Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 2. Introducing yourself...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM

Great first post, Onius!

You have some amazing plants and interesting crosses. I hope you find exactly what your looking for in each cross.

Someday I hope to do some breeding/pollen chuckin, so I really like these types of threads.

Thanks for sharing!

ON

P.S. Almost forgot, your plant pics made me drool a little.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Hi & Welcome OOO,
Nice work, well documented and nicely presented.
Lovely!
Thanks for sharing.
YS
Old 01-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manivelle View Post
is yours is one of those ? tell me more about yours please
Looks like first post is the Banana in the Cannabible I was talking about. The other two links are to a well-known strain called Banana Kush, which is very different from mine.
The story I heard from the guy who gave her to me was that a heady commune in North Cali has a legend of an NL5 (anybody who's seen a legendary NL5 knows this is a no joke plant) which they pollinated using an Afoogey male. Afgooey is know for making lightly fruity indica dominant buds with an obscene amount of, surprise, goo. Apparently this cross had no name and was tested by many folks in California/Oregon. Of all the best girls, one was selected and named "Banana", because she made huge curved buds that literally resemble bananas in their shape (reference fourth Banana picture in first post of this thread), and even have an artificial banana taste.
As far as her growth habits go:
Medium-high vigor
Somewhat squat plant with "bushing" tendencies
Medium-small stretch in bloom
Every surface is covered in large trichs
Has more leaves than most strains I like, but they are SOOOO gooey it doesn't matter
8 weeks in bloom
Drinks less water than peers but yields more (making it a possible gorilla strain)
Is susceptible to powdery mildew especially in cold weather (making maybe not the best gorilla strain)
Currently my second highest yielding girl... but Mr. Nice's genetics may bump it down a few slots here soon
Dat's all I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 View Post
Hey Onius,
Well, recently there was a battle between two groups of people (I'm sure your bound to com across some of it ... and what better to ease everyone's souls is a first post like yours with killer plants (and pics) with a project in mind and set goals.

I'm really looking forward to see how you get on...

Cheers,
Sensi
Yeah, i was beginning to see a lot of that. Was looking over Nevil's posts when I realized he stopped posting a long while back. Sucks that I don't get to converse with him 'cause people can't be civil to each other; such is life, and we should leave that part behind.

Glad to help in that effort with this thread for sure Hopefully mine is the start of a new wave of grow shows!

Thanks for the heads-up Sensi.

Quote:
Great first post, Onius!

You have some amazing plants and interesting crosses. I hope you find exactly what your looking for in each cross.

Someday I hope to do some breeding/pollen chuckin, so I really like these types of threads.

Thanks for sharing!

ON

P.S. Almost forgot, your plant pics made me drool a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Hi & Welcome OOO,
Nice work, well documented and nicely presented.
Lovely!
Thanks for sharing.
YS
Well, I do aim to please

Thanks for stopping by!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 PM

thank you ooo
good luck for you breeding work
cheers
Old 01-13-2012, 03:02 AM
cannabisspfecund

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniusOniusOnius View Post
Having communities run my genes is the only way I can breed effectively until I get some land, or better yet, get land outside the US. Having a legal garden means limiting numbers... which means very few tickets in the genetic lottery. By using tester gardens I can run hundreds (later thousands) of phenos and get some of the best cuts back from grateful growers. Everybody wins!

Can't tell you a lot about Mulanje other than it's a landrace from Mulanje mountain and I bought it from Holy Smoke seeds via Attitude Seedbank (who sell Mr. Nice gear too). Also picked up Malwawi Gold (suppose to be pure) and Mozambique Poison (shorter blue/green plant). All are suppose to have hallucinogenic properties and all are suppose to work well indoors compared to other 100% Sativas. Trying to take my garden in a distinctly more sativa direction in the future, i.e. SSH, La Nina, Black Widow, Mind Bender, Angel Heart, African landraces, Tikal (75% Guatemalan strawberry landrace), Moby Dick, ect...

Hey EggyBread no worries on the mis-read brother. We all skim these forums; you'd be crazy not too! Glad to have you aboard Also, you've got me extra-pyched that the Mind Bender was a good pick!
you'll have to let us know about the 3 holysmoke (malberry) strains no one has given the all clear or the no good stamp on them yet. if they are representitives of thier description i'd be keen. ive got mozambique poison x golden tiger in my head but i can only find the info to back up the gt side of it.

no plans for finding a nice g13/skunk male for that g13? it could almost be back.

i agree re mns / tga but i think they have a lot of nevils genetics already.

cheers
Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
... one thing you might want to keep in mind is that I've read on here quite abit that La Nina doesn't stretch too much so in your search for a male you may look at this quality ...
Thanks for the heads-up Sensi

That's why I'm so keen on this particular La Nina fellow though. He seems to be very haze dom, but has made man sacs very quickly.

The night he was put into bloom I hacked 4-10 inches off his entire top. Every stem over 1/8 inch thick was topped. Here's the pic after "hair cut":
IMG_0481 (Copy).JPG

Here he is just ten days later!
IMG_0616 (Copy).JPG
Thin untopped heads jumped over a foot and are nearing 1/2 in diameter; topped heads have jumped 4-10 inches. Wow. What a beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisspfecund View Post
you'll have to let us know about the 3 holysmoke (malberry) strains no one has given the all clear or the no good stamp on them yet...

...no plans for finding a nice g13/skunk male for that g13? ...

i agree re mns / tga but i think they have a lot of nevils genetics already.

cheers
Very excited about all three types but can't pop them all at once. Don't want to go over my number limit. I'm well under, but things have a way of backing up around here

G13/skunk male from Mr. Nice would be awesome, but I've got a lot on my plate already

Doesn't everybody have a lot of Nevil's genetics, lol

Last edited by OniusOniusOnius; 01-27-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:27 PM

Default Newest seeds!

In a previous post I mentioned some seeds I put in the dirt a few days ago. The results were pretty good with 8/10 popping right up. The only two that didn't make it up were Bubblegum from THSeeds and Tikal from ACE. Both have been replaced and replanted.

The Bubblegum seed was big and white so no surprise on bad germ, in fact, three of the five bought were white. I popped both brown ones earlier and they were male.

Tikal is a landrace and the seeds are probably a bit old so I'll have to take special care with these from now on. No big surprise on bad germ here either, but seeds are brown and big

As far as the seeds that did germ go:

IMG_0798 (Copy).JPG

Angel Heart #1 & #2: Mr. Nice (Mango Haze x Afgan Skunk)
IMG_0798_AH1_MndBndr (Copy).jpg IMG_0798_AH2 (Copy).jpg
So excited about these. After seeing four AH phenos in thread recently I'm ready for these to be nugs today!

Ace Of Spades #1 & #2: TGA (Black Cherry Soda x Jack the Ripper)
IMG_0798_AOS (Copy).jpg
Jack the Ripper is the father of my favorite plant and Black Cherry Soda is one of the best smelling/tasting/looking plants on earth. Not sure how this could go bad.

Mulanje #1 : Holy Smoke (Mulanje mountain landrace)
IMG_0798_Mulanje (Copy).jpg
Africa! Somebody's gotta see if you can really get these things to grow serious chron inside... and that somebody is Onius!

Pineapple Chunk (fem): Barney's (Pineapple x [Cheese x Skunk#1])
IMG_0798_PnPl_Chnk (Copy).jpg
I am not a fan of Barney's fem line so far. Maybe this time I can get some good nugs that aren't herm factories.

Mind Bender: KC Brains (KC Mango x KC33)
IMG_0798_AH1_MndBndr (Copy).jpg
KC mango has produced some of the strongest smelling mango herb I've ever encountered. A backcross to it's more sativa-lemon father sounds like a move in the right direction to me

Last edited by OniusOniusOnius; 01-13-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:43 PM

wow what can I say.. superb
only wish the u.k would follow suit and let me growwwwwww
Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

That black Cherry soda is realy wild looking.
Do you have any more info on it's heritage?
Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Banned

OOO. I only got two words for your project. Feckin niiiiiice duuuuude! (OK 3 words)