Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 2. Introducing yourself...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 PM

Default So new, so many questions

Hi, Im new to the world of growing cannabis, like 2 weeks new. I have used cannabis for years but stopped 5 years ago due to job requirements. I have noticed a decline in my quality of life without Cannabis. I noticed I get stressed out easisly and like to isolate my self to avoid people.

I'm from the south where smoking is still illegal. I have mainly smoked Mexi-Brick and it was good until one faithful night at Job Corps My friend pulled out some loud, this is what we called good weed. I dont like bringing up race unless it's important and I think it's important to say my friend was white to help paint the picture of this story.

We got a weekend pass and went home to my friends house, he lived in Austin, Tx I'm from Louisiana. He is orignaly from Cali. We all sitting in his backyard about to smoke I pull out my swisher to gut it and fill it. Him and his friends looked at me like "dude what the fuck are you doing?" I'm confused as hell. Then he pulls out this 3 foot glass contraction, "mind you I have never seen or smoked out of a bong. I have seen them on tv but that's about it. He laughted and said "This that white boy shit, we don't smoke blunts This was 17 years ago. " Long story short. I fired up my blunt of Mexi-Brick and hit his loud and after the first hit of the loud in a bong and in a joint I looked at my blunt with great disapointment, like my first born missed the winning point layup in the championship game. I ain't been right since.

Since that night I have only wanted quality weed but in my town it's almost impossible to get, and if you do they try to charge you up to $20 a gram. I would always read and see post from guys in legal states smoking and growing exotic cannabis and I had no way to get my hands on any.. I have always heard you can aquire seeds online but I always assumed it was a scam or a cop setup. But I decided to take a chance out of desperation and just hope for the best.

Two weeks ago I joined a facebook group of seed traders and I made my first donation for seeds. I got some sunset sherbet, some Jillybean, and super skunk. I haven't planted these yet because I'm trying to educate my self on best practices for growing health plants, talk about I formation overload. I will ask a lot of questions and hope to make some new friends. Sorry for long post but super excited to be here.

Wrote this on phone so ignore any errors
Old 01-15-2017, 04:01 PM

Well hello there 3CC, and welcome to the mns forum. All the info you could ever need can be found here. As ProfJJ says, the search function is a very handy tool.
Yeah bongs are great. I've been a right bong monster for, oh about 35 years, and people say I look young so they must be good for you!
Can build up crap on your chest though, so last year I thought I'd try vaping.
Got a S&B Plenty and I've never looked back. The first couple of weeks you think there's something missing, and there is: all the soot and tar and by-products of combustion.
But after that's gone out of your system it's bloody great!
I've had the occasional bong since and it tastes like you're inhaling burning plastic, so now the only time I use one is when I want an extra-smooth vape, just stick the vape tube in the bong and away we go. And the effect is just as good.
Anyway each to their own, and I hope you enjoy it here.
Good luck with the growing!

ps, the auctions here are the best, cheapest way to get seeds you'll find.

Last edited by beauthebulldog; 01-15-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:35 PM

auctions? I will really have to check this out.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:43 PM

White people who don't grow don't smoke blunts. Lol, I do have a bit of Native American blood though enough so I get a real good tan in the summer and apparently look Latino. Lol

I didn't smoke too many blunts of dank bud before I grew though and I sold brick weed like a bastard so I only bought a little bit of dank for myself I did grow a little bit of weed in my early teens though growing up in the mountains how can you not? Lol, I just used brick seeds though they came out better than the brick weed but they didn't really reach maturity cause we get frost in late September.

I do smoke more joints than blunts though but nothing like doing dabs of bubble hash that's my favorite and clears the lungs right out.

But as for growing the best way I've found is KISS Keep it simple stupid some people go crazy about the PH PPM etc. I never bothered to even check my pH as I have never checked it and have grown everything from dank weed to dank tomatoes. Lol, Cannabis specific nutrients are a joke as well a good all purpose nutrient like Jacks Classic is all you really need. Organic can be even cheaper if you have your own compost some good animal shit is nice to have too but I would not pay the kind of money they want for bat guano and shit. Most people seem to spend far too much to grow weed when it is just another plant. Really I've seen so many problems with cannabis specific nutrients they are far too strong when used as directed I've seen so many seedlings abused by them even mature plants with nute burn like a bastard stressed into producing male flowers and all.

It's just another plant and requires no special treatment though not everyone can grow beautiful tomatoes.

And yeah the auctions seem to have the cheapest quality seeds available not all the new age names but still some damn good weed and you actually know what the genetics are. Of course it is tempting to grow the new flavor of the week it's crazy how people go on about Girl Scout Cookies but I tried it and wasn't impressed certainly no way in hell it was the original clone only but a couple people were going on just like you see California people on forums meanwhile they still bought weed off me. Lol, It was decent weed though but no better than my weed and more expensive but I pass my savings on to the costumers. The biggest expense growing weed should be the electric bill IMO unless you use the trusty old sun. I like to grow outdoors too but I do more indoors it's just easier unless you can legally grow then I would have a nice garden with some monster plants right out back.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:58 AM

I can't find the auctionn post anywhere.is it hidden? I was getting sucked in to the nute hype but I have been seeing a lot of folks saying it's really not needed. I'm still on the fence. I'm growing inside and not a lot of space. I will try two at a 5one and see how that works. I'm really look8my to build my seed library, I am really crazing some good weed. Can't wait o get started.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:18 AM

On the home page scroll down til you see mr nice auctions and click on it, or at the top right of this page. You have to register again, pref. with a different user name.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:29 AM

Hey, 3rd Coast. Sometimes, the hardest part of growing is picking the method that works best in your own situation. I personally, have tried aeroponics, bubble buckets, and now organic soil. All grew weed, but growing with chemical nutrients was a chore for me. I thoroughly enjoy growing in soil and, as a former science teacher, I really like getting into the biology of soil building....plus, I am currently getting ready to build a few led grow lights.
As you begin to make choices on how to set up your grow, remember that this plant is a weed. Sativas can easily grow over 6 meters tall outdoors. Kangativa's old pictures can be found with a quick Google search. Cannabis is hardy and robust. I have re-planted a seedling my toddler pulled up and it still grew into a beautiful plant.
Also, a vaporizer beats a bong hands down....and once you get into growing, you will need to decide upon a way to make concentrates. You can choose, Bubble hash, dry ice/dry sift, some form of bho or CO2 concentrate, or a low heat press, but choose something. Dabs of hash are the stuff dreams are made of. ��

Oh....and pop those beans! Sure, you will screw some up, but they don't remain fresh and easy to germinate forever and there is only one way to learn your own best growing method. You have to start somewhere!

Natural Farming How-to Videos and Bokashi composting www.prokashi.com/videos

Flow thru earthworm compost bin ideas http://vermicomposters.ning.com/foru...through-bins-a

Composting with black soldier flies http://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garde...urs-video.html
http://www.thebiopod.com/

Last edited by AliCakes; 05-30-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:43 AM

Oh, you can also find a button to take you to the auction site in the top right corner of every forum page. I have some great deals on the way.
Currently, I have 3 Medican Man plants and 1 Critical Mass in my grow room. I believe one of the MM is male, but lights are off right now and we flip the grow to flower tomorrow. So any needed culling will happen soon.

Natural Farming How-to Videos and Bokashi composting www.prokashi.com/videos

Flow thru earthworm compost bin ideas http://vermicomposters.ning.com/foru...through-bins-a

Composting with black soldier flies http://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garde...urs-video.html
http://www.thebiopod.com/
Old 05-30-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauthebulldog View Post
Well hello there 3CC, and welcome to the mns forum. All the info you could ever need can be found here. As ProfJJ says, the search function is a very handy tool.
Yeah bongs are great. I've been a right bong monster for, oh about 35 years, and people say I look young so they must be good for you!
Can build up crap on your chest though, so last year I thought I'd try vaping.
Got a S&B Plenty and I've never looked back. The first couple of weeks you think there's something missing, and there is: all the soot and tar and by-products of combustion.
But after that's gone out of your system it's bloody great!
I've had the occasional bong since and it tastes like you're inhaling burning plastic, so now the only time I use one is when I want an extra-smooth vape, just stick the vape tube in the bong and away we go. And the effect is just as good.
Anyway each to their own, and I hope you enjoy it here.
Good luck with the growing!

ps, the auctions here are the best, cheapest way to get seeds you'll find.
Agree 100% with you. Can't stand blunts or bongs anymore. Vaping (for me and my lungs) is the way to go. Plus I can really taste the weed too.