Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 06-20-2019, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,622
Default

also, you seem to like to talk shit about dr greenthumb, when ive seen people who are happy with his stuff.

i posted pics of the g13 that dogless sent me, another one who was run off by know-it-alls.
since i did not get them from dr gt i cant say that is what he was selling, i just assume.
i dont think anyone ever said G13 is the dopest dope to ever be smoked.
it was good though.
i wouldnt mind having some right now over some of the mns plants i have...
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-20-2019, 05:10 PM
shantibaba's Avatar
Breeder and moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,462
Default

Hi All

well i thought things may go this way...as there are always at least 2 sides to an event.

However, while it is correct info with respect to Jack suggestion of those female cuts C5....A5 etc being circulating in NL with people , these were selections for flowering and have been flowered to supply many shops. Seed was not being made from these cuts...so it may be down to males?

Unlike JH info, I have seen, flowered and smoked these and a lot more of Nevils work for years...it is the nature of working together over several decades. However the making of seed was done by me for the seed versions of the strains due to the different seed parent(s) i have that make these seed versions.

So the stories and hype surrounding most strain info and original parents or seed generations has become so distorted over the last 20 years , added to the bits of stories and facts all used on second and third hand people experiences that most people do not even know what the real versions of any plant look like or smell like. It is based on many growers trusting the seeds and information they got when purchasing seed, and depending upon the company who sold it to the grower....depended upon the story they told. This is easily documented and a perfect example is Widow...buy it from Dutch passion or me or other companies and see what you see....all different and just a generic name over used and abused...so most are clutching at straws getting involved in a story and plants that most do not know anything about.

Anyway, here at MNS we have maintained our fathers and mothers based on the original seed version that were made, not flower selection plants. If a grower has never grown a Haze plant and then buys a seed version from a particular company selling the name sake and it is their first time to see this plant, then it will be their base of the strain. However if it is not the real one in actual terms of the stories, no one will be the wiser and it will be the version associated with that strain for that grower....from then on. So even if they were given the actual real version their true version will be the one they bought and saw first making the base of the story all incorrect from that point onwards. Considering so many seed versions of so many strains exist online, it is at best confusing where to source from, but most go to what they can afford in the end.

Hope that helps show where hypothesis and facts get mixed together on all strain stories......all the best Sb
__________________
ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ-ψ

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-20-2019, 06:15 PM
musashi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: in a galaxy far, far away
Posts: 1,265
Default

"THE MYTHICAL A5 HAZE MEETS OUR MALAWI KILLER TO CREATE OUR MOST POWERFUL, TRIPPY AND NARCOTIC HYBRID"

Looks like the "killer" part comes from the Malawi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
...why are you so certain about something that you really have no input on?
youre just injecting your feelings into the situation, and obviously you dont have very good feelings about ace.
you dont know what ace has, you dont know what anyone else has, so how can you sit here and cast doubt on others? its obvious that you hope they dont have the real A5, or a real A5. and why is that?
ive never grown an ace seed.
@jh- Please braddah, stop projecting. Iím not arguing anything as it is a waste of time when something is unverifiable. People gonna believe what they want to believe. I really donít care if they have A5 or not, and if they do, good on them. Iím not the guy who puts it on a pedestal or feels my life is unfulfilled because of lack of A5. I am a nobody. Iím not getting paid for my comments. My opinion is just that, my opinion; an opinion based on my own experience with Ace and CBG. What is needed here is some critical thinking. You, as well as the rest of us are free to pursue your own experience and come to your own conclusions as to what killer is for you.

I don't dispute that Ace might have some decent gear. I have personal experience with several of their varieties. Like Growstone said, "Grown some golden tiger that was nice.. stoney, not what I imagined but still nice." Yet, comparing to similar MNS varieties leaves me wondering why I spent so much more for fem seeds from Ace. Spending 3x more money did not get me a 3x better stone.

My point is that this fallacious argument that something from the past might be so much more devastating compared to the available (5000+) varieties we have today is questionable. How is that measured beyond our own subjectivity? It reminds me of the old stereo arguments around THD when our ears were not even capable of these sound thresholds (and yes, I own a Nakamichi Dragon). Same as people touting their expensive grow products that might increase my yield by 5%. BFD. Where is the ROI? Thatís marketing for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGShQsxiy1c

I reason that with 18 seeds/pack of old school MNS, my odds are much better at finding all expressions within the chosen variety. What are the odds that you will find all 4 phenos with a 5 seed purchase of this Malawi hybrid? I would have to spend Ä240 for 15 seeds of Ace. IMO, there is no reason to spend that kind of money for seeds. How many packets of seeds could I get from the MNS auction for that kind of money?

Fact is, I have found incredible MNS plants that have left me thunderstruck and totally stupid for a lot less money. I have lost hours and days in euphoria and happiness with NH, NHM, MH IBL, NL5/Hz. I don't know how much higher I can get really. Spending Ä16-18 /seed for a fem variety doesnít make it that much better. All the other stuff (the story) doesn't mean shit to me. It is not verifiable and I am too old to chase rainbows. The proof is in the seed.

Braddah jack, you say you don't know Ace but you make an argument for believing them. I would encourage you to find out through your own experience which is what I did. Everyone has their own preferences found through their own reasoning and experience. What I am really trying to say in a long-winded way is that from my own experience, over the years, through many grows- MNS is the real deal for me.

Shaka
Mu
__________________
ďMaking the world a more beautiful place one seed at a time.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-20-2019, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Aussieland
Posts: 398
Default

Thanks, answered something I'd be wonderering about, in regards to flowering and breeding plants... Thread where cut was given, around 2015, had shade in actually identifying the cut, been mislabelled, and after flowered was declared A5. So I imagine lol breeding, if flowering cut is easily obtainable... A lot of us either don't know the originals, looking for the shit we had back in the day, we read about them, want them and possibly getting sold them, so we research, ask questions,share inconsistencies we've found, so as to not be sheeple, cause some out there tell you anything to get their hands in your wallet...

Last edited by Growstone; 06-20-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-20-2019, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,622
Default

thats cool musashi, i certainly cant argue that mns seed is a good value, when you receive them and when they germinate in sufficient quantities

but also you have to realize all these guys are making money off seed, while some of us share freely.
i dont mind spending money on seed, but it must be unique and worthy of the high price tag, compared to other stuff you can get fro free or cheap.
so i would never call in to question the quality or authenticity of anything anyone has, until ive tried it for myself.
otherwise i trust people until they show they can not be trusted.
i understand some people may have already passed that point with ace because of past shenangigans.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-20-2019, 06:55 PM
musashi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: in a galaxy far, far away
Posts: 1,265
Default

I hear you and completely agree with you brah. I've dropped a lot of money over the years to the likes of Ace, Sensi, GHS, Barneys, many USA companies- the list goes on. All in pursuit of the one. Some good seeds here and there but inconsistent. Cost, germination problems, intersex problems, etc. with regularity. Therein lies this issue of trust. Minimal problems with MNS which explains my confidence in their products.

Shaka
Mu
__________________
ďMaking the world a more beautiful place one seed at a time.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 PM
CannaFish's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
I hear you and completely agree with you brah. I've dropped a lot of money over the years to the likes of Ace, Sensi, GHS, Barneys, many USA companies- the list goes on. All in pursuit of the one. Some good seeds here and there but inconsistent. Cost, germination problems, intersex problems, etc. with regularity. Therein lies this issue of trust. Minimal problems with MNS which explains my confidence in their products.

Shaka
Mu
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-20-2019, 11:29 PM
Elmer Bud's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Land Of Oz
Posts: 1,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntmassa View Post
I certainly don't doubt people have held seeds and bred with Nevil's work way back. What I do doubt is someone has been holding a clone 35+ years and it's just now seeing the light of day. A well selected F2 yeah, I'd believe that.

I'm not really upset though, I mostly just know it's bullshit.



It's probably not all that special, probably decent. But why lie about having the original cut from Nevil?? Are you serious?

Dr. Greenthumb did the same thing and sold his G13 at $100 a seed and sold a lot of fucking seeds!! I've also seen grows and not one person said it was the dopest dope they ever smoked!!

G `day BM

The old school Hazes have been available at selected coffee shops for the duration .
The reason the were not in circulation is they were not shared so the holders had a monopoly . You wanted old school haze you had to get it from the Haze cartel .

These guys were the ones who did the initial grows with Nevil before he became a ganja rock star .They were Nevil`s next door neighbours .

They kept the cuts alive when Nevil was in jail in Australia . One day Nevil returned collected the cuttings and left with out so much as a thank you .So there was a chain of custody problem with even with the old cuts Nevil kept . That Shanti now keeps in several countries for security .

Shanti is indebted to those guys too . No neighbours keeping the cuts alive . No Hazes for Nevil to return to ...
No Nevil`s Haze , no Mango Haze , no SSH , no Mango Widow , no Nevil`s / Mango .

Double D cut and Ortega cut were G13 hybrids IMO. Ortega and Green Thumb fcked up and said it was pure . And got exposed . G13 that yields pounds ...


Thanks for sharin

EB .
__________________
Quote:
Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 06-20-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-21-2019, 12:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 52
Default Preach on bruddah

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
[I]"THE MYTHICAL A5 HAZE People gonna believe what they want to believe. I really donít care if they have A5 or not, and if they do, good on them. Iím not the guy who puts it on a pedestal or feels my life is unfulfilled because of lack of A5.
Shaka
Mu
Musashi my friend...you are the man. Couldnt have been put any better. Perhaps a G13xA5 is in the works for you jack

I totally understand Shanti being upset by throwing neville's name around so early after his passing. Ace couldve said we have what we believe to be A5 and talked more about their plants without neville's name being mentioned. In the first year after his passing the only tasteful way to use his name would be if Shanti wanted to do a remembrance package (NL5haze seems cross hes most known for) or something in honor of neville where proceeds went to his family or a cause Neville himself was passionate about. Otherwise 30%+THC lab report or pipe down.

This sure has been one entertaining thread. You guys are great.

Big sur keep up the good work. I may not agree with you all the time but you're passionate about what you do and you get gratification out of it. That in and of itself is admirable. Even if the seeds you plant arent what you believe them to be (not saying they're not) its real to you and is your reality. Let the haters hate, they always will.

As for all this talk about G13 i kind of figured cannatonic and it were a marriage destined to be. Neither interest me but i could see it working out possibly for cbd market.

As for the A5 haze crosses youre so hyped about from ace
, what about Shantis hazeAC crosses?

That AC is quite the stud. I totally get how breeders feel when they find a good male now.

Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-21-2019, 12:42 AM
bluntmassa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: outlaw country,USA
Posts: 1,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day BM

The old school Hazes have been available at selected coffee shops for the duration .
The reason the were not in circulation is they were not shared so the holders had a monopoly . You wanted old school haze you had to get it from the Haze cartel .

These guys were the ones who did the initial grows with Nevil before he became a ganja rock star .They were Nevil`s next door neighbours .

They kept the cuts alive when Nevil was in jail in Australia . One day Nevil returned collected the cuttings and left with out so much as a thank you .So there was a chain of custody problem with even with the old cuts Nevil kept . That Shanti now keeps in several countries for security .

Shanti is indebted to those guys too . No neighbours keeping the cuts alive . No Hazes for Nevil to return to ...
No Nevil`s Haze , no Mango Haze , no SSH , no Mango Widow , no Nevil`s / Mango .

Double D cut and Ortega cut were G13 hybrids IMO. Ortega and Green Thumb fcked up and said it was pure . And got exposed . G13 that yields pounds ...


Thanks for sharin

EB .
Yeah, does sound like they probably have the original female according to what Shantibaba posted. Does make sense someone would hoard a female that no one else has, could take well over 100 seeds to find something close even if you have the same genetics.

Certainly would be cool if they made regular seeds, but they would need to work it a bit to get that Haze more dominant.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL