Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 04:41 AM

Default Whatís a good brand of mycorrhizae?

Iíve been using VAM,same company that makes Ful-power,and I add a teaspoon to 5 gallons of nutrient mix then bubble it with added humic acid,kelp,and 1-1/2 teaspoons of molasses.
Usually in a day or two a layer of foam appears on surface and it gets applied each feeding or watering,feed every watering.
Unfortunately itís not pure mycorrhizae but mixed with a black powder and other impurities so it can get a bit messy and itís hard on pumps.
I used to sprinkle in on roots or in medium during transplant,according to directions,but it doesnít dissolve and actually screws up transplant.So now I donít sprinkle or dips roots in myco powder additives.
Either itís poor quality mycorrhizae or dipping roots or sprinkling medium in mycorrhizae powder just doesnít work.
Iíve tried it several times and transplants without dipping or sprinkles in medium recover quite faster.
Iíve dug up transplants that were doing so poorly and powder hasnít dissolved and in a sense clogs up root endings.
So are there cleaner,purer or more water soluble mycorrhizae powders?
Iím assuming the added black powder is food for the mycorrhizae or to help increase shelf life?
Old 01-02-2018, 05:17 PM

I like Sannies. There may be others.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:50 PM

Iíve heard of sannies but shipping may cost more than product.
The bioAg VAM works and only has Endo and no trichodermia but it doesnít work unless it bubbled.
Label says it works by sprinkling in transplant hole or roots but since itís not soluble in water roots actually suffer.
I think some companies have one good product but thier other products are mediocre.
Iím going to try recharge by gromore and see if itís more cleaner and water soluble.
I might try making a tea bag to hold VAM while bubbling to see if it keeps grit out of everything.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:54 PM

Try the "Bio Tabs" ones. They have a product called Micotrex that work the best for me
Old 01-23-2018, 08:44 AM

More than looking for a brand, you should look for the type of mycos in whatever product you buy.

Specifically, you should make sure that the product you choose consists solely of ENDOmycorrhizae and NOT contain any ECTOmycorrhizae.

Endo-mycos are what is beneficial for our plants but Ecto-mycos are beneficial for trees and the like only.

And they do compete with each other so you can considerably stifle root development by including ectos.

There are a few different strains of endo-mycos but afaik none have been proven to be "better" than others overall.

The next thing to consider is the carrier material. You can't just sell the spores pure, you have to put them on some form of carrier material.
That can be many things, from some form of powder (probably calcium based?) to hydroton pebbles. Look at what tickles your fancy and what you prefer.

The last factor would be the concentration of spores per gram or something the like.

I would say any company that is open and upfront about these factors and clearly communicates them to their customers, likely offers a good product.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:11 PM

Hello,

the more of the benefitial, the better. Austrians do supply a lot of good work of the fungi-based microorganisms and are ahead in some points.

Be well.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:57 PM

Iíve never used xtreme and itís not very expensive.It has things in it they say is more for trees or long life plants,but Iíve also read many are happy with it.

I use endo now with no trichmodermy or ecto in it and itís Arbuscular with 160prop/gram.
It works consistently and after 1.5 days in nute mix it starts foaming.

Iíve also used GH but itís too costly.

I might try xtreme just to see if N or pk gets absorbed by roots better.

I used to sprinkle on medium during transplant but it causes more problems because itís not water soluble or takes weeks to dissolve enough to not clog up roots.
I have best results just adding it to nute mix,bubble,add some kelp and molasses for food and it produces visable results.

I think when I used GH it did much better by sprinkling on roots or medium because it didnít have the granular texture.

Anyways thanks for replies.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi View Post
Iíve been using VAM,same company that makes Ful-power,and I add a teaspoon to 5 gallons of nutrient mix then bubble it with added humic acid,kelp,and 1-1/2 teaspoons of molasses.
Usually in a day or two a layer of foam appears on surface and it gets applied each feeding or watering,feed every watering.
Unfortunately itís not pure mycorrhizae but mixed with a black powder and other impurities so it can get a bit messy and itís hard on pumps.
I used to sprinkle in on roots or in medium during transplant,according to directions,but it doesnít dissolve and actually screws up transplant.So now I donít sprinkle or dips roots in myco powder additives.
Either itís poor quality mycorrhizae or dipping roots or sprinkling medium in mycorrhizae powder just doesnít work.
Iíve tried it several times and transplants without dipping or sprinkles in medium recover quite faster.
Iíve dug up transplants that were doing so poorly and powder hasnít dissolved and in a sense clogs up root endings.
So are there cleaner,purer or more water soluble mycorrhizae powders?
Iím assuming the added black powder is food for the mycorrhizae or to help increase shelf life?
Go to cannabiogen.com they have a delta 8,9 and 10 product thats is used during veg,trans,and flower respectively...I've never tried it! But have heard and read some reviews on it.....seems people really like it....they have done reaserch and such as well...
Old 03-30-2018, 09:37 PM
Banned

Great White .
Good bang for buck .