Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 04:22 AM

Sensient, EB actually makes for a good example of a troll. 1st rule of identifying a troll is they play the man not the ball. 2nd rule of identifying a troll is they often play a complex and subtle game with things like false sincerity. So for example, after EB insults you (and others) he signs off with thanks for sharing. Let's face it, if he appreciated you sharing he wouldn't then insult you (and others).

Also with trolling, one of the key things is about baiting, it’s about trying to get other people to respond. There are also ways in which they provoke futile argument. Some of the maybe, argument fallacies of attacking a straw person, calling arguments rumors, things that may provoke others in the community to respond. See https://www.dwrl.utexas.edu/2016/11/...c-of-trolling/

Psychological studies show trolls tend to be male, show higher levels of psychopathy traits — low levels of empathy, guilt and responsibility for their actions — and higher levels of sadism traits, the enjoyment of causing others physical and psychological pain.

Trolls are also motivated by what psychologists call "atypical social rewards" or "inverted social reward" where they get their kicks through the enjoyment of callous treatment of others and negatively associated with the enjoyment of positive social interactions. This indicates a pattern of ‘inverted’ social reward in which being cruel is enjoyable and being kind is not. See Inverted Social Reward: Associations between Psychopathic Traits and Self-Report and Experimental Measures of Social Reward

Basically, trolls get their kicks fundamentally because they suffer from a negative attention disorder (with underlying psychopathic tendencies) where upsetting people evokes a negative response and feeds the troll (i.e. it gives them pleasure and motivates them to troll more).

The point really is to ignore the troll and not feed his psychological pathos for inflicting hurt on others. Move on mate and don't take it personally. And most of all don't feed the troll!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
Sensient, EB actually makes for a good example of a troll. 1st rule of identifying a troll is they play the man not the ball. 2nd rule of identifying a troll is they often play a complex and subtle game with things like false sincerity. So for example, after EB insults you (and others) he signs off with thanks for sharing. Let's face it, if he appreciated you sharing he wouldn't then insult you (and others).

Also with trolling, one of the key things is about baiting, it’s about trying to get other people to respond. There are also ways in which they provoke futile argument. Some of the maybe, argument fallacies of attacking a straw person, calling arguments rumors, things that may provoke others in the community to respond. See https://www.dwrl.utexas.edu/2016/11/...c-of-trolling/

Psychological studies show trolls tend to be male, show higher levels of psychopathy traits — low levels of empathy, guilt and responsibility for their actions — and higher levels of sadism traits, the enjoyment of causing others physical and psychological pain.

Trolls are also motivated by what psychologists call "atypical social rewards" or "inverted social reward" where they get their kicks through the enjoyment of callous treatment of others and negatively associated with the enjoyment of positive social interactions. This indicates a pattern of ‘inverted’ social reward in which being cruel is enjoyable and being kind is not. See Inverted Social Reward: Associations between Psychopathic Traits and Self-Report and Experimental Measures of Social Reward

Basically, trolls get their kicks fundamentally because they suffer from a negative attention disorder (with underlying psychopathic tendencies) where upsetting people evokes a negative response and feeds the troll (i.e. it gives them pleasure and motivates them to troll more).

The point really is to ignore the troll and not feed his psychological pathos for inflicting hurt on others. Move on mate and don't take it personally. And most of all don't feed the troll!
G `day Glow

Actually it`s a case of I don`t like bull shitters .
Tell a lie to save your ass is one thing . Tell lies to promote yourself in the eyes of others is another area of the type of psychology your describing .

This is what 20 footer has done . Hence his over reaction when called out for it .

I sign off every post I make with thanks for sharin . To remind me that the generosity of knowledge good , bad and the genetics people have shared with me and myself shared with others be the true canna spirit of hospitality .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 01-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Yeah I don't know the history, nor do I care. It comes across as trolling and in the case of Sensient as outright bullying. What's your excuse with Big Sur? I've spoken to Big Sur in the past (long ago) and frankly he seems like a very nice guy. As SB notes, his stories are anecdotal and influenced by his own experiences. He's sharing... let him share. If you don't agree with some factual points he makes introduce other ideas/facts civilly. It seems to me that if you have an axe to grind with someone over something they've done in the past (providing that something won't harm other members through it being an ongoing MO) its best to handle this via pm rather than create a shitfight on a forum. Those are my thoughts and frankly based on what's occurred here you have come across as a troll.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:34 PM

Can't wait for someone to make a factual documentary about these parts of history to put all the speculation, anecdotes and stuff to rest.

Plus it's gonna be a great watch.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
Can't wait for someone to make a factual documentary about these parts of history to put all the speculation, anecdotes and stuff to rest.

Plus it's gonna be a great watch.
It will never be put to rest. It will always be history against His Story. Against His Story and His Story and His Story. .... Its only gotten more complex and convoluted over time.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:19 PM

his story sounds like it should be buried, maybe in the library, where we bury the lies and the false histories..

I prefer hi(gh)-storys

Last edited by Growstone; 01-03-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:05 PM

He got all the pms needed for the truth.. which ones our lord and saviour... thanks for the seeds, already sold, they better germinate
troll not the word though.. superiorly blessed with the truth, a key understanding of that which is written, to decipher the truth from factual fiction (act of experiencing something but the experience was wrong) a disciple of the prophet.....
As I'm sure there was some sort of truth meant somewhere, perennial Colombian and Valium needing durbans are relevant though when one is questioning another...
Lucky we got no life hey. What a waste of it, with this shit, if we did lmfao..
I love it all.. belief in any, not really, but it's good finding out what does resonate by getting upset at reading what doesn't.. Cause it don't change jack shit in what's coming out of my pots or bong lmfao..

Last edited by Growstone; 01-03-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post
It will never be put to rest. It will always be history against His Story. Against His Story and His Story and His Story. .... Its only gotten more complex and convoluted over time.
That's just because nobody has really come out ahead/won yet
Old 01-04-2018, 12:57 PM

I have very poor reading comprehension skills, but I see zero evidence of Sam admitting to working with GMO cannabis in the links posted. Love them or hate them Sam and Chimera have devoted their lives to working with cannabis. Personally I feel they are probably two of the most knowledgeable in the industry.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:35 PM

Urm, if you read the link I posted on IC he flat out says so and defends CRISPR as being GMO light and we just don't get it and are on a witch hunt because our brains can't comprehend science n shit.

Paraphrasing of course.

And if you believe Chimera is worth a damn then I don't know.