View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE View Post
Hi scrub,
I believe NH is recommended outdoors within 10' of the equator, having grown 50% haze varieties outdoors and later green houses to finish up at approximately 40 N I have experienced similar issues with bud rot. She is recommended indoors for all others do to pretty much exactly what you're describing here in this thread though there are other factors to consider depending on the part of the world you're in.

So I am not sure anyone should bash you for your contributions but in fact thank you for adding to the overall body of knowledge concerning this and other lines. Though its a shame whenever something you've put your heart and soul into for months simply does not come into fruition. But from your post I am gathering you may have had an idea this was a possible outcome?
Thanks for the support. Yes I certainly don't blame the genetics. Shantibaba has always been quite honest that NH is a very fussy plant outside the tropics and I have nobody to blame but myself.

It should be noted though that this is my biggest failure ever. I've grown landrace Thais and sativas my entire life at latitudes where they theoretically should fail. My own worked Thai line had fully ripe buds but mold ruined them.

The secret is micro-climate. Outdoor guerilla growers will understand my predicament. New location and didn't have time to suss it out properly and monitor sun movement like I usually do.

I'm very pleased actually because I probably learnt more this season than any other season and now I have a challenge. I find growing weed incredibly boring unless stuff like this happens.

Now I'm absolutely committed to ripening Nev Haze at my latitude outdoors just to prove it can be done. I bid till I was broke on the NH spring cleaning auction but lost...

I've become quite interested in this Nev haze strain and I'm really looking forward to ripping the genetics apart to see what is really in there.

scrubdog