Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 12:58 PM
Breeder and moderator

Default A very poor way to try and sell seeds imo?

Hi All

As I have been online moderating since the early 90s, I have seen alot of companies come and go . Most thought they had great ideas, some thought they had the beans and others just did not think...so there have been a plethora of companies fade away. Equally there are some who remain among us, usually due to their work or prices or both.....but few who ride on the back of others rarely win. Which leads me to the reason for this post.

Recently I was sent a rotating publicity from a company in Spain called ACE seeds. I know very little about this company but found that they are using Nevils name and claiming feminizing an original Dutch cut that is circulating in Spain which is very cheap and wrong imo. Nevil and I never feminized our seeds for a reason...as it is no longer breeding work but production work in reality. So claiming a cut firstly which never came directly from Nevil to ACE but via via....like most plants do in Spain, is incorrect and since he just passed away and all of a sudden they use his name for their work is wrong. I do not wish to go further into this because many are guilty of the same process, however to use Nevil name at this time to sell a version of some hack seed to make money for their own pockets....well i believe this shows the lack of integrity of this company.

Please do not take me wrong i am not denying companies making money...but do it off your own merits and not on the back of a legend who just died and would never agree to this. Very poor taste on ACE seeds side and they just lost my respect.

All the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 06-11-2019, 01:58 PM

Default No seeds arrive

but no seeds

Last edited by franktank; 06-15-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:37 PM

I believe this feminized cross was around before Nevil's unfortunate passing. Besides being feminized, ACE's cross sure sounds a lot like the Nevil's grail he was working on before his departure from the MNS forum.

That would be great Shanti if you could tell us about your Nevil's haze keepers and crosses. How old are those moms that you use for Nevils Mango and Grail? Are they the same for both lines?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 PM

Been out couple years or been watching it grown last couple years on internet... Bit of drama when grows started.. ... Geez should get a swarmi, nevermind.... But who is legit? Just saying don't keep secrets about genetics, don't make it so,when there seems more questions than answers..

Last edited by Growstone; 06-11-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
This year we also have released the super sativa hybrids Killer A5 Haze and Super Malawi Haze, fruit of our latest breeding with the mhytical Dutch elite Haze hybrids selected by Nevil Schoenmakers himself in the late 80s. A joint collaboration between ACE Seeds and Yo Sammy, member of the small group of growers from South Holland who have preserved these old school Dutch elite Haze hybrids for almost 3 decades.
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/new-strains.html?p=3

For anyone interested, it does say new strains for 2019 on there web page ?

Is this really the place to bring up your shipping issues and demanding more information about genetics ?

I'm just new here but it seems like Neville and Shanti were mates for a long time, Shanti has posted this a little pissed off to see his mates name is being used to sell seeds, maybe just leave it at that and bring up your issues in another post.

Last edited by Dkeppel; 06-11-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:09 PM

As good a place as any, lol
Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growstone View Post
As good a place as any, lol
If you were speaking to the guy face to face and he brought up his recently passed friends name being used to sell seeds, you wouldn't then go on the attack demanding to know this and that, you would bring it up in another enviroment.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:49 PM

If... But not the case, so good a place as any ..attack? Mate I spent a shit load, made many threads showing various strains and big up mns and auctions as only place to get seeds.. if been on 420 mag, might have seen posts/threads I've made... Not attacking nothing and whilst not a suckhole fanboy, still a fanboy lol .. so chillax and involve self with what involve you ..
Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 PM

I fully agree with you mate, I'd like to know the awnsers too, attack was not the right choice of words, didn't mean to step on any toes. Just lost a few family members recently myself.

Last edited by Dkeppel; 06-11-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear that bud...