Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 2. Introducing yourself...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 06:12 PM

Default lighting recommendation

Hey

I want to try using a LED for my short stubby Early/CBD varieties i will be only running 3 or 4 beans max with the LED.

Are there any decent brand's or key specifications to look for? other than the generic looking ones you would find on amazon or ebay.

From the what i can see most "branded" led lights are the same model just repackaged under a different brand name:confused,

thanks

masey

Last edited by masey; 03-04-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:18 AM

This one looks promising but it just don't look like it has the footprint of an HPS I'd take his grow with a grain of salt though all the guy does is marketing. For all you know he just moved the plant from under an HPS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR3VwR6uB4Y
Old 03-05-2015, 03:24 PM

Default LEDS suck

They are too expensive for the return, and putting a 400 on a light rail is waaaaaay better, both quantity and quality, LEDS are not cost effective for start up nor production of flowers. maybe one day, but until then, put the light on a mover and move a lot of air( room should fully exchange every minute or less). Good luck, CC
Old 03-07-2015, 05:18 PM

LED certainly works. However there are scam lights and expensive lights - getting a good one a the right price is the difficult thing.

You need for a 2x1 foot cabinet a 400-500watt equivalent LED array. The actual current draw should be 180-230 watts, made from 3w or 5w LEDs.

There are good lights on ebay, at the moment I can recommend topledseller. Marshydro is also getting good reviews.

You can fully make fat buds, keep the lights about 12-16 inches from the plants and let the buds grow up even closer.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:28 PM

Im still out on LEDs, im not sure if they where so good then why so many are still avoiding them still? But, try and bid on one on ebay and you may think that everone has one and nothing else is working out for joe grower. when will they become the norm so price will reflect what is the norm, not now thats for sure so i set on the sideline waiting for what break's to go all in.
RJ
Old 03-07-2015, 11:32 PM

What I like about leds is the possibility to spread the light well (if you build it yourself).
It enables me to keep the light 4 inch from the canopy while keeping the RH at 65% without burning the plants.
Instead of 600W I use 350W and the plants get more PPFD's than ever.

It doesn't matter what kind of light you use, what counts is the spectrum.
If you made a led with the exact same spectrum as an HPS every watt would yield as many photons.
The problem with that is it would be ridiculously expensive, plus you want FR after lights out (I am not sure how that works with led).
To fix that I simply use incandescents, which seems to work fine.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:35 PM

hey BB, can you tell us what you got going in here?...

nice shot btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleblower View Post
La Nina