Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2020, 01:49 AM

Default Light Burn ?

Kia Ora,

Everything about these plants appears happy, healthy and normal except for a few of them the very tips of the bud look completely white.

I'm growing under LED strips, this is only my 2nd grow using these strips and last time I had some light burning issues but symptoms were on the leaves, seems odd that this grow the leaves appear completely normal but the tips of the buds looked bleached.

IMG_20200318_142829_compress34.jpgIMG_20200318_142843_compress92.jpg
Old 03-18-2020, 04:42 AM

Hi@Dkeppel
In my unimportant opinion, the plant looks really good.
The thing with the LEDs is that there is quickly make a mistake with the distance to the tip ... Increase the distance between the LED and the plant tip by approx. 10 cm, then the color and structure will return to normal ;-). Often seen with LEDs when too much light-energy hits the plant.

Good growth continues!
Old 03-19-2020, 06:30 AM

Thank you for confirming that for me Guelaguetza, I'd assumed it was light burn, I would of expected the top leaves to show some signs of stress too is all, it also threw me that only a few of the buds have the bleaching and it isn't only the ones closest to the light.

I was thinking about it earlier and I had noticed some praying of the top leaves days before noticing the bleached buds, it's quite hard to judge how powerful these LEDs are, I miss the days of the hand test
Old 03-19-2020, 03:38 PM

Uh, I have to say that due to the legal situation in my country, my supposed knowledge is "only" the knowledge of a buddy of a buddy .. ;-) .. But: From this source I know that on the one hand the leaves do not have to be affected (usually even not at all!) and that on the other hand a large part of traditional HPS-knowledge is obsolete when using LEDs. You probably quickly misjudge the distance between the lamp and the plant. The good old hand-control is a thing of the past, unfortunately. It should be astonishing to hear/say, how big the distance should/must/can/may really be. What I heard/saw was the fact, that the LED-light source hung significantly (!) higher than a 250W HPS.
Good grow!
Old 04-30-2020, 02:56 AM

Hey man, nice plant.
It's light saturation, not actually burning, isn't it?
Old 04-30-2020, 03:38 AM

Kia Ora,

It's over saturation of light I suppose your right Vlad, I've never seen it under HPS but I've been told it's possible normally you would just get heat stress from the lamp in my experience.

It's all a distant memory now, they pretty much grew out of it, you can hardly tell anymore the green sort of took over the white in the end, I really should harvest these plants there ready.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:57 PM

Yep, vlad is right. And i have personally seen it with hps-cooltube grows.