MNS Forums

MNS Forums (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/)
-   3. The daily news (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-news/)
-   -   Sam The Skunkman finally admitted to working with GMO marijuana. (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-news/16194-sam-skunkman-finally-admitted-working-gmo-marijuana.html)

bluntmassa 12-01-2017 12:04 AM

Sam The Skunkman finally admitted to working with GMO marijuana.

QUOTE=Sam_Skunkman;8125709]In general I oppose GMO crops, they may or not be safe but I hate they way it is used to create varieties that are resistant to Roundup and the like.
CRISPR is different in that no foreign DNA is inserted, it is a tool to edit the genes, and does really the same as breeding but with much more rapid results, as the same alterations will occur in nature or in classical breeding at a much slower rate. CRISPR tech can be considered organic by some groups and not by others. The USDA and various Organic Associations around the world seem to differ on opinions. It can be used to reduce dependence on pesticides, and fungicides, that is good.
CRISPR tech does not require the same disclosure as GMO crops with inserted foreign genes in them, CRISPR can be done with Cannabis and no one could tell the difference between a plant breed using classical breeding and a CRISPR modified plant, so it will happen, but to use the tech it is expensive and also proprietary tech but the savings in time, labor and money using it compared to classical breeding will ensure it is widely use in the near future.
-SamS[/QUOTE]

I've known for a while GW Pharmacuticals was working in partnership with Veritas Pharma Inc. which is the first company to patent a marijuana plant most likely it would be a GMO plant. The company does have an investors statement in which they admit to working to genetically engineer marijuana.

But now Sam is speaking of GMO marijuana that he claimed nobody was working on when I knew it was 100% being worked on thanks to Chimeras work as head breeder with Veritas Pharma Inc. :D

Jaze 12-01-2017 06:31 AM

its times to make my own seeds and stay away from cannabis biz, all this shit is scaring. Chimera seeds are just reworked nevil 'genetic and some north america indicas, nothing new and the price is not so low so not for me thanks, sam the skunkman can keep all his haze hybrids f1 strains too, no CRISPR for me thanks.

Thierry 12-01-2017 10:23 AM

We are working AGAINST nature. CRISPR or not, what are we hoping to achieve?
Faster, stronger, better? Everything needs it's time and this is not set by us but our maker: Nature.

The more we are trying to improve, the more we will fail.

Stay relaxed. We understand nothing.

PlantManBee 12-01-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaze (Post 228696)
its times to make my own seeds and stay away from cannabis biz, all this shit is scaring. Chimera seeds are just reworked nevil 'genetic and some north america indicas, nothing new and the price is not so low so not for me thanks, sam the skunkman can keep all his haze hybrids f1 strains too, no CRISPR for me thanks.

Chimera's seeds have very little in common with Neville's. They are pretty far removed with
the possible exception of a line or two. Especially when compared to many Dutch companies.

CRISPR only uses genes from within the organism if I understand correctly. That is way different than the GMOs that splice rat DNA into tomato DNA. Still a concern but not in the league of creating true chimeras, part fish and part monkey like.

Blunt one you seem like John Oliver and his Drumph "gotcha" gag.

Jaze 12-01-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantManBee (Post 228705)
Chimera's seeds have very little in common with Neville's. They are pretty far removed with
the possible exception of a line or two. Especially when compared to many Dutch companies.

CRISPR only uses genes from within the organism if I understand correctly. That is way different than the GMOs that splice rat DNA into tomato DNA. Still a concern but not in the league of creating true chimeras, part fish and part monkey like.

maybe im wrong but except dj short genetics (and its overpriced overrated genectics IMO) i was thinking canadian genetics were the result of dutch seeds companies and to me chimera seeds is the result of this, maybe he crossed recently some well known clones only but again, chem, piff, jack, sweet skunk comes all from nevil's strains or sensiseeds which is basicly the same thing.

i will read what is precisly CRISPR but honestly i find sam the skunkman to be a shady person and a know it all, i created everything man like. i should give him credit where its due he sells pure haze seeds and skunk seeds to nevil but one thing is clear to me, in the modern history of cannabis, its not him who bred and share all the well known high quality skunk hybrids and haze hybrids strains we all know ( great white shark, superskunk, early skunk, skunk haze, nevils haze, super silver haze...) and its not him who share the medicinal CBD enriched strains or low THC strains we see at CBD crew now. he bred many strains as i understand and he has some almost pure CBD, pure CBG and pure CBC separate strains bred thru selfing but he never released them to the public. who he choose to sell his seeds ? us the growers ? no, he choose a pharmacetical company GW pharmaceutical. to me it tells a lot.
I have some real trouble to understand the man was a hippie travelling in afghanistan, india, nepal in the 70's. im surprised he's not already working with the israelies... my 2 cents my friends

musashi 12-01-2017 04:29 PM

It’s not about the money, right? /s

Shaka
M

bluntmassa 12-01-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantManBee (Post 228705)

https://www.livescience.com/60747-cr...t-piglets.html

If you read this article they speak of CRISPR and they call it GMO so you can try to tell me it's not all you like. You can't breed a low fat pig overnight like the Chinese did, well I'm sure it took some time but not several years.

I honestly don't give a damn who wants to grow GMO weed just thought people would like to see that it's truly happening. Of course I knew it was happening I've proved it before just Sam and Chimera always denied having any knowledge it was being done.

I could careless what Chimera has for seeds too it's all clone only's crossed to Jack and before that it was a mixture of DJ Short pollen chucked on clone only's. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm not going to stay silent about big pharma trying to control the marijuana industry.

bluntmassa 12-01-2017 06:58 PM

I also know many many people have came to the conclusion Sam The Skunkman has been a DEA informant since before he met Nevil and Nevil never denied it only confirmed it.

Also the DNA database Sam collected is going to be a tool for the DEA. I certainly have not seen anything nice from the DNA (mapping) though might help with GMO's. For a plant to obtain a patent it must be either GMO or true breeding as far as I understand.

PlantManBee 12-01-2017 07:09 PM

A ship load of conflation going on here in my OPINION.

I'm not really happy about CRISPR, but it works WITHIN the existing genome. GMO tends to refer to "Chimeras" created through inserting genetic material from completely different organisms. Like when crops have Bacillus thuringiensis genetic material introduced into their genome.

In theory, everything that can be accomplished through CRISPR could be accomplished through breeding. Not so with GMO. Both are suspect, but they are not the same thing.

As for Sam.... I hate to prejudge. Which is where prejudice comes from. Don't like Sam, that is fine. Just because he is suspect doesn't mean he can't have valuable ideas. Hell, HE is largely responsible for the upstream genetics for Neville. I see people scrambling to pin down Neville's lines every day. Like he created them out of thin air.

I would personally prefer male/female matings and testing. People are being taught that waiting and patience are for fools. I will continue my chopping wood and carrying water, the old way.

bluntmassa 12-01-2017 10:17 PM

Well Nevil certainly didn't create them all himself Sam did come out with Skunk, but after the Sacred Seeds bust which was a collective of seed breeders since the 1930's I believe it was... He did bring about a good amount of strains sure but I think he did more harm than good to this day with his partnership with GW Pharmacuticals.

Really the only reason I'm against medical marijuana. As we see in recent news the first person dead from cannabis a 11 month old who ate some edibles. Not like the baby couldn't have fell out of a window do to shitty parents.

Then in VT a man killed 5 teenagers from driving under the influence of marijuana. That was the headline but the article went on to say that man also had fentanyl and some Barbiturate in his system.

Certainly not a coincidence for those who want to keep marijuana a highly controlled substance. No way would anyone in the cannabis industry conspire against us. LMAO

We have seen the Dutch fight over creations like Blueberry hustle that their AK-47 or Kali Mist is unique. Why oh why would nobody conspire against majority of the seed industry in favor of their GW Pharmacuticals?? Especially when everyone knows Sam is a rat?

bluntmassa 12-01-2017 10:22 PM

Doctors Geoffrey Guy and Brian Whittle founded GW Pharmaceuticals in 1998. That year they obtained a cultivation license from the United Kingdom Home Office and the MHRA, allowing GW Pharmaceuticals to cultivate cannabis from seeds and clones to conduct scientific research concerning the medicinal uses of the plant.[7][8]

HortaPharm Edit
In July 1998, GW Pharmaceuticals collaborated with HortaPharm B.V., a cannabis research and development corporation based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands,[9] founded by two expert horticulturists from California,[10] Robert Connell Clarke[11] and David Paul Watson, also known as 'Sam the Skunkman'. [12] HortaPharm grew medicinal strains for the Dutch government.[13][14] [15] [16]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GW_Pharmaceuticals

PlantManBee 12-01-2017 11:04 PM

The Sam rat thing..... If you weren't there, it's hearsay.

Currently I am tired of the public in general just filling in the blanks after the "if" in today's accusation equals guilty environment.

Many people I respect respect him. I withhold judgement. This is all pretty funny because I actually had Sam basically begging me to side with him in one of the many "he said she said" arguments over on ICM. I won't. Too many conflicting reports. It becomes a popularity contest instead of measured analysis.

Glow 12-01-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluntmassa (Post 228715)
I also know many many people have came to the conclusion Sam The Skunkman has been a DEA informant since before he met Nevil and Nevil never denied it only confirmed it.

Also the DNA database Sam collected is going to be a tool for the DEA. I certainly have not seen anything nice from the DNA (mapping) though might help with GMO's. For a plant to obtain a patent it must be either GMO or true breeding as far as I understand.

Yep a lot of people with cred think Sam is a DEA narc. Let's face it the guy does a runner from the US after the Sacred Seed Collective gets taken down. Somehow though Sam manages to grab the seed while it is under DEA watch. He then shows in NL and the busts begin. The corker though is he is/was the first and only person to be given DEA approval to export his seeds to the US. Go figure!

PlantManBee 12-02-2017 01:21 AM

lol. I should just be saying, it pays to separate the message from the messenger at times.

I should have realized this was Sam Slammin thread from the outset. :D

Elmer Bud 12-02-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glow (Post 228721)
Yep a lot of people with cred think Sam is a DEA narc. Let's face it the guy does a runner from the US after the Sacred Seed Collective gets taken down. Somehow though Sam manages to grab the seed while it is under DEA watch. He then shows in NL and the busts begin. The corker though is he is/was the first and only person to be given DEA approval to export his seeds to the US. Go figure!

G `day Glow

How about Santy Clause and the Easter Bunny ?

They are about as credible as the sacred seeds bust story .
Show me the hard evidence before the hear say ?

You think a Narc could survive 30 years in Amsterdam ???

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Growstone 12-02-2017 10:30 PM

Could a narc survive? yes I believe one could. This and every thread on the subject should show you how.. your attitude shows us how.. most won't cut off somebody on unfounded rumours.. some will still want beneficial product/information no matter who or where it comes from.. dea aren't going to come out and give everybody the proof either way in our lifetime, so unless Sam himself said he was, it'll forever be a rumour. Maybe dea stuff becomes public record in 200 years? Idk.. that said,I'm that minority that'll just keep away once the rumour hits, no point making shit easy for them and what am I missing out on? Nothing... and nothing that I can't get elsewhere..

blackberry 12-03-2017 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantManBee (Post 228716)
A ship load of conflation going on here in my OPINION.

I'm not really happy about CRISPR, but it works WITHIN the existing genome. GMO tends to refer to "Chimeras" created through inserting genetic material from completely different organisms. Like when crops have Bacillus thuringiensis genetic material introduced into their genome.

In theory, everything that can be accomplished through CRISPR could be accomplished through breeding. Not so with GMO. Both are suspect, but they are not the same thing.

As for Sam.... I hate to prejudge. Which is where prejudice comes from. Don't like Sam, that is fine. Just because he is suspect doesn't mean he can't have valuable ideas. Hell, HE is largely responsible for the upstream genetics for Neville. I see people scrambling to pin down Neville's lines every day. Like he created them out of thin air.

I would personally prefer male/female matings and testing. People are being taught that waiting and patience are for fools. I will continue my chopping wood and carrying water, the old way.

Two things:
First CRISP can introduce outside genes in a organism (making what you call a chimera).
Second where are the outstanding lines that Sam the Skunkman brings? Whem you see, for example, the best sativa in the leafly catalog you will see a lot of SSH crosses. Where are the Sam hazes?

PlantManBee 12-03-2017 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackberry (Post 228735)
Two things:
First CRISP can introduce outside genes in a organism (making what you call a chimera).
Second where are the outstanding lines that Sam the Skunkman brings? Whem you see, for example, the best sativa in the leafly catalog you will see a lot of SSH crosses. Where are the Sam hazes?

CRISPR works within the organism's existing genome.
Haze a and c. Neville popped seeds supplied by Sam.

Big Sur 12-03-2017 06:54 AM

My issues with David Watson (AKA: Sam the Skunkman, Dr Frankenbeanstein, Sam Selezney, etc. etc.) is that he was supplied the seeds from the DEA busts in California and made a fortune off of them. He also took full credit for developing many of those strains; Cali-O and Skunk, among others. He also claims to have founded Sacred Seeds in 1974, which is a flat out lie. It was established in the late 1930s or early 1940s. He was never the manager there, or head breeder. He was a hanger outer there. Also everyone around him in Santa Cruz and later in Amsterdam wound up getting busted and doing jail time, while he walked every time. Never mind that his arrest record from the Sacred Seeds bust has been mysteriously redacted or removed at the Santa Cruz sheriff's office, even though the earlier Dutch investigation uncovered it's existence earlier with dates and specifics.

While it is true that Watson wound up injecting genetics into the global weed scene, albeit indirectly for rather sinister reasons set up by the DEA, they were not developed by him, at least not in California. I do not know what he did with the seeds in Amsterdam, but I know a lot about what was going on here in the US west, and particularly the Monterey Bay area at that time. Skunk weed was all over the place in the late 1970s. No way one grower developed it or grew it. Cali-O was developed by Jerry Beisler. Also the Haze Bros are a retro-lie that he made up for High Times. They were not brothers, and they were not named Haze. There was no Haze strain around there before 1986 that I am aware of either, nor has anyone else that I knew there heard of it. I lived in the Monterey Bay area from 1966 to 1986, then in Los Gatos and the San Jose area from 1993 to 2003.

As for his GMO stuff, he still denies that he has anything to do with them. He says that he is 'retired' now, obviously fat and living off his profits from the sales of his companies. He also seems to be immune to DEA prosecution, and his arrest record has been wiped clean. He told me that he had over a metric ton of seeds. I dunno what he is going to do with them all. Amusing too, if you post anything negative about him a lot of places online, there are usually instant doubters and supporters of him. Some are obviously him with yet more aliases. I had one person pop up and tell me that I had to be born there to know anyone like the Haze Bros. in Correlitos. Pffft... I knew a LOT of heavies in Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Prunedale, Salinas, Monterey, Big Sur and Santa Cruz in the 70s and 80s. They (and I) were dealing a LOT of weed and other stuff. Big Sur and Prunedale were pretty closed communities, but if you had good weed? Same in Santa Cruz, like at the Old Sash Mill. I got the band Crazy Horse so stoned one night they had to stop playing. That was in 1978 when I had a bag of fresh bud from Carmel Valley, grown from seeds that I had supplied a friend. Niel Young got really pissed and stomped off, as was typical. He was mad that no one was dancing that night anyway.

The shit I stirred up back then. Meh, no one cares any more. Certainly not the millennials. History has been re-written and is vastly different than the era that I lived in.

blackberry 12-03-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantManBee (Post 228737)
CRISPR works within the organism's existing genome.
Haze a and c. Neville popped seeds supplied by Sam.

You can use CRISP to put a exogenous gene in a existing DNA.
People try not to do that so the plant does not need to be called GMO.
Having good genetics and knowing how to use this genetics are two different things.

PlantManBee 12-03-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackberry (Post 228741)
You can use CRISP to put a exogenous gene in a existing DNA.
People try not to do that so the plant does not need to be called GMO.
Having good genetics and knowing how to use this genetics are two different things.

You would be more convincing if you knew what it's called. I am done with the nonsense aspect.

EDIT: CRISPR could be used in combination with other gene splicing technologies. But on it's own, it operates within the genome of the selected organism.

https://www.popsci.com/new-crispr-va...-dna-to-plants

bluntmassa 12-03-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer Bud (Post 228729)
G `day Glow

Thanks for sharin

EB .

A Narc became the biggest baddest mother fucker in the Mexican cartels El Chapo. The Dutch have nothing on the Mexican cartels so yes it's most certainly possible.

blackberry 12-03-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantManBee (Post 228744)
You would be more convincing if you knew what it's called. I am done with the nonsense aspect.

EDIT: CRISPR could be used in combination with other gene splicing technologies. But on it's own, it operates within the genome of the selected organism.

https://www.popsci.com/new-crispr-va...-dna-to-plants

https://ensia.com/voices/crispr-is-c...rs-and-nature/

"However, for all the attention to precise edits that do not introduce foreign genes, it’s important to understand that CRISPR is highly adept at that kind of modification too. Using CRISPR, wheat, corn, pigs, bananas — any agricultural organism, really — could be engineered to include gene sequences from a range of donors: microbes or fungi or fish. “You can easily use CRISPR-Cas9 to edit virtually any genome with your desired donor DNA,” "

Yeah, it is the lack of an R that make my post desinformative.

PlantManBee 12-03-2017 06:14 PM

Using the correct terminology is pretty crucial in the science world, yes.

Again, CRISPR is designed to work within the genome. You could introduce other genetic material prior to using CRISPR, but it's not CRISPR introducing the genes.

skubee 12-03-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sur (Post 228739)
My issues with David Watson (AKA: Sam the Skunkman, Dr Frankenbeanstein, Sam Selezney, etc. etc.) is that he was supplied the seeds from the DEA busts in California and made a fortune off of them. He also took full credit for developing many of those strains; Cali-O and Skunk, among others. He also claims to have founded Sacred Seeds in 1974, which is a flat out lie. It was established in the late 1930s or early 1940s. He was never the manager there, or head breeder. He was a hanger outer there. Also everyone around him in Santa Cruz and later in Amsterdam wound up getting busted and doing jail time, while he walked every time. Never mind that his arrest record from the Sacred Seeds bust has been mysteriously redacted or removed at the Santa Cruz sheriff's office, even though the earlier Dutch investigation uncovered it's existence earlier with dates and specifics.

While it is true that Watson wound up injecting genetics into the global weed scene, albeit indirectly for rather sinister reasons set up by the DEA, they were not developed by him, at least not in California. I do not know what he did with the seeds in Amsterdam, but I know a lot about what was going on here in the US west, and particularly the Monterey Bay area at that time. Skunk weed was all over the place in the late 1970s. No way one grower developed it or grew it. Cali-O was developed by Jerry Beisler. Also the Haze Bros are a retro-lie that he made up for High Times. They were not brothers, and they were not named Haze. There was no Haze strain around there before 1986 that I am aware of either, nor has anyone else that I knew there heard of it. I lived in the Monterey Bay area from 1966 to 1986, then in Los Gatos and the San Jose area from 1993 to 2003.

As for his GMO stuff, he still denies that he has anything to do with them. He says that he is 'retired' now, obviously fat and living off his profits from the sales of his companies. He also seems to be immune to DEA prosecution, and his arrest record has been wiped clean. He told me that he had over a metric ton of seeds. I dunno what he is going to do with them all. Amusing too, if you post anything negative about him a lot of places online, there are usually instant doubters and supporters of him. Some are obviously him with yet more aliases. I had one person pop up and tell me that I had to be born there to know anyone like the Haze Bros. in Correlitos. Pffft... I knew a LOT of heavies in Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Prunedale, Salinas, Monterey, Big Sur and Santa Cruz in the 70s and 80s. They (and I) were dealing a LOT of weed and other stuff. Big Sur and Prunedale were pretty closed communities, but if you had good weed? Same in Santa Cruz, like at the Old Sash Mill. I got the band Crazy Horse so stoned one night they had to stop playing. That was in 1978 when I had a bag of fresh bud from Carmel Valley, grown from seeds that I had supplied a friend. Niel Young got really pissed and stomped off, as was typical. He was mad that no one was dancing that night anyway.

The shit I stirred up back then. Meh, no one cares any more. Certainly not the millennials. History has been re-written and is vastly different than the era that I lived in.

would love to read your stories of your youth.

blackberry 12-03-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantManBee (Post 228750)
Using the correct terminology is pretty crucial in the science world, yes.

Again, CRISPR is designed to work within the genome. You could introduce other genetic material prior to using CRISPR, but it's not CRISPR introducing the genes.

You cut the place with CRISPR Cas9 and if the correct piece of donor DNA is present it can be integrated in the cut sequence by the cell itself.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4881549/

So yes, you can use CRISPR/CAS9 to introduce exogenous genes.

PlantManBee 12-03-2017 08:27 PM

Lol.

I give up. You are still conflating the technologies. CRISPR doesn't introduce the foreign genes. :cool:

Elmer Bud 12-03-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluntmassa (Post 228692)
QUOTE=Sam_Skunkman;8125709]In general I oppose GMO crops, they may or not be safe but I hate they way it is used to create varieties that are resistant to Roundup and the like.
CRISPR is different in that no foreign DNA is inserted, it is a tool to edit the genes, and does really the same as breeding but with much more rapid results, as the same alterations will occur in nature or in classical breeding at a much slower rate. CRISPR tech can be considered organic by some groups and not by others. The USDA and various Organic Associations around the world seem to differ on opinions. It can be used to reduce dependence on pesticides, and fungicides, that is good.
CRISPR tech does not require the same disclosure as GMO crops with inserted foreign genes in them, CRISPR can be done with Cannabis and no one could tell the difference between a plant breed using classical breeding and a CRISPR modified plant, so it will happen, but to use the tech it is expensive and also proprietary tech but the savings in time, labor and money using it compared to classical breeding will ensure it is widely use in the near future.
-SamS

Quote:

I've known for a while GW Pharmacuticals was working in partnership with Veritas Pharma Inc. which is the first company to patent a marijuana plant most likely it would be a GMO plant. The company does have an investors statement in which they admit to working to genetically engineer marijuana.

But now Sam is speaking of GMO marijuana that he claimed nobody was working on when I knew it was 100% being worked on thanks to Chimeras work as head breeder with Veritas Pharma Inc. :D
G `day Blunt

Here`s is what he said in reply to questions about GMO .

Never worked or wanted to work with GMO Cannabis, period. I have never worked or ever plan to work with CRISPR, I am all but retired there is no chance I will do this even if I did want to, which I do not. I am a classical plant breeder.
I do find it interesting as a methodology under certain circumstances.
There are several other lesser know Cannabis breeders that understand the big picture and have the starting materials to accomplish big goals, in the future more and more of them will be Phd educated plant breeders that have a deep understand of genetics, and Cannabis. I have mentored a few the last decade or two.
We all stand on the shoulders of giants, from Mendel, Burbank, Vavilov, Bocsa, Bredemann, Von Segenbuch, Fleischmann, and too many others to name.
-SamS

Spreading disinformation like a Boss .
Are you employed by a Gov agency ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

blackberry 12-03-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantManBee (Post 228754)
Lol.

I give up. You are still conflating the technologies. CRISPR doesn't introduce the foreign genes. :cool:

"Now going into more detail, there are two mechanisms which can occur after a DNA double strand is cleaved. Both are part of the endogenous DNA repair machinery and depend on the presence of an adequate homology repair template (see Fig. 1):

A) Non-homologous end-joining (NHEJ) happens in the absence of an exogenous homology repair template and can introduce insertions or deletions (indels) eventually leading to frameshift mutations or gene knockouts.

B) Homology-directed repair (HDR) happens if an exogenous repair template (for example, a manipulated gene) is available and can be inserted into the opened DNA strand by the repair machinery producing a precise gene modification."
https://www.leica-microsystems.com/s...e-engineering/

If you are saying that you can use CRISPR without introducing new genes that is true, but you can use CRISPR to cleave the DNA and the own cell will use their own system to put the donor gene sequence that you want. Both things can be done with CRISPR.

Glow 12-03-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

G `day Glow

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Don't know what world you live in champ but the simple answer to that is yes - narcs survive and prosper all the time. And really on the Sacred Seeds bust --- perhaps you ought to be speaking to people who were on the ground at the time such as Joseph R. Pietri and Neville. Like I said many people with cred think the skunkman stinks. Like I also said do the math.

blackberry 12-03-2017 09:04 PM

https://ensia.com/notable/how-crispr-works/
"Less often emphasized is that CRISPR can also be used to add new genes or parts thereof. The key here is understanding what happens after Cas9 makes its cuts.

Genome editing with site-specific nucleases
A Cas9-caused break in DNA can be repaired in four different ways, two of which open the door to inserting a new gene of choice. Image courtesy of Elsevier

The cell’s DNA repair machinery typically takes over in one of two different modes. In the first mode (called “non-homologous end joining,” or NHEJ), it usually glues the two pieces back together, but imperfectly, deactivating the gene (see “a” above). Such “gene knockouts” don’t involve any foreign DNA but can eliminate traits that affect food quality, confer susceptibility to diseases or divert energy away from valuable end products such as grain or fruit. Occasionally, say researchers, this pathway may leave a DNA cut with “sticky ends,” enabling foreign genes of interest to be directly spliced in (b) — a double-stranded DNA insertion somewhat akin to “old-fashioned” genetic engineering.

A second kind of repair (called “homology-directed repair” or “homologous recombination” — HR) is much less common but far more accurate. In HR, the cut ends aren’t just jammed back together; the cell machinery copies a nearby piece of DNA to fix the damaged sequence. By providing a DNA snippet of their choice, scientists can induce the cell to fill in any desired sequence, from a small mutation (c) to a whole new gene (d). This HR pathway, says Fuguo Jiang, a postdoctoral fellow in Doudna’s lab, is not yet fully understood. But, as this illustration shows, it involves a meticulous process of one strand of donor DNA being stitched into the host gene, providing the template for cellular repair."

This is easier to understand

Elmer Bud 12-04-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glow (Post 228757)
Don't know what world you live in champ but the simple answer to that is yes - narcs survive and prosper all the time. And really on the Sacred Seeds bust --- perhaps you ought to be speaking to people who were on the ground at the time such as Joseph R. Pietri and Neville. Like I said many people with cred think the skunkman stinks. Like I also said do the math.

G `day Glow

Joe Petrie is a psychopath and a compulsive liar .
Old mate at Treating Yourself Magazine had to make a public apology after publishing Joe The King of Nepal Petri `s lies .

Quote:

Sorry Skunk Man
I have to say there is NO TRUTH to him ever selling any feminized genetics nor is he a DEA agent / informant. I would personally like to apologize to him for publishing the article by Joe Pietri. I also would like to thank him for showing me that Joe Pietri stated in his book King of Nepal ( Pg. 53) that he himself worked with the DEA to get someone he worked with busted with 500 kilos of hash. Now isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?

I have come to realize that Joe Pietri is nothing but an angry old man who is jealous of others.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-...s-apology.html

Joe Petri narced his own crew . Not a great source of information .

Re Nevil . He says Sam and Rob wanted to DNA test his strains and give the results to the Australian Federal Police .
One question re . How the fck were they going to map DNA . When back in the 80s there was no such thing ?

And about the maths ? What formula should I use to solve the equation ? lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Growstone 12-04-2017 02:04 AM

Yes there was..

Glow 12-04-2017 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer Bud (Post 228759)
G `day Glow

Joe Petrie is a psychopath and a compulsive liar .
Old mate at Treating Yourself Magazine had to make a public apology after publishing Joe The King of Nepal Petri `s lies .

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-...s-apology.html

Joe Petri narced his own crew . Not a great source of information .

Re Nevil . He says Sam and Rob wanted to DNA test his strains and give the results to the Australian Federal Police .
One question re . How the fck were they going to map DNA . When back in the 80s there was no such thing ?

And about the maths ? What formula should I use to solve the equation ? lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Yeah like all dogs Sam spread some malicious rumours to counter the allegations levelled at him by Petri. At a cannabis cup Sam put up wanted posters of Petri and talked tough. Petri showed wanting to give Sam a good kicking and called him out. Sam was nowhere to be seen. Petri hung with heavy 'mob' so safe to say that those close to him knew he wasn't a dog or he'd be long dead. Either way EB you know what they say, hang with dogs and catch fleas. Good luck with the 10 to 15-year itch.

bluntmassa 12-04-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer Bud (Post 228755)
G `day Blunt

Here`s is what he said in reply to questions about GMO .

Spreading disinformation like a Boss .
Are you employed by a Gov agency ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

LMAO, employed by a government agency? How would the government benefit from this thread at all? I'm not collecting personal information or creating a DNA database on any growers or genetics not even Sam though I have seen a video with him in it so I do know what he looks like. :D Not sure if Sam is collecting personal information on growers of course, but he can just like Marc Emery did and even threatened to use it against his own customers. I can find that again if you would like.

Most of what I say is backed up. I don't believe I ever said Sam was personally creating GMO marijuana but Veritas Pharma is working in collaboration with GW Pharmaceuticals.

Quote:

.• Examples of plant cultivar protection include:
– Plant Breeders’ Rights Act in Canada1
– Patent Act protection for fully described and validated new uses of
specific cultivars for specific medical conditions, especially for those
strains previously recognized as being effective, or with new strains
of cannabis obtained by genetic engineering2

• Expanding IP strategy to world-wide patents
The full PDF file is available here under Veritas investors presentation.

Investor Presentation - Veritas Pharma Inc

Looks like it's been updated too so I'm going to have to skim through it again.

bluntmassa 12-04-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

G `day Glow

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Quote:

. First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person. I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination.

Marc Emery - Moderator
Marc cuaght in avalanche?? news at 11...

Of course he did delete the original thread on his forum.

To answer your question yet again a Narc can very easily make his way to the top of the cannabis industry while majority of the people remain ignorant of the harsh reality, including yourself who seems like you might know a little more about cannabis than me at least the origins of strains from Nevil, Sam, etc.

But as an American I have seen first hand what the DEA is all about. They don't want the guys on top they want as many small fish as possible. If they did take down all the big fish they would have a hell of a time making busts.

You can say we can't prove Sam and Marc Emery are rats, it's true. But we do have a hell of a lot of evidence that they are.

Thanks for sharin. :D

Elmer Bud 12-04-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluntmassa (Post 228769)

To answer your question yet again a Narc can very easily make his way to the top of the cannabis industry while majority of the people remain ignorant of the harsh reality, including yourself who seems like you might know a little more about cannabis than me at least the origins of strains from Nevil, Sam, etc.

But as an American I have seen first hand what the DEA is all about. They don't want the guys on top they want as many small fish as possible. If they did take down all the big fish they would have a hell of a time making busts.

You can say we can't prove Sam and Marc Emery are rats, it's true. But we do have a hell of a lot of evidence that they are.

G `day Blunt

This thread is about your accusations re SK Man and GMO .
And I posted the punchline to your click bait .
Nothing to do with Marc Emery .

A fallacy is an argument or belief based on erroneous reasoning. Straw man is one type of logical fallacy. Straw man occurs when someone argues that a person holds a view that is actually not what the other person believes. Instead, it is a distorted version of what the person believes.

There are plenty of people employed on good salaries by the US Gov to spread disinformation and create confusion . You do it for free ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Big Sur 12-05-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skubee (Post 228752)
would love to read your stories of your youth.

I have written a lot about my wild days being stoned in NorCal in the 70s and 80s. I was basically a stoner hippie from 1972 through 1986. The Viet Nam War, the race and anti-war riots, Monterey Pop (before my stoner days, but I was there), SDS/The Weather Underground, the weed scene, other drugs, motorcycle gangs, Telegraph Ave in Berzerkley, Mexico trips, Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters at Asilomar and in Eugene, Big Sur as a hippie Mecca, Days on the Green rock concerts, Cannery Row, The Warlocks/Grateful Dead, Santa Cruz, The Kinks, Crazy Horse, Clint Eastwood, yadda yadda. But then there are always these 'experts' that always claim that what actually happened did not happen, as has been posted on this thread. Also many of the things I did many people just do not believe. We were immortal in those days and my brother and I took things to the edge. The heavies that we thought were dangerous told us many years later that they thought that we were the dangerous ones. I guess we were radicals, but it did not feel like it at the time. We were just going with the flow, and amplifying it.

Big Sur 12-05-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluntmassa (Post 228745)
A Narc became the biggest baddest mother fucker in the Mexican cartels El Chapo. The Dutch have nothing on the Mexican cartels so yes it's most certainly possible.

Do not forget about Noriega being a rat for the DEA in Panama long before El Chapo:

Noriega Gave DEA Limited Aid for 5 Years, Officials Say : Drugs: Ex-Panamanian dictator took part in a secret operation, sources acknowledge. Disclosures could help the defense in the Miami narcotics trial. - latimes

Glow 12-06-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluntmassa (Post 228769)

Don't know anything about Emery threatening to grass his customers but I do know people who know Emery very well and have dealt with him. He def isn't a grass because my pals are the types he would have grassed to get a deal and not one of them has said anything about Emery being a narc. The dude is a rip off merchant and has pedophilic leanings though:-) That much is certain and the stuff of legends. Thing is the whole drug war has always been a case of the most ruthless climbing over a pile of bodies to get to the top. Very few of those that did get to the top didn't commit a few sins along the way. He who casts the first stone etc. :D