Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 09:39 AM

He is exploiting the stupid in my opinion. He could make choclate and would still be an asshole.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
british_hempire

Grover, GHS stopped selling regular seeds a while back, they are a fem only company now.

How you can compare franco spraying chemicals on any decent cutting they get hold of to the breeding work Nev did is beyond me. Nev worked in an era where large grows for seed were legal so he worked with big selection numbers and carried out proper breeding schemes, that is a whole different ball game to spraying silver on a cutting selected for no other reason than it's a got a popular name.

Arjan isn't 'so stupid that he would produce crap beans' he is 'so greedy he doesn't give a toss, buyer beware' and as most of GHS sales are to beginners and youngsters he doesn't care about the quality as long as the sales numbers are good. How many grows of GHS do you see where people say 'I'll not be buying any more GHS after this fiasco'? Hundreds, and that doesn't bother Arjan one bit, his tactics to maintain sales are all gimmicks like colour coating and selfing over-hyped cuts like the Cheese. We know that Cheese doesn't self well, it tends to segregate and produce a wide variety of phenos, few if any of which are similar to the original Cheese pheno.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover Sativa View Post
I'm starting to think that there is nothing wrong with GHS. In fact, Arjan has a great business acumen.

Also, he is releasing new genetics into the market all the time, instead of just recycling the same stuff over and over. It's good to have fresh stuff coming in. Where else can you buy Exodus Cheese in seed form?

You do have to ignore the fems, fair enough, but GHS is a business and there is money in the fems, so why should they not? They are not in it to preserve gene pools and the like - they just run a profitable business selling seeds to tourists. Good on them.

RE the quality of their regular seeds. Well, Arjan is a business man and a rich one at that. I think he would pay a decent breeder to produce his seeds. Why not? Is he so stupid that he would produce crap seeds? Obviously he is not stupid... OK, so he is also not stupid enough to spend too much money making the best seeds either, but I reckon his regs do a fair job.

It is just the fashion to Greenhouse bash. Especially on this site (obviously..)

Arjan's business model clearly works. Why should he change it to suit you lot?

I don't see what is wrong with Arjan bringing Californian genetics to Europe. Did Nevil 'rip off' Haze/Skunk/NL/Hash Plant/G13? No. But they all originated in the USA. Non were 'created' by Nevil - but he brought them to us and made them available for us in seed form and we have all (rightfully) thanked him ever since.

It's funny how Nev is a god and Arjan a devil. I suspect, as always, that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Go GHS (so long as I don't have to grow the stuff myself....)!!

Grover 'Alternative Perspective' Sativa
well Mr Grover...

here's the problem friend...
After watching those posers,,push the trainwreck BS on youtube,,
I looked at the cut they claimed was the Arcata cut and laughed my ass off
as it wasn't even remotely close..

It appears Puss Nutz Arjan can't even source the proper cut from whatever
yank he acquired it from,,,(which is funny in it's own as somebody made
off with that maggot's loot). Karma..

Then the reports started coming in from the lil sacks of brainless shit on ICmag,,,all showing their lil faux TW plants,,,and hen the budshots...

Yep....just confirmed what I noted..they looked like a skunk hybrid...

No TW in there at all..

I've grown the arcata cut out and kept her around for a few years back in 05
did some breeding with her even making S1's and F1's..
I've grown out enough of them as well to know she actually breeds fairly true,and her phenos look damn similar.

There's no mistaking those leaves and the flower formation,smell etc...
and above all the structure,,yeah she will imitate a vine...

That is but 1 example

Posers that are capitalizing off of the lil kiddies that are chasing after name brands...again just like Rez ya gotta hand it to them they know how to make
$$$$$ off the dipshits....

Hey what would this world be without colored seeds man??

Now that was some serious intellect that went into that one!!

Arjan ... you have my respect ,,you are truly Godlike....(sarcasm)
Old 11-06-2010, 11:07 AM
british_hempire

Yeah, GHS TW is nothing at all like the proper Arcata TW, I really like TW but the GHS version is something else entirely, god knows what it is, but it's not TW.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:46 PM

Arjan sucks he only sells feminised seeds you can't get regular. Wish i never bought the big bang nothing like it should be. I am glad all the critical mass i germed popped now i can find something good.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:40 PM

Hi Everyone!

I can not believe it! That a good post Grover!

I think just like you, we will do what it take to give the Lemon a bad reputation!

I think if someone like to invest money in this we can work on a bigger scale of bashing what do you think!

If you like to invest in a few web site only promoting Mr Nice and helping the youngster to stay away from ... fem seeds and Drug...

I work for free! That will start my reputation on the Canna community!

I love every one! But I love Cannabis More! And love you more them money! That all!

I love you also brother!

Ok 1000$ to remove this post!

2011 look good it will be fun! The real Cannabis cup!!
Let start male only seeds this will add some confusion on the scene!
A good marketing slogan will be the best male seeds for breeder only! (Professional material)
I think with the male seeds only youngsters will take more time to make their choice!

MT
Old 11-06-2010, 04:04 PM

Poor Arjan will definitely get bashed here at MrNice, you want to know why?

Most of us here have popped enough beans to possess the KNOWLEDGE that he is selling nothing but crap IMO.

A name does not make a plant great, genetics do. Arjan is the new "King of the Cannabis Name Game."

(This is probably going to be lost in traslation but it makes me smile) Funny you mention the name "Exodus Cheese" Grover. Maybe that seed will be the "Final Cheesey" seed Arjan releases? Probably NOT though.

As far as Arjan having a good business model, I respectfully disagree with that. IMO Arjan is like the opposite of Robin Hood. He takes from the needy to supply his life of greedy.

This is a good business model:

1. Shanti PERSONALLY scours the globe to obtain NEW genetics.

2. Works with Nevil and the current "best" genetics. They WORK, Arjan shmoozes and smiles.

3. Shanti, Nevil and the administration will also directly answer HONESTLY all of our silly little questions and curiosities regarding their genetics and the website.

Mr Nice seems like a much better business strategy, and a much kinder bunch of buds. (pun intended)

Glad Your Back Grover,

KB 8)_~
Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I'm starting to think that there is nothing wrong with GHS. In fact, Arjan has a great business acumen.

Also, he is releasing new genetics into the market all the time, instead of just recycling the same stuff over and over. It's good to have fresh stuff coming in. Where else can you buy Exodus Cheese in seed form?

You do have to ignore the fems, fair enough, but GHS is a business and there is money in the fems, so why should they not? They are not in it to preserve gene pools and the like - they just run a profitable business selling seeds to tourists. Good on them.

RE the quality of their regular seeds. Well, Arjan is a business man and a rich one at that. I think he would pay a decent breeder to produce his seeds. Why not? Is he so stupid that he would produce crap seeds? Obviously he is not stupid... OK, so he is also not stupid enough to spend too much money making the best seeds either, but I reckon his regs do a fair job.

It is just the fashion to Greenhouse bash. Especially on this site (obviously..)

Arjan's business model clearly works. Why should he change it to suit you lot?

I don't see what is wrong with Arjan bringing Californian genetics to Europe. Did Nevil 'rip off' Haze/Skunk/NL/Hash Plant/G13? No. But they all originated in the USA. Non were 'created' by Nevil - but he brought them to us and made them available for us in seed form and we have all (rightfully) thanked him ever since.

It's funny how Nev is a god and Arjan a devil. I suspect, as always, that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Go GHS (so long as I don't have to grow the stuff myself....)!!

Grover 'Alternative Perspective' Sativa
Playing devils advocate eh?

I almost started to come around to the point you were making, then I read british hempire's post, so I had to check it out for myself. Took a quick look on the greenhouse seeds website. What came up is a massive WARNING NO ONE UNDER 18 ALLOWED intro shot, with a big pile of seeds colored like skittles. Reminds me of how anti tobacco folks used to get on big tobacco about marketing to kids with joe camel, and other campaigns, or the alcohol companies who would market drinks to the high school crowd. I mean who the fuck else drinks all that 4 loko? Seems to be right where they are aiming their business. What kind of grower who has been doing it for a while gives a shit about colored coating? I'd think most would even be against it. I mean the seed has evolved over thousands of years to do it's job and do it well. At what point did we decide what the humble seed needed was a makeover?

But I had to delve further, to see what it's all about. I click to enter the site, and get blasted with obnoxious distorted audio track of busta rhymes talking about arjan the "godfather of cannabis". His face is plastered next to about 20 other small .jpgs of random celebrites, names written underneath, most with no apparent connection to arjan or ghs. This page is all based in flash, and it's not immediately obvious where to click to find the actual seed selling business, but there are links to clothing, merchandise, Strain Hunters, "the king of cannabis", luxury apartments, and a big old CENSORED banner over the ghs coffee shops button.

I find the greenhouse seeds button, and get taken to their once again flash based website. And there it is, the menu options include feminized seeds, autoflowering seeds (one variety, also feminized), and of course color coated variety packs of feminized seeds. Yep, it's all feminized.

What a load of shite.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:17 PM

This is about the attitude,

I bought both Black widow and Medman, got both in under 2 weeks, with no problems.

They actually have them in stock right now, but since they were out for a long time people are buying them fast and if you're not paying with CC it is likely that you will miss out.

I have never ordered through mail so i dont even know how that works.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:

your two fails ....

gh don't have regular seeds. and this is one point.
another, and most important ....
if gh have a breeder they present him like the "king of breeders" ... arjan isn't man that miss the bus in this great opportunity ...