Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 2. Introducing yourself...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 06:21 AM
cannabisspfecund

recieved your pm from nevil yet?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 AM
cannabisspfecund

sorry can you tell us about the origanal g13 and how it compares to more modern strains/hybrids.

cheers
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM

Default Mindbender

Hey O.O.O.
I,d love to see some shot's of the k.c. Mindbender,
My friend works with a purple pheno he's had for 4 years,All but 2 of his pack were purple and squat and very strong medicine,yield could be better but the potency is top notch.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisspfecund View Post
recieved your pm from nevil yet?

sorry can you tell us about the origanal g13 and how it compares to more modern strains/hybrids.
cheers
Thanks for stopping by cannabisspfecund No message from Nevil yet, should I be expecting one?

My G13 F1 named "Wine" is a medium to medium-high yielder that pumps out super chalky, super dense "baseball-shaped" nugs. Decent vigor and finishes in slightly under 9 weeks. Definitely has some sativa in her, but was clearly chosen for indica growth traits while maintaining sativa influence in high/smell. Grows vine-like and is very bushy, probably because she is a very old cut. I've been feeding her lots of L-aminos to help combat RNA transcription errors and keep her as young as possible. Because of the thickness & density it has problems with PM & bud rot. Needs serious airflow & doesn't like "hot-spots" from lights. Might try to cross her to an F2 of my Qrazy Train, which is immune to PM.

All that being said her quality is definitely up to modern standards. She's one of my hardest hitting strains. Her smells and tastes are almost unbelievable; menthol, citrus, wine. Her terpenes are strongly in the Citral A, and Menthol regions, about 50/50. These are two of the most widely known and accepted terpenoids used in medicine and healing. So it does make sense that maaaaaaaybe a scientist had a hand in making it. You'd think a pro would try to work in some disease resistance too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyBread View Post
...I,d love to see some shot's of the k.c. Mindbender,
My friend works with a purple pheno he's had...
I'd love to see a shot of my Mind Bender too... but she hasn't germinated yet lol

I'll get something up as soon as I can. Good to know there are purple phenos too. I'm more interested in quality over color (especially since I have a red/purple strain of epic proportion already), but purple mango/lemon sativa sounds like a real treat. KC's seeds are so cheap & decent quality from what I've seen, that I've caught myself tacking them on the end of other seed orders frequently.

Last edited by OniusOniusOnius; 02-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

Nice strains an lovely pics grower!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 PM

Default Welcome Brother!

You have some great looking plants. We're glad to have you, and Im very interesting in reading more about your projects. You may have some luck with test growers, to assure you are on the right path with your hybrid crosses. If your only able to flower 7 plants at a time it will be hard to run numbers, which is necessary in a breeding regiment. You def have some very interesting stuff, and I hope you will share more with us..
Can you tell us a little bit about your pure african?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM

Default ; )

"I'd love to see a shot of my Mind Bender too... but she hasn't germinated yet lol "

sorry m8 didn't read it properly
Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla Family View Post
... You may have some luck with test growers, to assure you are on the right path with your hybrid crosses ...
Can you tell us a little bit about your pure african?
Having communities run my genes is the only way I can breed effectively until I get some land, or better yet, get land outside the US. Having a legal garden means limiting numbers... which means very few tickets in the genetic lottery. By using tester gardens I can run hundreds (later thousands) of phenos and get some of the best cuts back from grateful growers. Everybody wins!

Can't tell you a lot about Mulanje other than it's a landrace from Mulanje mountain and I bought it from Holy Smoke seeds via Attitude Seedbank (who sell Mr. Nice gear too). Also picked up Malwawi Gold (suppose to be pure) and Mozambique Poison (shorter blue/green plant). All are suppose to have hallucinogenic properties and all are suppose to work well indoors compared to other 100% Sativas. Trying to take my garden in a distinctly more sativa direction in the future, i.e. SSH, La Nina, Black Widow, Mind Bender, Angel Heart, African landraces, Tikal (75% Guatemalan strawberry landrace), Moby Dick, ect...

Hey EggyBread no worries on the mis-read brother. We all skim these forums; you'd be crazy not too! Glad to have you aboard Also, you've got me extra-pyched that the Mind Bender was a good pick!

Last edited by OniusOniusOnius; 01-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangalunacy View Post
Gday OOO

Welcome to Mrnice
Two good combos Mr Nice and TGA
I,ve always enjoyed your posts @(GP)
Good luck taming your la nina
Cheers KL
I missed this post earlier, hence, the delayed response. I think TGA and Mr. Nice would make many perfect pairings. It's the west-coast USA elite clone method (just cross elite clones and see what happens) meets the calculated and more sativa leaning Mr. Nice stock. It's like taking undisciplined disciples with great talent to learn from a master... they will need to be broken... lol

For instance, I don't want to tame the La Nina genes when I cross it with Black Cherry Soda. Quite the contrary, I want to unleash the Black Cherry Soda with La Nina's vigor! Imagine a magenta colored berry smelling plant with the vigor of an outdoor sativa and the high of a haze. Besides, the biggest problem with the BCS mom is that her nodes are WAY too tight. La Nina can stretch her out, and BCS can fatten up La Nina's nugs
Old 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
It's probably not the one you've heard of. There's a Banana in the Cannabible 3 which is different from my clone only cut. My Banana comes from a private farm in California which isn't sharing with a lot of people
this is the banana links that are in my browser favorites
Banana
Banana Kush - 420 Magazine
Banana Kush Marijuana Reviews - Leafly

is yours is one of those ? tell me more about yours please