Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Default Hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
you find a good one, and you will not want to waste space with anything else.
Sounds like a guy who got with a pretty girl for the first time. Funny shit
Old 08-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Banned

yeah man, i loved that girl

i grew some bagseeds that grew something similar but maybe better,
but that jack herer was the first one that i had a name to track down.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Banned

and it sounds like some people have found these lemon pledge fuelly citrus kind of plants in these lines, but it must not be very frequently that they pop up, one out of ten or twenty females or more. maybe some find them more often.
i should shut up and grow more of them, and then maybe ill find one.
i gave it a good try this year, with seven packs, 2 Mango, 1 SSH and 4 NH,
it was a good plan, but not good enough germination to have enough females to sort through.
now i would have to shell out a bunch more money to try again, or try my luck with f2's or crosses. and spend a lot more time.
somewhere, somehow, someone has/had something that was a lot more stable for that type of fuelly strength/high quality. maybe a lot of strains can throw plants like that and you just have to find the one in a thousand...
Old 08-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootigh View Post
…Funny shit…
What is funny are the gyrations we put ourselves through just to be right. Some stories are downright kooky, defying logic and time frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntmassa View Post
Right, the whole questioning of genetics is a bit played out...
...But hey, it's been going on since before I joined this forum and still going strong...
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
...Stories go on become ingrained and embellished and reach legendary status even when one of those involved clearly explain their side...
...Till then , the seed of today is what we do and have and while the stories fly around to those who keep it alive, we keep working trying to improve some elements of the CBD crew seeds and MNS products...
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
...so concentrate on the seed in front of you and do your best with it...
...Believe as you wish but make sure you keep growing…
Yep.

Who you gonna believe?
fish2 copy.jpg

“None but ourselves can free our minds.” ~B. Marley

Yep.

Shaka
Mu
Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
and it sounds like some people have found these lemon pledge fuelly citrus kind of plants in these lines, but it must not be very frequently that they pop up, one out of ten or twenty females or more. maybe some find them more often.
i should shut up and grow more of them, and then maybe ill find one.
i gave it a good try this year, with seven packs, 2 Mango, 1 SSH and 4 NH,
it was a good plan, but not good enough germination to have enough females to sort through.
now i would have to shell out a bunch more money to try again, or try my luck with f2's or crosses. and spend a lot more time.
somewhere, somehow, someone has/had something that was a lot more stable for that type of fuelly strength/high quality. maybe a lot of strains can throw plants like that and you just have to find the one in a thousand...
I'd probably make a cross or F2, who knows you find that one who got away, you can win a cup. not too mention some people will give you a few grand just for a clone. Figure you want the best, Shantibaba had to do it himself back in the day, you try hard enough you could do it too.

Of course, you are going to have to grow some numbers. Really I can imagine Shantibaba pumping out a strain with almost 30% thc just using the CBD Crew method of testing everything. I definitely think people are going to out perform the classics in the future, really some are getting up around 30% THC. I kind of want to cross them all to Haze and Critical Mass just to see if it's worth working further. Worst case scenario I had a little fun with it, best case I kick ass in every cup and make a fortune selling clones and seeds.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntmassa View Post
I can imagine Shantibaba pumping out a strain with almost 30% thc just using the CBD Crew method of testing everything. I definitely think people are going to out perform the classics in the future, really some are getting up around 30% THC.
I can imagine too. I imagine he does on a very regular basis. I personally have more experience with serious seeds than any other company and their fem bubblegum just tested at 27%. Their AK when it was back to back cup holder was measured at 29% in my garden (27.5 in hightimes). Gerrit of magus said his warlock before his bust in the states was pushing 30.

Warlock is only afghan x skunk, If only shanti offered any of those crosses (sarcasm). Old school genetics are not being surpassed just more people paying attention now and old school is not whats trending.

I haven't had much MNS experience but all i gather from others and my two female plant experience, is its all about finding the right pheno. My serious seeds experience the keeper pheno was hitting you in the face for almost every plant and maybe one freak. While nice everyone who buys it essentially grows the same plant. MNS seems more about picking a recipe you believe will produce a winner and doing selection yourself.

If you're breeding or looking for something unique i couldn't imagine a better place to start.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:35 PM

I work around thousands of plants every day - all of the new super hybrids. They're what sells. I still prefer what Shanti is pumping out in my private life. I wish the weed world would stop being ruled by inflated lab numbers and names.

To me, it's like Italian food - It's better when there's just a few high quality ingredients in balance than when everything in the kitchen is thrown in.

We're lucky to have MNS around - I believe most of the guys who've been in the game for a long time realize this.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:40 PM

Yeah, I bet 30% THC is possible in some MNS strains. I've done AK-47 before it was pretty good but not really better. I've never actually tested THC % on my own plants so I couldn't tell you what I'm getting for numbers though I'm sure I've gotten pretty high.

Definitely good still having MNS around still, seems even Nirvana has gone to the dark side, selling pretty much just fems and Auto fems, mostly just new popular genetics and they really ain't as cheap. Most clearly just want the money, no longer a desire to truly breed the best, you can buy GG#4 hacks everywhere, even Nirvana. Lol, I love how CA breeders act all high and mighty and then just use the same old genetics as everyone else in a single cross and act like it's gold. Then you have Bohdi being so popular but I don't really see him making anything but pollyhybrids with some cool names thrown around. He's great so I hear, though I think I can do about just as good.

It's pretty easy to see, just kind of hard to get people to believe they could breed just as good as 95%+ in cannabis. Of course then you have people like Shanti and crew making true breeding CBD rich strains, which still could be done just need lots of plants and testing everything, definitely a lot of work.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
To me, it's like Italian food - It's better when there's just a few high quality ingredients in balance than when everything in the kitchen is thrown in.
My experiences and thoughts exactly. Perfect analogy Ronin.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:47 AM

Hi,

Seems like this old 5hz cut is spreading all around
Spain.....
I went to ttsc web site to see the Greek strain big sur was talking about on an other thread and found this:
New Arrivals NL5Haze & Black Sour - Tropical Seeds Company Seed Bank Blog Archive » Tropical Seeds Company Seed Bank

Best,
Tom Bolenate

Last edited by Tom bolenate; 09-06-2019 at 12:06 PM.