Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Default SkunkDoc NFT (Blues) (Biker kush) and some angelheat too :)

Hey folks, everyone was so nice and hospitable here @ the mr nice forum with my angel heart grow i decided to share another run
any comments welcome

6 x GT205 NFT grow tanks
vegging under 1400watts 2x 400 and 1x 600 watt MH
18 plants total
16 seedlings 2 clones
9 x blues (ugorg)
4 x biker kush (karma genetics)
3 x eisbaer (alphakronic)
2 x orange angelheart clones

seedlings are 17 days old
using vitalink max nutes
EC 0.8 for first week
EC currently @ 1.1
4ml of phosphoric acid added to each tank
i do not take pH readings i guess its around 6- 6.5

They are just starting to come into the veg phase , and will start growing quickly now, they should be big enough to flower and sex by preflower (remove males) in 2-3 weeks time and take some cuttings from the remaining plants for possible future motherplants
temps are quite mild this time of year lights on temps 75f lights off 65f

the blues and the biker kush were both very vigorous from germination all seeds were germinated and under the light within 3 days 100% germination, i did remove a few of the weaker looking seedlings that i started as i do not have enough room for all of the seeds i germinated

the eisbaer was slow to germinate and slow growth in the seedling stage i almost gave up on it at one point ,it came good in the end but are still small compared to the others

peace folks
ill update pics soon when they have grown more

Last edited by skunkd0c; 09-22-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:27 AM

nice start , but hey dude :

Quote:
i do not take pH readings i guess its around 6- 6.5
wtf ?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:28 AM

and plz, put those power cables up to the ceiling ... not down there where all water flows .. omg .. !
Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 PM

lol CHRIS SHORTREED

i have not taken ph readings for about 18 years

thanks for the advise on the cables i honestly never considered how dangerous it was , the whole place could erupt into fire at any given moment now i think of it

peace

Last edited by skunkd0c; 06-21-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd0c View Post
lol you could of put both your comments in 1 post

i have not taken ph readings for about 18 years

thanks for the advise on the cables i honestly never considered how dangerous it was , the whole place could erupt into fire at any given moment now i think of it

peace
I'm there on the ph meter ... since I started using ph balanced hydro nutes years ago it's an exercise in "duh!". Just tells you what you already knew.

And the cords ... I'll hazard a guess that they're required to run submerged pumps and the cord itself goes right in the water ... right? That's how mine works anyway.

OK, tongue out of cheek, great start SD, look forward to following this all along. Did you give up your 'skunk pheno' of the angel heart?

cheers,
rabbit
Old 04-07-2012, 02:34 PM

Thanks BR

yep you are right mate, im using standard submersible pumps which sit in the water including the power cable of the pump (240v ac here in the uk)
this is a standard practice as you know, if the sealant were to break down water could be exposed to electricity however i have never seen this happen in over 20 years,
these same pumps are used in fish tanks, if it were to happen in a fish tank your FISH would die lol, so i guess the sealant they use is pretty strong in the pumps
i will confess my grows will never be the most tidy of grows or hi-tec i like to keep things as simple as possible and as little work as possible
efficiency or laziness, take your pick!

i am smoking the skunk haze pheno at the moment i have kept some self s1 seeds so i may bring it back or something similar to it , but i have kept no clones of it so it is in fact gone now, i am keeping the orange as clone, and i have a few s1 of that too

on the ph thing, i found taking readings every few days and adding ph down to keep it at a given level made no difference to the plants so i decided not to bother
i use chelated food vitalink, or canna before that, which again because of the chealted nature of the food ph adjustments are unnecessary ..
i add phosphoric from time to time out of habit , it is not really needed
tap water here is very consistent from area to area, this also makes ph adjustments unnecessary .. anything around 6 to 6.5 is good enough the plants will grow the same

peace
Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 PM

Default electirc

Quote:
Originally Posted by deran View Post
and plz, put those power cables up to the ceiling ... not down there where all water flows .. omg .. !
yo, isnt that how thseeds grew the electric lemon whatever?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Banned

what do you guys do about ph when giving straight water and flushing ?

my ph from tap is 8+ , but when i add nutes it goes 6 to 6.5

i recycle my soiless so i make sure to ph my flush water , and when checking my used soiless ph it is always around the 7 (neutral) mark so im happy with that as thats how it is out of the bag/bale

peace
Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 PM

my starting water has a pH of 7.2 i have not measured it in a long time
i cant measure it now as i have no meter
pH is not something i think about anymore to be honest .. i know others fuss over it a great deal .. each to their own
although i still check EC/CF values , if i didn't things could go wrong

cant say i always flush sometimes i do sometimes i don't see the point i cant really notice a difference
if i was to run them on pure water it would be regular tap water with no ph adjustments for a week or two,
although flushing is a whole other debate in itself , some folk call flushing "staving your plants" lol

peace
Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
what do you guys do about ph when giving straight water and flushing ?

my ph from tap is 8+ , but when i add nutes it goes 6 to 6.5

i recycle my soiless so i make sure to ph my flush water , and when checking my used soiless ph it is always around the 7 (neutral) mark so im happy with that as thats how it is out of the bag/bale

peace
hey bob, for my hydro set ups I really just taper down the nutes then add only straight water (after it sits for 24 hours at least to let the chlorine evaporate) for the last couple of weeks. I don't balance the ph at that point and I don't think it matters, especially that late in flower ... as long as you're not throwing something super high in ph; I think my tapwater is around 9 or 10.

The only time I get fussy about it is on the clone/seedling table where I do use lite nutes and a ph down liquid.