Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2019, 10:34 PM

Default The origins of cannabis smoking

this discovery also offers the first direct evidence that men inhaled burnt cannabis smoke to enjoy its psychoactive effects

The origins of cannabis smoking: Chemical residue evidence from the first millennium BCE in the Pamirs

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/6/eaaw1391
Old 06-14-2019, 04:41 AM

Yeah, I saw that in the news today. Interesting. I bet we smoked it long before that though. I think humans are prone to getting high on weed, and the effects are the results of our ancestors getting high on it. There was no DEA back in 500 BCE.

My ancestral male DNA comes from Caucasian tribes from western Asia/Siberia 25,000 plus years ago in the R1b haplogroup. They migrated south through what are now west China and Kazakhstan about 15,000 years ago. What became the M269 clade migrated across southeast Asia and then my U106 sub clade split off and moved northwest through Europe to Holland and England during the bronze age. My more recent ancestors came to north America from England and Holland starting in the early 17th century. My line stayed on the east coast until my parents moved from New York state to the west coast of the US before I was born. So if I keep going west, I do not have far to get back to where my DNA started over 25,000 years ago. I think my ancestors smoked weed along the way. Cannabis was there, my clade was there... lets light one up brother!

Last edited by Big Sur; 06-14-2019 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:46 PM

We have these guys (and gals) to thank...