Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 09:04 PM

https://ensia.com/notable/how-crispr-works/
"Less often emphasized is that CRISPR can also be used to add new genes or parts thereof. The key here is understanding what happens after Cas9 makes its cuts.

Genome editing with site-specific nucleases
A Cas9-caused break in DNA can be repaired in four different ways, two of which open the door to inserting a new gene of choice. Image courtesy of Elsevier

The cell’s DNA repair machinery typically takes over in one of two different modes. In the first mode (called “non-homologous end joining,” or NHEJ), it usually glues the two pieces back together, but imperfectly, deactivating the gene (see “a” above). Such “gene knockouts” don’t involve any foreign DNA but can eliminate traits that affect food quality, confer susceptibility to diseases or divert energy away from valuable end products such as grain or fruit. Occasionally, say researchers, this pathway may leave a DNA cut with “sticky ends,” enabling foreign genes of interest to be directly spliced in (b) — a double-stranded DNA insertion somewhat akin to “old-fashioned” genetic engineering.

A second kind of repair (called “homology-directed repair” or “homologous recombination” — HR) is much less common but far more accurate. In HR, the cut ends aren’t just jammed back together; the cell machinery copies a nearby piece of DNA to fix the damaged sequence. By providing a DNA snippet of their choice, scientists can induce the cell to fill in any desired sequence, from a small mutation (c) to a whole new gene (d). This HR pathway, says Fuguo Jiang, a postdoctoral fellow in Doudna’s lab, is not yet fully understood. But, as this illustration shows, it involves a meticulous process of one strand of donor DNA being stitched into the host gene, providing the template for cellular repair."

This is easier to understand
Old 12-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
Don't know what world you live in champ but the simple answer to that is yes - narcs survive and prosper all the time. And really on the Sacred Seeds bust --- perhaps you ought to be speaking to people who were on the ground at the time such as Joseph R. Pietri and Neville. Like I said many people with cred think the skunkman stinks. Like I also said do the math.

G `day Glow

Joe Petrie is a psychopath and a compulsive liar .
Old mate at Treating Yourself Magazine had to make a public apology after publishing Joe The King of Nepal Petri `s lies .

Quote:
Sorry Skunk Man
I have to say there is NO TRUTH to him ever selling any feminized genetics nor is he a DEA agent / informant. I would personally like to apologize to him for publishing the article by Joe Pietri. I also would like to thank him for showing me that Joe Pietri stated in his book King of Nepal ( Pg. 53) that he himself worked with the DEA to get someone he worked with busted with 500 kilos of hash. Now isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?

I have come to realize that Joe Pietri is nothing but an angry old man who is jealous of others.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-...s-apology.html

Joe Petri narced his own crew . Not a great source of information .

Re Nevil . He says Sam and Rob wanted to DNA test his strains and give the results to the Australian Federal Police .
One question re . How the fck were they going to map DNA . When back in the 80s there was no such thing ?

And about the maths ? What formula should I use to solve the equation ? lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 12-04-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:04 AM

Yes there was..
Old 12-04-2017, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day Glow

Joe Petrie is a psychopath and a compulsive liar .
Old mate at Treating Yourself Magazine had to make a public apology after publishing Joe The King of Nepal Petri `s lies .

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-...s-apology.html

Joe Petri narced his own crew . Not a great source of information .

Re Nevil . He says Sam and Rob wanted to DNA test his strains and give the results to the Australian Federal Police .
One question re . How the fck were they going to map DNA . When back in the 80s there was no such thing ?

And about the maths ? What formula should I use to solve the equation ? lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Yeah like all dogs Sam spread some malicious rumours to counter the allegations levelled at him by Petri. At a cannabis cup Sam put up wanted posters of Petri and talked tough. Petri showed wanting to give Sam a good kicking and called him out. Sam was nowhere to be seen. Petri hung with heavy 'mob' so safe to say that those close to him knew he wasn't a dog or he'd be long dead. Either way EB you know what they say, hang with dogs and catch fleas. Good luck with the 10 to 15-year itch.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
G `day Blunt

Here`s is what he said in reply to questions about GMO .

Spreading disinformation like a Boss .
Are you employed by a Gov agency ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .
LMAO, employed by a government agency? How would the government benefit from this thread at all? I'm not collecting personal information or creating a DNA database on any growers or genetics not even Sam though I have seen a video with him in it so I do know what he looks like. Not sure if Sam is collecting personal information on growers of course, but he can just like Marc Emery did and even threatened to use it against his own customers. I can find that again if you would like.

Most of what I say is backed up. I don't believe I ever said Sam was personally creating GMO marijuana but Veritas Pharma is working in collaboration with GW Pharmaceuticals.

Quote:
.• Examples of plant cultivar protection include:
– Plant Breeders’ Rights Act in Canada1
– Patent Act protection for fully described and validated new uses of
specific cultivars for specific medical conditions, especially for those
strains previously recognized as being effective, or with new strains
of cannabis obtained by genetic engineering2

• Expanding IP strategy to world-wide patents
The full PDF file is available here under Veritas investors presentation.

Investor Presentation - Veritas Pharma Inc

Looks like it's been updated too so I'm going to have to skim through it again.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
G `day Glow

How about Santy Clause and the Easter Bunny ?

They are about as credible as the sacred seeds bust story .
Show me the hard evidence before the hear say ?

You think a Narc could survive 30 years in Amsterdam ???

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Quote:
. First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person. I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination.

Marc Emery - Moderator
Marc cuaght in avalanche?? news at 11...

Of course he did delete the original thread on his forum.

To answer your question yet again a Narc can very easily make his way to the top of the cannabis industry while majority of the people remain ignorant of the harsh reality, including yourself who seems like you might know a little more about cannabis than me at least the origins of strains from Nevil, Sam, etc.

But as an American I have seen first hand what the DEA is all about. They don't want the guys on top they want as many small fish as possible. If they did take down all the big fish they would have a hell of a time making busts.

You can say we can't prove Sam and Marc Emery are rats, it's true. But we do have a hell of a lot of evidence that they are.

Thanks for sharin.

Last edited by bluntmassa; 12-04-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntmassa View Post

To answer your question yet again a Narc can very easily make his way to the top of the cannabis industry while majority of the people remain ignorant of the harsh reality, including yourself who seems like you might know a little more about cannabis than me at least the origins of strains from Nevil, Sam, etc.

But as an American I have seen first hand what the DEA is all about. They don't want the guys on top they want as many small fish as possible. If they did take down all the big fish they would have a hell of a time making busts.

You can say we can't prove Sam and Marc Emery are rats, it's true. But we do have a hell of a lot of evidence that they are.

Thanks for sharin.
G `day Blunt

This thread is about your accusations re SK Man and GMO .
And I posted the punchline to your click bait .
Nothing to do with Marc Emery .

A fallacy is an argument or belief based on erroneous reasoning. Straw man is one type of logical fallacy. Straw man occurs when someone argues that a person holds a view that is actually not what the other person believes. Instead, it is a distorted version of what the person believes.

There are plenty of people employed on good salaries by the US Gov to spread disinformation and create confusion . You do it for free ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited by Elmer Bud; 12-05-2017 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubee View Post
would love to read your stories of your youth.
I have written a lot about my wild days being stoned in NorCal in the 70s and 80s. I was basically a stoner hippie from 1972 through 1986. The Viet Nam War, the race and anti-war riots, Monterey Pop (before my stoner days, but I was there), SDS/The Weather Underground, the weed scene, other drugs, motorcycle gangs, Telegraph Ave in Berzerkley, Mexico trips, Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters at Asilomar and in Eugene, Big Sur as a hippie Mecca, Days on the Green rock concerts, Cannery Row, The Warlocks/Grateful Dead, Santa Cruz, The Kinks, Crazy Horse, Clint Eastwood, yadda yadda. But then there are always these 'experts' that always claim that what actually happened did not happen, as has been posted on this thread. Also many of the things I did many people just do not believe. We were immortal in those days and my brother and I took things to the edge. The heavies that we thought were dangerous told us many years later that they thought that we were the dangerous ones. I guess we were radicals, but it did not feel like it at the time. We were just going with the flow, and amplifying it.

Last edited by Big Sur; 12-05-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
A Narc became the biggest baddest mother fucker in the Mexican cartels El Chapo. The Dutch have nothing on the Mexican cartels so yes it's most certainly possible.
Do not forget about Noriega being a rat for the DEA in Panama long before El Chapo:

Noriega Gave DEA Limited Aid for 5 Years, Officials Say : Drugs: Ex-Panamanian dictator took part in a secret operation, sources acknowledge. Disclosures could help the defense in the Miami narcotics trial. - latimes

Last edited by Big Sur; 12-05-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:

Thanks for sharin.
Don't know anything about Emery threatening to grass his customers but I do know people who know Emery very well and have dealt with him. He def isn't a grass because my pals are the types he would have grassed to get a deal and not one of them has said anything about Emery being a narc. The dude is a rip off merchant and has pedophilic leanings though:-) That much is certain and the stuff of legends. Thing is the whole drug war has always been a case of the most ruthless climbing over a pile of bodies to get to the top. Very few of those that did get to the top didn't commit a few sins along the way. He who casts the first stone etc.