Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2018, 01:27 AM

On the legalization front, US congress passed a bill to legalize hemp in the 2018 Farm Bill. All that has to happen for it to become law is Trump to sign it now. He is likely to do that.

One step at a time...

The Hemp Farming Act of 2018 will remove hemp (defined as cannabis with less than 0.3% THC) from Schedule 1 controlled substances and make it an ordinary agricultural commodity.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ishun View Post
You do know that it's not unusual to find thai in the coffee shops in Amsterdam, right?

It's not the quality that was available back in the 70's, but it's real and still pure sativa.

Look up the strain "dr. Grinspoon" I think it's from Barneys.
That is thai....doctored I'm sure, but it's based on old school thai.
You can grow hybrids and indicas anywhere...pure sats only grow outdoors in very select areas and because of that command a premium price.

I received my open water master divers certification in the Phuket area...yea I know the place.
G `day N2

Yes I bought some Thai weed in Amsterdam to compare with what I had smoked in Thailand itself .

I also bought a gram of Dr Grinspoon and smoked it too .

Premium price ? Not where I am . They are considered bush weed and aren`t as expensive .

Pretty much the whole continent of Australia has a climate that can finish sativa plants . If nature smiles on you .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 12-25-2018, 06:48 PM

Thailand just legalised medicinal cannabis, first se asian country to do so. One 'lawmaker' calls it a "New Year Gift to the Thai people" BOOM SHANKAR!
Old 12-26-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauthebulldog View Post
Thailand just legalised medicinal cannabis, first se asian country to do so. One 'lawmaker' calls it a "New Year Gift to the Thai people" BOOM SHANKAR!
Quote:
A bill to legalise the strictly controlled production, import and use of marijuana and kratom for medical and research purposes was passed yesterday, amid concerns that patents on marijuana extracts will be secured mainly by large, foreign pharmaceutical companies.
Every activity involving the use of these two narcotic plants will be controlled under strict regulations. Such activities will also require prior approval by the committee on narcotics control.

In addition, any possession of more than 10 kilogrammes of these two plants, including permitted possession, will be considered possession with intent to distribute.

Parties eligible to seek permission to produce, import, export, take possession of or distribute these two plants include state agencies conducting medical research or offering studies on medicine, pharmaceutical science, science and agricultural science, according to the law.

As for the legal punishment for possession with intent to distribute under the new law, the maximum punishment will be five years in prison and a maximum fine of 100,000 baht if the possessed amount is less than 10kg. If the amount exceeds 10kg, the prison term will be between one and 15 years and the fine between 100,000 and 1.5 million baht.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...o-legalisation

G `day BtB

Meet the new boss . Same as the old boss .
Thailand has a totally corrupt system . If you aren`t born in the right family good luck getting any sort of license .

The big boys in the army , the cops even the local mayors all get a cut of the billions of baht from ganja smuggling ATM . I don`t see that changing in the near future .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 12-26-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...o-legalisation

G `day BtB

Meet the new boss . Same as the old boss .
Thailand has a totally corrupt system . If you aren`t born in the right family good luck getting any sort of license .

The big boys in the army , the cops even the local mayors all get a cut of the billions of baht from ganja smuggling ATM . I don`t see that changing in the near future .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Tend to agree. I lived in Thailand for a couple of years in the north and you're basically talking even by Asian standards a very corrupt country where nepotism, cronyism and elitism are the order of the day. That said, right next door you have very poor countries such as Lao, Myanmar and Cambodia and hopefully they see the opportunity to cash in on the boom. While they too are all corrupt particularly Lao and Cambodia offer a lot of promise because hell its really cheap to pay off the officials there. Be interesting to see how this one pans out. Oh and don't know about the disappearance of the native land races. Given the areas they have been grown in for eons and given I haven't noticed any change in Thai Buddha other than the fact most of it comes from Cambodia (not Thailand) now I think the land races are still very much traditionally grown by farmers. You can buy bails of land race stuff at local markets in Lao. They feed it to the pigs.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:30 PM

I'm just going to point out the obvious: there isn't a government I've ever heard of that didn't have corruption. It's where the power and money are and will always attract the self-interested.

My inner cynic says they have squeezed all the money they can out of it being illegal, and now it's time to start squeezing the other side.

When the US goes legit, the smart money is on legalizing.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post
I'm just going to point out the obvious: there isn't a government I've ever heard of that didn't have corruption. It's where the power and money are and will always attract the self-interested.

My inner cynic says they have squeezed all the money they can out of it being illegal, and now it's time to start squeezing the other side.

G `day PMB

You gotta go and see the corruption to believe it !
Go to the immigration dep for a visa extension . 1900 baht . Hand over 2000 , get a receipt for 1900 and no change ...
The immigration dep in Bangkok services 1000s of people a day .

I think this is about protecting the powers that be . Talk of patents and control of supply .

@ Glow the stuff I was smoking came from Laos via Chiang Mai .
I did score some home grown in the Golden Triangle from some locals . That was on another level to the brick weed .

I talked to few old folks who said traditionally they made kancha soup for elderly people to improve their appetite .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 12-27-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:11 AM

me wants some kancha soup. you got any recipes EB? Kancha soup for the soul?

IDK bout in thailand but I spent a itty bitty bit of time in fiji. the corruption is a lot more obvious than it is in the states. I had never dealt so regularly in bribes lol

there's a film about legalizing herb in thailand called Highland. It's on Netflix if anyone is interested.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post

You'd have to understand the history of Thailand before making comments like that. Thailand is a fledgling democracy and really has always been run by a king. After years of trouble (Yellow shirts and Red shirts etc) the army stepped in which really is to say the king took control again. Things weren't so special there after the likes of Thaksin Shinawatra who was an utter corrupt piece of shit and who was responsible for the government sanctioned murders of thousands of Thais who were purportedly Shabu (meth) dealers but in reality most were users or for that matter just innocent people who were standing to close to a user or dealer who was gunned down on the street. The cops in Thailand are as corrupt as hell which is why the army has stepped in and in reality things are far better than they were in the years preceding this. Bit hard for westerners to get Asian culture but they have never really had democracy in the way westerners understand democracy (which in itself is a crock really).

BTW Thailand for years was legal until the UN (aka US) pressured them to outlaw cannabis and opium which both were widely grown by Thais. It sort of makes a lot of sense that they now will go back to production of a traditional crop.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day PMB

You gotta go and see the corruption to believe it !
Go to the immigration dep for a visa extension . 1900 baht . Hand over 2000 , get a receipt for 1900 and no change ...
The immigration dep in Bangkok services 1000s of people a day .

I think this is about protecting the powers that be . Talk of patents and control of supply .

@ Glow the stuff I was smoking came from Laos via Chiang Mai .
I did score some home grown in the Golden Triangle from some locals . That was on another level to the brick weed .

I talked to few old folks who said traditionally they made kancha soup for elderly people to improve their appetite .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Chiang Mai is my second home and Northern Lao has some kick ass land race stuff going on mate. I spent a few weeks in a town there. Went for two days but the local pot was so good I got stuck:-) A lot of the Northern Lao stuff is from Burma originally but if you head down the Mekong to the Southern Islands you'll find what I consider to be some of the best pot in SE Asia.

A lot of the compressed Buddha now comes from Cambodia. We grabbed a load of it on Koh Phayam (ex Cam) and had a very chilled few weeks there. People rave about all the couch lock kush shit:-) but give me a good sativa any day of the week.

Oh and as for the corruption. Mate to be honest I think its great as long as you can make it work for you. I hear westerners whining in Asia that they just got pinged for speeding or something else and it cost them ten bucks for a bribe. I'm like yeah that sucks. If you were at home you'd be up for hundreds and maybe lose your license. I love Indo. Cop stops you and asks if you are drunk. Yep you say but hey mate its legal. Here's ten bucks though. Have a great day officer. The best one I had was I gave them a bribe one day and one of the cops then ran off to the bottle shop (7 11) and bought me, him and another cop beers. I got them the next round and so on. Nothing wrong with corruption if its cheap.

Last edited by Glow; 12-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.