Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Banned

Arrow Australia considering legalizing medical marijuana?

I saw this posted over at IC Mag.

(link is safe....it's the Australian Parliament's website)

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Pr...ers%5B1%5D.pdf

Good luck to my friends down under. Hope this works out for you guys the way it did for us in Cali years ago.
Being that Nevil is one of the main guys behind this campaign, I have a good feeling it might end in a happy ending.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:59 PM

is Mr.Heinrich the founder of mardigrass?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM

Nah that will never happen in Australia.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:05 PM

I am not aware of the current Aussie viewpoint on Cannabis..Nor their past/previous stance either.. I Do not think its considered too bad in some parts of Aus..I have seen a few demos and protests which has shown people smoking in front of cops and not being done..

It will be good if the laws are changed though, the more places that allow it and regulate it the more chance there is of it going global..

The thing isd, people forget that drugs were legal until the 20th century, all you had to do was go to your Dr or Chemist/Pharmacy and buy what you wanted.. The only drug problem the world had back then was that everyone was taking them and addicted to one substance or another..

But hey guess what! Life isn't as hard as it was back then, times have changed.. Now there are many other ways for people to pass time and kickback.. Prohibition done nothing good AT ALL.. ALL drug problems started after legislation (more or less)..

I want to see the domino effect take place..and watch as the whole globe goes sane and legalizes and taxes drugs.. The evidence now is massive..Its just a case of making the 'old boys' see it, or rather 'get them to admit it in public and grow the balls to make change!'

David Cameron's response to the pressure he has come under from the UK to legalize cannabis, was a bit of a shock.. I really thought we had found a PM who had the balls to make tough decisions..seems I was wrong, maybe Cameron is the submissive one in the Coalition gov partnership LOL..

Good Luck Australia!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by draz View Post

David Cameron's response to the pressure he has come under from the UK to legalize cannabis, was a bit of a shock.. I really thought we had found a PM who had the balls to make tough decisions..seems I was wrong, maybe Cameron is the submissive one in the Coalition gov partnership LOL..

Good Luck Australia!
David Cameron is not your man Draz. The Tory party will never press for any radical change in the law. Can you imagine the middle England blue rinse brigade putting up with that?

Their predecessors the Labour party went as far as sacking their own drugs advisor because he wasn't making the right noises.

I see no change in the drug laws in the forseeable future.
Their is no impetus for it because hard drug use is down, so they think the war is working.

regards
norty
Old 03-30-2013, 07:09 PM

I know the tories are generally shit at things drug related etc..(enough of them do take drugs though, hard ones too)..

But seeing that Dave Cameron had actually gotten around to making some tough decisions regarding various policies(Although I am not a fan of the solutions)..I thought maybe he had the balls to actually make the change..

There has been immense pressure from various people and places for teh UK to reform its laws on drugs.. many many MPs want it legalized and taxed after seeing how other EU member states and various other places have had success stories with their 'radical' and 'new' ways of treating/tackling drug use and misuse..

It does make me wonder 'WHY' the gov are so opposed to taxing and regulating drugs..even if it was just cannabis.. It doesn't really make much sense when the country is in need of raising money so badly.. It makes me think the people saying 'NO' to change are doing so because they will 'lose' money if its legalized..
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Banned

In any case, it's a step in the right direction. Gotta start somewhere.