Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned

Guess what? I use them cheap ass paper strips too. All I need is a coupla drops of ph down and it's always around 5.9-ish. Hempy buckets are very forgiving when it comes to ph imo with a range of 5.5 - 6.2ph. I wouldn't rush out to get a ph meter unless it was a recirculating hydro grow, but that's just imo and not gospel.

I notice a big difference in your side by side plants. The soil grow will probably require a different ph. Perhaps some of the soil guys can chime in here, but I've seen soil ph to be 6 or 7 ???

Are you using the same nutes in the side by side too?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Is this not like getting a Ferrari and a Lamborghini then letting them have a race to compare who is quicker after swapping the engine in the Lamborghini for a Fiesta 1.3 diesel.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poco View Post
Is this not like getting a Ferrari and a Lamborghini then letting them have a race to compare who is quicker after swapping the engine in the Lamborghini for a Fiesta 1.3 diesel.
Yea i suppose. Im not gonna go out and buy a whole line of organic nutes to do one side by side test. Like i stated at the beginning of this forum I am Brand new to the hobby and I just wanted to see the difference. Yea I could be growing the Soil plant a HELL of alot better but right now its not my point. Im trying to show how AWESOME these hempy buckets work. An hey I got no problem driving the Fiesta

GM1 yea im using hydro nutes on both plants. Prob not good idea I just wanted to see what would happened.

For any one who has not read thus far: THIS IS NOT A 100% GENUINE LABORATORY GRADE SIDE BY SIDE. I AM A NEW INDOOR GARDENER DOING AN EXPERIMENT. Thanks

I was looking around the house today and found another small fan i forgot i had. Honeywell Super Turbo HT-800 - Cooling fan - black
Was gonna do a mod for a ONA air freshener bucket fan but i got to turning the fan on and noticed it was blowin like a MOfo! Looked online and looks like its about 125 CFM. So i swapped it out with the one i installed on friday and it is cranking! Hooked up the ducting and everything and it's blowing twice as hard!! I think its a success!

Mattkilla420's Hempy Bucket grow!!{OLD}

"All you touch and all you see is all you'll ever be."-
Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 PM

Intresting.

Would you like me to do a soil vs HB experiment with cloned medicine man genetics to prove how much superior soil is for a new grower compared to hydro?

Or I could do one where I push the soil to the limits but not beyond, and not give a flying shit about the HB.

My point I suppose is that you are not really doing any test at all. If anything you are sabotaging the soil grow and promoting the HB. It would appear that you have a bias to this technique from the outset.

I personally have no problem with you preferring the HB, but I do have a problem with you comparing them to a soil grow and trying to make out that one super seeds the other.

As you are new to the growing seen let me give you some tips that will save you having to learn the hard way.

1, Genetics is king. Shit seeds will always sprout shit weed.
2, Environmental control is paramount to a high yield. Ensuring your environment is exactly as it should be will make full use of the potential contained in those super genetic magic beans.
3, Do not over water or under water, and do not over feed or under feed.
4, make sure you keep a track of where in the grow you are to know when to switch or harvest etc.
5, enjoy boom bud.

Things that are completely optional.

Growing mediums and methods.
Food sources and supply.
Researching to know what the fuck you are doing.

Other than that, everyone has the potential to pull 1g/1w.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Banned

What seems to be here are two new members.

One opens up a new thread asking for help and wanting to show us his first crop. Great pics too matt. Keep on growing man

The other has more growing knowledge. Hi Poco and welcome to MNS. What ph would you recommend Matt to have when feeding his soil plants please?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post
What seems to be here are two new members.

One opens up a new thread asking for help and wanting to show us his first crop. Great pics too matt. Keep on growing man

The other has more growing knowledge. Hi Poco and welcome to MNS. What ph would you recommend Matt to have when feeding his soil plants please?
Hi GanjaMan

I use PH 5.9 in soil and hydro. The soil acts as a natural buffer and should raise the PH slightly and the more common hydro mediums tend to have a lower PH, so it will slightly lower the PH. This way I am between 5.9 and 6.3 in soil and between 5.6 and 5.9 in hydro. I find this works well for me.

If I was to make any recommendation to matt's grow I would start with suggesting he learns a bit more about soil mixes and what can actually be achieved with soil if you know what you are doing. A soil only mix is never going to be used by someone who knows about soil growing. Mainly because all gardeners understand the simple principles of air vs moisture in a soil mix.

Moisture is involved in allowing the plant to take up nutrients in a water soluble form. And air is used by the roots system to promote healthy growth. Getting a good balance of air pockets and moisture retention is key to any soil grow. Soil acts as a slow release form of nutrients and relies on the natural process of decomposition, evaporation and capillary action to distribute those nutrients in to the root system. Soil allows you to have nutrients from top to bottom of the root system with plenty of air pockets also from top to bottom. This way the plant is not left fighting gravity as hard by trying to draw all its food and water upwards.

If your soil mix has not taken in to consideration these factors then it is pointless putting a bean in it.

If hydroponics was as good as most in the cannabis community makes out it is then it would be the de facto standard way of growing all our crops and not just weed. It is not for many reasons, and its only outstanding use is in an indoor environment. Nature still beats us hands down I am afraid.

I feel I could go on about cost comparisons and more, but I am not trying to preach what is fundamentally a personal preference.

All the best

Poco

@matt

I am not knocking your grow bro, just the comparison you are trying to make. I hope you get some banging heads from both mediums.

Peace.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hi GanjaMan

I use PH 5.9 in soil and hydro...
Cheers Poco you've been very helpful.

Are there any other soil growers that would use a different ph?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Cheers Poco you've been very helpful.

Are there any other soil growers that would use a different ph?
Not sure if the question was directed at me or the wider community, but being new here I am eager to make posts so I will take a bash at it

Yes there is:

I would even go as far as saying there is circumstances that I would alter my standard water PH.
Deciding on what medium and fertilisers can be a daunting task for someone who has not had much experience in it. And some directions you may choose will require you to make some alterations that will be room, medium or fertiliser dependent rather than universal. I would stabilize anything before I added to my grow within those buffer zones I suggested.
That is when I would refer back to what my ego has now decided to call "Poco's grow technique" and point out number 2; "2, Environmental control is paramount to a high yield. Ensuring your environment is exactly as it should be will make full use of the potential contained in those super genetic magic beans."

I hope you catch on to my witty sense of humour:

PH, as you know is an optional preference.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not sure if the question was directed at me or the wider community...
It was directed at the wider community. You gave me your answer to my question. An answer of 5.9 ph.

I was seeing if any other experienced soil growers would share with our friend mattkilla420 here what ph he should feed his soil plants as he is obviously trying to seek help with his new hobby.

Any other experienced soil growers (wider community) here looking to help out our friend matt feel free. Thanks again.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Gnome

Quote:
It was directed at the wider community. You gave me your answer to my question. An answer of 5.9 ph.

I was seeing if any other experienced soil growers would share with our friend mattkilla420 here what ph he should feed his soil plants as he is obviously trying to seek help with his new hobby.

Any other experienced soil growers (wider community) here looking to help out our friend matt feel free. Thanks again.
SNAKE!