Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Breeder and moderator

Default Beware using Neem oil....in large doses

Hi All

hearing a lot of issues from farmers recently about their issue using Neem oil for natural insecticide.

Have a read as this could affect more than people think....

https://steemit.com/cannabis/@drutte...neem-poisoning

all the best Shantibaba

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 08-22-2018, 04:42 PM

Guess that's why it's only allowed for ornamental use in Australia...
Old 08-22-2018, 09:01 PM

That's very interesting.
Thanks for the link.

I've never used neem oil, but I have heard it mentioned quite a bit.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
Hi All

hearing a lot of issues from farmers recently about their issue using Neem oil for natural insecticide.

Have a read as this could affect more than people think....

https://steemit.com/cannabis/@drutte...neem-poisoning

all the best Shantibaba
G `day Shantibaba

What references does this guy make to actual data ?

Tells a big story with no proof .

I thought you were a scientist Shantibaba .where is the proofs ?
Poor form to post unproven info . Especially as you know people hang on every word you say .

Looks to me to be a precis of the cannabinoid hyperremsis thread from International Cannagraphic Forum .

No hard evidence .

from trhe linked -link .
[QUOTE] Allen said the illness was reasonably rare, affecting perhaps 1% of chronic users. “But some people are very sensitive to Cannabis”. He said further research was needed to test this. In January 2013, Dr Allen presented a Submission to the New South Wales’ Government ‘Inquiry Into Use of Cannabis for Medical Purposes’, on behalf of the Mt Barker South Surgery. Dr’s Allen and Heddle wrote to remind government of their purported syndrome (having presented no further research on the subject).
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 08-22-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:58 AM

about the toxicity of azadiractin, little is still known about the risks for humans. What we know is that azadirachtin has no genotoxic effect on human cells, but may have antiproliferative effects, as evidenced by the changes in the cell cycle of human lymphocytes, some of which also displayed aberrant mitoses and poliploidy with multipolar spindles. One study reported that an azadirachtin-based nematicide caused eye irritation but no systemic effects. There is also a case report of a 35-year-old woman showing transient signs of neurotoxicity after ingesting azadirachtin in a suicide attempt. And another clinical case of neem poisoning in a 73-year-old man who presented with vomiting, convulsions, metabolic acidosis and toxic encephalopathy after ingesting 20 ml of neem.
In adults we find only these two cases. In children there are several cases of neem oil poisoning that cause vomiting, liver toxicity, metabolic acidosis and encephalopathy.
It must be said that these pesticides report a label made for fruits and vegetables that is washed before consumption and that is eaten... not smoked.
In short, I would stick to common sense using it only during the vegetative phase...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3841499/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...IN%20poisoning
https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/aih...18-69-3111.xml

Last edited by Efesto; 08-23-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day Shantibaba

What references does this guy make to actual data ?

Tells a big story with no proof .

I thought you were a scientist Shantibaba .where is the proofs ?
Poor form to post unproven info . Especially as you know people hang on every word you say .

Looks to me to be a precis of the cannabinoid hyperremsis thread from International Cannagraphic Forum .

No hard evidence .

from trhe linked -link .
[QUOTE] Allen said the illness was reasonably rare, affecting perhaps 1% of chronic users. “But some people are very sensitive to Cannabis”. He said further research was needed to test this. In January 2013, Dr Allen presented a Submission to the New South Wales’ Government ‘Inquiry Into Use of Cannabis for Medical Purposes’, on behalf of the Mt Barker South Surgery. Dr’s Allen and Heddle wrote to remind government of their purported syndrome (having presented no further research on the subject).

Thanks for sharin

EB .[/QUOTE]

Hey EB.
I'm not sure the article tries to prove anything. He says he thinks that the syndrome is a myth, and is just neem. toxicity.
I don't think he is trying to prove it beyond doubt.
It appears the suggested syndrome itself is doubtful.
An interesting point of view, even without irrefutable proof.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad the Inhaler View Post
[/B][/SIZE]

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Hey EB.
I'm not sure the article tries to prove anything. He says he thinks that the syndrome is a myth, and is just neem. toxicity.
I don't think he is trying to prove it beyond doubt.
It appears the suggested syndrome itself is doubtful.
An interesting point of view, even without irrefutable proof.[/QUOTE]

G `day VTI

Well after a little investigation I find like I guessed this is from a person who was a member of International Cannagraphic Magazine Forum . Handle ; the clean game .

I told him years ago I didn`t believe him .

Azadaractin in Dabs is not what the majority smoke anyway .

Goes further to say he believes its related to Helicobacter Pylori stomach infections and stomach ulcers .
Science is about disproving things by methodology. Not listening to random people on the internets ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 08-23-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:24 PM

Meh. A lot of over-hyped BS if you ask me. The facts...

To start, there are ZERO known cases of fatalities in the US from Neem or Azadirachtin. Only ONE case has ever been been reported for neem poisoning, and that guy DRANK about 4 oz of raw neem oil thinking it was salad oil. He was in the hospital for observation overnight, and then he went home. That's it.

In Oregon, California and Washington state, Azadirachtin is allowed in commercial Cannabis cultivation, and has been for MANY MANY years. It is also a common pesticide used in organic farming of all kinds of produce in the US. If this hysterical nonsense were actually true, everyone buying commercial weed and organic produce in the US would be getting sick. Hospitals would be overflowing. But they are not. Why? Because this is pure and simple bullshit.

Also this ONLY applies to raw neem oil with Azadirachtin, and Azadirachtin refined from neem (ie. AzaMax). It does NOT apply to refined neem oil, which has the aza removed and comprises the vast majority of neem oil sold in the US. But they hype it anyway. AzaMax was pulled from the shelves here earlier this year, but only because it had residue of OTHER pesticides in it other than Azadirachtin.

Also in regards to why Neem oil is not sold in Canada and Oz, that is because those bass akwards nations require that any product claiming to be a pesticide or miticide must be rigorously tested and proven to be effective before it can be sold there. Even though everyone knows that it actually works. Since it is a generic oil made from pressing neem seeds, no one company can patent it, so no company is going to pay to have it tested just so that they can sell it. The same has happened to agricultural mineral oil in Canada where it can no longer be sold as such, for the exact same reason. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH (so called) Azadirachtin POISONONG. ZERO.

Azadirachtin will break down in about 100 hours. You can look at the Cornell University FACTS and research results on Azadirachtin here:

Azadirachtin

But the hype continues. Fake news, people. Fake news. Its all hyped up over on IcRag. Carry on...

Last edited by Big Sur; 08-23-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:49 PM

I know someone who suffered from that illness. They changed their sources and the illness disappeared.

I don't know if it was something else in the bud or if some sort of neem product is sold here in Canada.

The hydroponics shops used to be known for selling banned stuff. Not sure if they operate like that anymore.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:20 AM

Neem is sold in this silly backass nation...

Last edited by Growstone; 08-24-2018 at 06:13 AM.