd take the time to write an article, but given Marco's new stance he might not want to publish it.
I am assuming you didn't see this thread, it may enlighten you BH.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-n...-cannabis.html