Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2019, 01:13 AM
Banned

sounds good, but you should drop in to that other thread in the talk to shanti section, A5 C5 and 5C122, much more interesting conversation than all the time youve spent in this thread. sorry to waste your time thinking you have to respond to any of it but many probably appreciate that you do.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
The years prior to MNS when i was in NL was the best time for breeding and strains with many growers and breeders doing a lot of projects together. I referred to this time growing with Nevil when we came up with quite a few new and interesting things...Widow, SSH, Mango Haze, Dr .Kevorkian, El Nino,NH, G13 hybrids etc....However it was many years ago and one day when i go through the papers i kept on breeding...i will publish some hand written notes for posterity.
Sb
What's up with the Dr, Kevorkian? Sounds like it will put you to sleep.

Any chance you have an old Greenhouse seeds catalog pre 98? Can't seem to find one anywhere.

Last edited by bluntmassa; 08-08-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:59 AM

I don't know how Shanti keeps his cool, there seems to be a few members on this forum who's sole contribution to any discussion is to try discredit his work.

At every oppertunity these members seem to be demanding proof of the existence of his parent stock or demanding to know every detail of the lineage of his strains.

I have to ask these few, What do you gain from any of this ?

How could photos of for example the Haze C male prove anything ?

Fact is it could be any old haze male, none of you have the original male to compare it too.

End of the day all we can do is grow the seeds and you're rather gonna like what you get or your not end of story.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkeppel View Post
I don't know how Shanti keeps his cool, there seems to be a few members on this forum who's sole contribution to any discussion is to try discredit his work.

At every oppertunity these members seem to be demanding proof of the existence of his parent stock or demanding to know every detail of the lineage of his strains.

I have to ask these few, What do you gain from any of this ?

How could photos of for example the Haze C male prove anything ?

Fact is it could be any old haze male, none of you have the original male to compare it too.

End of the day all we can do is grow the seeds and you're rather gonna like what you get or your not end of story.
Amen to that. People focusing on some strange stuff...

Iím as much a fan of cannabis genealogy as the next guy but at some point you just gotta ask yourself if you like what the seeds produce or not.
Skunk Haze is some very very fine weed, for example - I donít really care what specific cutting served as the Haze parent or the Skunk parent for that matter. Itís good weed and thatís all Iím trying to grow. I do not have any real need to know exactly what created this. I like it, I look forward to using it in my own hybrids. Thatís enough for me.
Some of you guys act like youíre curating some grand cannabis information museum... there are inconsistent records because this industry is still on the fringes of acceptance and with that fact remaining you must expect there to be a lot of Haze clouding clear information. (Like the pun? )

Letís quit trying to define details of a murky history and instead focus on creating a better current era and future for those who follow the path.

This line of questioning has been going for over a decade with no clear answers. Iím ready for some new questions to be asked, arenít you?

Keep Ďem green, friends.

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 08-08-2019, 12:01 PM

If we care about diversity, we HAVE to care about lineages and genealogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingupjake View Post
Amen to that. People focusing on some strange stuff...

Iím as much a fan of cannabis genealogy as the next guy but at some point you just gotta ask yourself if you like what the seeds produce or not.
Skunk Haze is some very very fine weed, for example - I donít really care what specific cutting served as the Haze parent or the Skunk parent for that matter. Itís good weed and thatís all Iím trying to grow. I do not have any real need to know exactly what created this. I like it, I look forward to using it in my own hybrids. Thatís enough for me.
Some of you guys act like youíre curating some grand cannabis information museum... there are inconsistent records because this industry is still on the fringes of acceptance and with that fact remaining you must expect there to be a lot of Haze clouding clear information. (Like the pun? )

Letís quit trying to define details of a murky history and instead focus on creating a better current era and future for those who follow the path.

This line of questioning has been going for over a decade with no clear answers. Iím ready for some new questions to be asked, arenít you?

Keep Ďem green, friends.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Banned

small minded people only worry about the here and now.

and now is the time that you may be able to get answers and clarification for any of this.

generally i like what the seeds have been producing, yet im still growing more seeds because i havent found anything that is good enough.

Maybe some of you could care less what haze parent was used here or there...
others would like to know this information. its information about seeds you paid for.
and its information that may determine whether you keep paying for those seeds or find some other seeds to pay for. or to just work with your own seeds and not pay for any more.

there are inconsistant records because many of these people have been lying, and it was accepted while in the underground, black market. who you going to complain to?
but this is a new era, and if you havent looked around, maybe you should.
it really not hard to say this plant is a cross of this and this.
thats all anyone expects.
then they can look up the this, and see what made it, and so on.

not everything shanti says is to be taken as the gospel, unless you have no mind of your own.

let me remind some of you of the information that was extracted like pulling teeth.
youre welcome.

Quote:
ASH and Angels Breathe is made with the Afghan Haze C male side....hope that curbs all the interest...but SSH and Mango Haze are pedigree breeds incorporating both sides of Haze A and Haze C combinations....in their breeding.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:35 PM

I guess I'm small minded. I do kind of want to see the Greenhouse catolalog around 98 though. Lol, Dr. Kevorkian sounds more interesting than the Haze c/a. If I breed with Haze I'm going to choose the best plants I find regardless of A or C.

I'm sure both A and C are pretty good but what I get in the seed is what really matters. Of course, nothing ever does seem good enough, true you find a great plant and smoke nothing but it for over a week it gets boring, I don't care what strain it is. Variety is the true spice of life.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:52 AM
Banned

then you havent found a good plant yet.

you find a good one, and you will not want to waste space with anything else.
maybe after a few years you will start to wonder what other weed was like, and grow small amounts for variety of flavor.

dr kevorkian is a haze.

when shanti sells me some seeds that produce better plants than i have gotten from bagseed, then ill worship him like some of you seem to.
until then he is just a guy that grows weed and seeds just like the rest of us.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkeppel View Post
I don't know how Shanti keeps his cool
I would say it's pretty consistent with his nickname

Shanti is a grandpa now and with that comes wisdom. Jaques Machado said it best "why retaliate to somebody who is already in pain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS69KNUJqko
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shanti.JPG (20.3 KB, 73 views)
Old 08-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi All

Knowledge of historical pedigrees are very important when all parts of regulatory set of rules are verifiable. Cannabis has not nor still is botanically classified in varietal levels...so all the history of this plant is heresay...at best.

Nature created it, not man...we are merely the hand work of passing passengers who put our twist on things we select for nd the reasons we like them. It is like we all have the first clone of the original olive tree but grown in diverse weather, soil, climates, with differing food and water etc...have created so many sub species that all use generic terms to classify but are a long way from original strains. It has been an evolutionary development, rather than scientific one. Now we are moving into science and strict regulatory codes it seems a history is needed to explain how we got here. From now on we keep records but before it was individuals in pockets of the world that brought strains to the level they are...then people develop them as the specifications are revealed and understood and then desired...for certain reasons. All these pocket contributors have a certain history but it gets harder and harder to verify even single facts let alone a story when it is no longer close by.We rely on story tellers and scraps of so called facts...but remember even the bible is written by numerous people stories and someone compiling them. So at best they are nice stories based on facts that will never be verified...
I do think on both sides of this discussion and there are reasons and logic to parts ...but it is simply a person story verse another persons story with few alive from these days ...so it is a perpetual unraveling spiral and possibly like another parable to add to the Cannabible in time....all the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl