Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 AM

Default Cannabis oil & herxing... feeling worse before feeling better

What is it?

Also known as the "Herxheimer Reaction", this reaction occurs when the body tries to eliminate toxins at a faster rate than they can be properly disposed of. The more toxic one's bodily systems are, the more severe the detoxification, or healing crisis. It is characterized by a temporary increase in symptoms during the cleansing or detox process which may be mild or severe. You may feel worse and therefore conclude that the treatment is not working. But these reactions are instead signs that the treatment is working and that your body is going through the process of cleaning itself of impurities, toxins and imbalances.

Such reactions are temporary and can occur immediately -- or within several days, or even several weeks, of a detox. Symptoms usually pass within 1-3 days, but on rare occasions can last several weeks. If you are suffering from a major illness, the symptoms you experience during the healing crisis may be identical to the disease itself. Sometimes discomfort during the healing crisis is of greater intensity than when you were developing the chronic disease. This may explain why there may be a brief flare-up in one's condition. Often the crisis will come after you feel your very best. Most people feel somewhat ill during the first few days of a cleanse because it is at that point that your body dumps toxins into the blood stream for elimination. With a more serious condition there may be many small crises to go through before the final one is possible. In any case, a cleansing & purifying process is underway, and stored wastes are in a free-flowing state.

Cause:
The healing crisis is the result of every body-system, in concert, working to eliminate waste products through all elimination channels and set the stage for regeneration. The end result: old tissues are replaced with new. When any treatment or cleansing program causes a large scale die-off of bacteria, a significant amount of endotoxins (toxins within the bacteria itself) are released into the body. The more bacteria present, and the stronger their endotoxins, the stronger the cleansing reaction. When any treatment or detox causes the organs of the body (particularly the liver, which is a storehouse of drug and poison residues) to release their stored poisons and toxins, a cleansing reaction may occur. Any program, such as fasting, which causes a rapid breakdown of fat cells (which are a storehouse for toxins), can cause a healing crisis as toxins previously lodged in the fat cells are released into the blood stream.

Symptoms:
The healing crisis will usually bring about past conditions in whatever order the body is capable of handling at that time. People often forget the diseases or injuries they have had in the past, but are usually reminded during the crisis. There are a wide variety of reactions that may manifest during a healing crisis, the most common are:

Increased joint or muscle pain

Diarrhea
Extreme fatigue and/or its opposite, restlessness
Cramps
Headache (believed to be caused by buildup of toxins in the blood)
Aches, Pains
Arthritic flair up
Insomnia
Nausea
Sinus congestion
Fever (usually low grade) and/or chills
Frequent urination and/or urinary tract discharges
Drop in blood pressure
Skin eruptions, including: boils, hives, and rashes.
Cold or flu-like symptoms
Strong emotions: anger, despair, sadness, fear, etc.
Suppressed memories arise
Anxiety
Mood swings
New phobias develop

Easing Your Way Through the Healing Crisis:
Drink plenty of fresh water (especially water), juices, and herbal teas to flush the body of toxins. Some professionals recommend distilled water as the best. Drink from 2 to 4 quarts(liters) per day. This will help flush the toxins out of your system and speed along the detoxification.

If you are feeling fatigued, or sleepy, your body is talking to you, and telling you to rest. Be kind to yourself, and get the rest that you need.
Symptoms frequently disappear immediately after a good bowel movement, use an enema to provide relief.
For other symptoms, meditation, EFT, acupuncture or a good massage might be helpful to speed up the healing process, and reduce the discomfort.
And, on rare occasions, a reduction of the dosage or temporary cessation may be required.

Important: Always ensure your health by having a thorough medical check up: don't assume that if you have any of the above symptoms that you are in a healing crisis: you may not be in a healing process, you may have a medical health problem.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:48 PM

Interesting read, is this from an article or your findings? Where does cannabis oil come into this?

I always thought it was funny when massage therapists say you may be sore tomorrow from "the toxins leaving your body". I assumed the soreness was from ramming and jamming her elbows in my muscles.

Scientologists believe something similar about toxins being stored and released in a similar manner. They also sign billion year contracts and believe that that they can be god like living souls... it only costs a mere half million dollars.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:12 PM

The Herxheimer Reaction - Feeling Worse Before Feeling Better | BioVeda Wellness

this info is scattered around the internet.

the oil helping the body to fight and eliminate toxins and dead cells is what causes the herx reaction. The oil, taken at high doses can trigger massive cell die off, and consequently the body looks for a way to eliminate these substances. A person can feel the effects of this, low blood pressure, a thickening of the blood, tiredness, as the body fights to heal itself. Serrapeptase may be of use in this situation. Ask a doctor for more information on this subject. Acupuncture may also help alleviate symptoms if a herx reaction.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalHaze View Post
Interesting read, is this from an article or your findings? Where does cannabis oil come into this?

I always thought it was funny when massage therapists say you may be sore tomorrow from "the toxins leaving your body". I assumed the soreness was from ramming and jamming her elbows in my muscles.

Scientologists believe something similar about toxins being stored and released in a similar manner. They also sign billion year contracts and believe that that they can be god like living souls... it only costs a mere half million dollars.
Scientologists are a dangerous cult.

Not only do they use brain washing and manipulation to push their pseudoscience but they are behind The Foundation For A Drug Free World.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Thanks for the links FX. How does the cannabis oil kill cells? And remove toxins? Sorry for all the questions, I'm from the show me state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Wiser View Post
Scientologists are a dangerous cult
Hey BW, is there any other kind?

Do they have scientology institutions down under?

there's a good video online interviewing hubbard's son saying that him and dad were tweaking on speed while writing some of the books.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:55 PM

Again. This information is widely available online.

http://m.mct.aacrjournals.org/content/10/7/1161.full

And
How Cannabis oil works to kill cancer - www.CureYourOwnCancer.org

How Cannabis Oil Works to Kill Cancer Cells

Bio-chemist Dennis HillHow Cannabis Oil Works to Kill Cancer CellsBy:*Dennis HillFirst let’s look at what keeps cancer cells alive, then we will come back and examine how the cannabinoids*CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) unravels cancer’s aliveness.*In every cell there is a family of interconvertible*sphingolipids*that specifically manage the life and death of that cell. This profile of factors is called the “Sphingolipid Rheostat.” If endogenous*ceramide(a signaling metabolite of*sphingosine-1-phosphate) is high, then cell death (apoptosis) is imminent. If ceramide*is low, the cell is strong in its vitality.*Very simply, when THC connects to the CB1 or CB2 cannabinoid receptor site on the cancer cell, it causes an increase in ceramide synthesis which drives cell death. A normal healthy cell does not produce ceramide in the presence of THC, thus is not affected by the cannabinoid.The cancer cell dies, not because of cytotoxic chemicals, but because of a tiny little shift in the mitochondria. Within most cells there is a cell nucleus, numerous mitochondria (hundreds to thousands), and various other organelles in the cytoplasm. The purpose of the mitochondria is to produce energy (ATP) for cell use. As ceramide starts to accumulate, turning up the Sphingolipid Rheostat, it increases the mitochondrial membrane pore permeability to*cytochrome c, a critical protein in energy synthesis. Cytochrome c is pushed out of the mitochondria, killing the source of energy for the cell.*Ceramide also causes genotoxic stress in the cancer cell nucleus generating a protein called p53, whose job it is to disrupt calcium metabolism in the mitochondria. If this weren’t enough, ceramide disrupts the cellular*lysosome, the cell’s digestive system that provides nutrients for all cell functions. Ceramide, and other sphingolipids, actively inhibit pro-survival pathways in the cell leaving no possibility at all of cancer cell survival.The key to this process is the accumulation of ceramide in the system. This means taking therapeutic amounts of CBD and THC, steadily, over a period of time, keeping metabolic pressure on this cancer cell death pathway.*How did this pathway come to be? Why is it that the body can take a simple plant enzyme and use it for profound healing in many different physiological systems? This endocannabinoid system exists in all animal life, just waiting for its matched exocannabinoid activator.*This is interesting. Our own endocannabinoid system covers all cells and nerves; it is the messenger of information flowing between our immune system and the central nervous system (CNS). It is responsible for neuroprotection, and micro-manages the immune system. This is the primary control system that maintains homeostasis; our well being.*Just out of curiosity, how does the work get done at the cellular level, and where does the body make the endocannabinoids? Here we see that endocannabinoids have their origin in nerve cells right at the synapse. When the body is compromised through illness or injury it calls insistently to the endocannabinoid system and directs the immune system to bring healing. If these homeostatic systems are weakened, it should be no surprise that exocannabinoids are therapeutic. It helps the body in the most natural way possible.To see how this works we visualize the cannabinoid as a three dimensional molecule, where one part of the molecule is configured to fit the nerve or immune cell receptor site just like a key in a lock. There are at least two types of cannabinoid receptor sites, CB1 (CNS) and CB2 (immune). In general CB1 activates the CNS messaging system, and CB2 activates the immune system, but it’s much more complex than this. Both THC and anandamide activate both receptor sites. Other cannabinoids activate one or the other receptor sites.*Among the strains of Cannabis, C.*sativa*tends toward the CB1 receptor, and C.*indica*tends toward CB2. So*sativa*is more neuroactive, and*indica*is more immunoactive. Another factor here is that*sativa*is dominated by THC cannabinoids, and*indica*is predominately CBD (cannabidiol).It is known that THC and CBD are biomimetic to anandamide, that is, the body can use both interchangeably. Thus, when stress, injury, or illness demand more from endogenous anandamide than can be produced by the body, its mimetic exocannabinoids are activated. If the stress is transitory, then the treatment can be transitory. If the demand is sustained, such as in cancer, then treatment needs to provide sustained pressure of the modulating agent on the homeostatic systems.*Typically CBD gravitates to the densely packed CB2 receptors in the spleen, home to the body’s immune system. From there, immune cells seek out and destroy cancer cells. Interestingly, it has been shown that THC and CBD cannabinoids have the ability to kill cancer cells directly without going through immune intermediaries. THC and CBD hijack the lipoxygenase pathway to directly inhibit tumor growth. As a side note, it has been discovered that CBD inhibits anandamide reuptake. Here we see that cannabidiol helps the body preserve its own natural endocannabinoid by inhibiting the enzyme that breaks down anandamide.This brief survey touches lightly on a few essential concepts. Mostly I would like to leave you with an appreciation that nature has designed the perfect medicine that fits exactly with our own immune system of receptors and signaling metabolites to provide rapid and complete immune response for systemic integrity and metabolic homeostasis. *

Old 08-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Thanks. Again. I thought you were saying cannabis kills cells in general. Maybe you are. Not everybody on oil has cancer.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:15 PM

Default Good info

Thanks! I have been feeling bad in the evenings (mild flu-like) and just now realize this is how I feel after Deep tissue massage.... The massage therapists say that it is due to toxins in the blood, but it is actually (in this case) debris from muscle cells - The contents that are normally enclosed within the muscle cell walls are released and in the bloodstream. That sets off this generalized inflammatory reaction while the body is sorting out this temporary imbalance. I am a nurse, and we saw this same phenomena after trauma/Burns --it is called rhabdo. The Ck enzyme would be a high in the bloodstream due to this, because CK is an enzyme that is in muscle cells. Ck has a high concentration 3 places: muscle tissue, heart tissue (Ck level is a marker measured following heart attack), and BRAIN tissue. This is what I think is fascinating! I have started using CBD oil for "brain issues." I think my inflammatory symptoms may indicate high CK in my bloodstream right now, due to increased brain activity and brain detoxing. I feel mentally that a haze is lifting from my brain. I am very encouraged that my physical symptoms may be confirmation of a curative cbd effect on my brain.

Last edited by Denise; 12-08-2016 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 07-20-2018, 12:32 PM

Default Medical Marijuana

They said that medical cannabis is very effective when it comes to anxiety. At first I was doubtful so I started doing my own research and read articles about marijuana. I found out that each marijuana strain has different uses for different diseases. Like this strain https://www.bonzaseeds.com/blog/sunset-sherbert/ This one is very effective when it comes to stress and mild anxiety. Let me hear your two cents with this.thanks
Old 07-20-2018, 02:34 PM

Just a side note: the same reaction can happen when you take a course of colloidal silver.

About to drink some colloidal silver.