Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2019, 11:26 PM

Default Phylos Hoodwink...........

https://hightimes.com/news/former-ph...g-controversy/
Old 05-25-2019, 07:31 PM

I quit reading High Times decades ago... talk about a wolf in sheep's clothes. They should talk. A wider view on the Phylos Bioscience controversy is posted here with the fallout of The Open Cannabis Project:

What is the Future of Cannabis IP After Phylos? - Future Cannabis Project

And the resultant closing of the Open Cannabis Project as of May 31 (next week) is posted locally here:

https://www.wweek.com/news/business/...eding-program/

FYI: I am not involved in any way with either Phylos or the OCP, though they are a stone's throw from me. I never submitted samples to either of them. Phylos has offered me large discounts in testing if I participated in some of their studies, the most recent being methods for dealing with Powdery Mildew on Cannabis. I declined their offers. Even with discounts their testing is WAY to spendy for a smaller boutique grower like me. Being a medical grower in Oregon, I do have the option to sell into the rec market (20 pound limit per year), but the overhead for that is high (including testing and inventory control), and it is not worth the price of admission with the current low wholesale price of weed here. I never trusted the Open Cannabis Project, and lo, it has turned out to be a deception (not of their knowing).

Legal weed is taking some evil turns already.

Last edited by Big Sur; 05-25-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:24 PM

Let's be honest, how much better is any GMO CRISPR weed going to be than what we have today?

Then how expensive are these seeds going to be? It's going to cost a few bucks to genetically modify weed and who's really going to want it?

Fuck all that we can gift and trade cuts of the best plants on the underground and constantly undercut big business.

It's the God damn cartridges! That are the real problem, I still don't like them I'd rather smoke a blunt of Mexican brick weed!! LMAO, at least some actual hash, never got into dabbing I like my dry sift and bubble personally.

Legal weed can do whatever they want, I'll still grow weed.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:17 AM

Default Did you say hashish?

I am dry sifting my Lebanese red that I grew last year for making hashish right now. Bought an old ice cream maker for $5, and got a small chest freezer on Craigslist for $30. I cut slots in the ice cream maker can and wrapped it with poly 'silk' screen. I tumble it frozen at 10 deg F for 3 hours and it comes out all golden yellow trichome fluff. Lebanese hash grown, cured and sifted from my own backyard!

No CRISPR, no GMO, no worked genetics from Amsterdam, no damn OG Bubba Kush genetics from California in there either. Pure landrace from God only knows where or when these Bekaa Valley landrace strains originated. They grow true and flower and finish early enough for the PNW no matter how early the weather hits this place in the Fall. And they make some mighty fine top grade dry sifted hashish.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntmassa View Post
Let's be honest, how much better is any GMO CRISPR weed going to be than what we have today?

Then how expensive are these seeds going to be? It's going to cost a few bucks to genetically modify weed and who's really going to want it?

Fuck all that we can gift and trade cuts of the best plants on the underground and constantly undercut big business.

It's the God damn cartridges! That are the real problem, I still don't like them I'd rather smoke a blunt of Mexican brick weed!! LMAO, at least some actual hash, never got into dabbing I like my dry sift and bubble personally.

Legal weed can do whatever they want, I'll still grow weed.

I'm thinking that GMO weed won't be any better than what we are already smoking and growing. I'm pretty sure that GMO plants will be "glyphosate tolerant crops." Which means these plants will have sucked up a lot of glyphosate in them when they are processed in to pussy sticks. Enjoy the smell of vaped napalm.

Old 06-01-2019, 05:55 AM

^^ I love the smell of napalm in the morning... ^^

It smells like victory.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:58 AM

Funny, I have been getting these emails from Phylos, and no mention of anything about their using our genetics to make money, or that the OCP is shutting down today (May 31). Its business as usual, screw the customers out of their money and genetic information and treat them like mushrooms (fed a lot of shit an kept in the dark).