Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2017, 03:38 PM

Default Neem for PM

Hi everyone,
I take it PM is powdery mildew? I just harvested a 4th plant infected with PM. I've cleaned entire room filters fans walls etc. with diluted bleach water. Plants sprayed with neem per bottle directions for PM but I keep getting it back. Second cleaning was both rooms veg/bloom all system components likefans filters duct work hoses pumps ac cords everything spic n spanned top to bottom. Still have PM. Temps sty in 75-81F rh below 40%. It never develops on my ssh however. Likes all others tho.
Seems more I cut affected leaves off I may be stirring it into the air doing more harm than good? I drench tops bottoms of leaves every 4 days. Have even wiped leaves with neem dampened soft cloth.
Never had to deal with this before. What am I missing? Want to ask before I pitch all but new cuts to the burn pile and clean all over again.

Thanks in advance....

Last edited by Electro; 11-12-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:52 PM

Some suspect PM to be a systemic, so it follows susceptible clones. The only way I've heard of completely getting rid of it is to make a vat of neem solution and dip the entire plant twice a week until gone.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:14 PM

There's always a sulfur burner option
Old 11-27-2017, 10:51 AM

Default yes

Hey, yes its perfectly safe to use neem up until 2 weeks before harvest. Just make sure its pure and not the shit you get at the hardware. S
.........................Terence McKenna..............................
Old 11-27-2017, 10:59 AM

Default also

You can wash your buds after harvest. Jorge Cervantes has a you tube video explaining it, however pesonly I wouldn't do it myself, but each to there own. Many environmental factors come into play when it comes to pm. Airflow, damp environments, pm spores are tough.clean clean clean. There are just so many factors its to hard to go through them all. Wishing you happy future grows..S
.........................Terence McKenna..............................
Old 11-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi View Post
I've got a few gnats and I was thinking of using neem or azmax on roots 0.4% before I start final flush.
Is there any chance using neem this late on roots only can effect final product?
G `day I

Thing is Neem is not a knock down killer .
Neem interrupts the nervous system of insects . They don`t want to eat or reproduce and eventually starve to death . In the meantime eggs are hatching and mature adults are wandering in circles .
An inspection might lead you to think this shit doesn`t work . Wrong ! It works . Just waaay slower than chems designed to kill bugs .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 11-29-2017, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day I

Thing is Neem is not a knock down killer .
Neem interrupts the nervous system of insects . They don`t want to eat or reproduce and eventually starve to death . In the meantime eggs are hatching and mature adults are wandering in circles .
An inspection might lead you to think this shit doesn`t work . Wrong ! It works . Just waaay slower than chems designed to kill bugs .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
You are talking about aza in the neem here, and not the oil in neem. The oil in neem will suffocate the eggs, larva stages, and adults on contact. Usually a few days after spraying with neem oil, an inspection with a 30x scope shows that the mites are dead or dying. Either raw or refined neem oil will work effectively as a contact killer spray.

Another option late in the game that I used effectively this year for mites and PM is one cup of sugar and one cup of hydrogen peroxide in a gallon of water with a tsp of ag soap/spreader. Spray liberally, all surfaces of the plant. The soap may not kill all the mite eggs, but the sugar and H2O2 will kill larval states and adult mites. And it will kill PM. And it is dirt cheap, non-toxic, organic, and effective. An inspection after spraying some mite infected plants with the 30x scope a day after showed all adult mites had shriveled up to nothing. The plants also love this spray. You can spray this mix right up to harvest time. If you do not like the residual sugar on the leaves, you can spray the plant down with water a day before harvesting, or dip the buds in cold water when harvesting (which is what I do now to get rid of dust, smoke ash from the fires here in summer, and any residual dead bugs and debris). I added refined neem at 3.5 TB per gallon to the sugar+H2O2 spray to make a spray that also kills mite eggs and mites, as well as PM. I had zero PM this year with these sprays.

The other thing about sugar, soap, oil and H2O2 is that the bugs cannot develop any immunity to any of them. They act on them physically to drown, smother, or oxidize them. So you can use them as much as you want, and as liberally as you want, as often as you want. And if it gets all over the place and on me? So what? The sugar can be sticky and attract ants. To prevent ants I use Tanglefoot at the base of my plants. That also prevents mites from crawling up the plants from the soil.

Last edited by Big Sur; 11-29-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:42 PM

Thanks for some usable ideas brah!

Cool runnin
M
Old 12-03-2017, 04:56 AM

No problemo...