Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 AM

Default Can low RH during veg cause defiencies to show?

RH has been 27-40 so until a humidifier shows up,it'll have to stay.Usually in veg the RH gets in the 60-70.
I just transplanted and for the 1st few days they looked great but then the leaves fell limp.A watering helped but they are not up seeking the light but a bit limp.
The upper stalks have turned red along with leaf veins and stems.The higher up the worse the leaves and red veins on under side of leaves.

I'm not sure if maybe there a bit of root shock or humidity is too low.
Usually this strain does great but the leaves look like they are under watered and a bit droopy.

Humidifier comes shortly but does it sound like another problem?

Usually this strain has green stalks and under side of leaves aren't red or purple.
Temps are 73-80,mostly 76.Ph 5.8 and feeding GH floral trio.RH 27-41

Last edited by cbdfan; 12-10-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:18 AM

Hi Mr CBD,
When you did the transplant did you feather out or prune the roots? What media are you using?
I wouldn't be too stressed it just sounds like a bit of transplant shock to me perhaps compounded by low rh.
I would suggest watering with a seaweed/kelp extract and B vitamins ie. Superthrive/rhizotonic, to help relieve the stress.
Just ensure that you water the media thoroughly and evenly. If you haven't already place saucers beneath to allow the moisture to also be drawn from below.
I would avoid strong feeds untill they show signs of recovery as this will only exacerbate the problem.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:28 PM

I've noticed after each feeding/ watering she perks back up for a while then looks like it's under watered.
I got the RH back up to 60 and I'll try some super thrive and let it pool under container.
It's coco/perlite 3:1 mix.I spread the roots out but I didn't cut roots.I soaked root ball in kelp bacteria and I was a bit rough but I usually have only 1 day of leaves not reaching but I may have used too large of a container.
EC in 1.4 and EC out is 1.0 so she eating just has upper purple stalks and leaf stems,which happens when it root bound or fed very little.
I'm guessing another week to 10 days and hopefully she'll get back to healthy.
Thanks

Last edited by cbdfan; 12-11-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:57 PM

She's bouncing back.She is still hungry and using 0.6 ec of nutrients.
She's always been a big eater for such a small pheno.
Letting it bottom feed really helped.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:25 PM

Default RH in CO

I live in CO the humitity is very low here . It doesn't seem to make any difference . Although the plants need watering more. Inside my RH is around 35%. The temp can drop at night which can set off powdery mildew. I just spray with different stuff I get from grow shop. believe it or not outside when the sun starts going down and the temp drops the white pops up on some plants. This is because dry air cools and heats faster than moist air. the Temp here has a difference of about 30 Degrees night and day. Unless its humid.
I now plant in dirt pots have to be watered more than once a day.