Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM

Cool idea, Matt

I have done 100's of flawed experiments, and I learn a lot every time!

I can tell you now that the hempys will blow away your soil plants you are fine using the nutes that you have in soil, just go REAL easy with the dosing. Like 1 teaspoon grow & 1 tsp boost, 1 tsp b-1/gal; feed-feed-water. The miracle gro bag has a very small nute charge in it, enough to feed seedlings by itself for the first 2-3 weeks under indoor lighting, so you can give them straight water till you see the lil cotyDeLeons yellow & wither.

Best advice I can give is follow hempy's very basic advice on the bukkits, and let the soil pots go DRY. Probably 2or3:1 hempys out yield the soil plants for you is my best guess

You haven't killed them yet, so you must be doing something right!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 PM

thanks all for the encouragement. It's great to see that a young chap like myself is accepted and welcomed amongst it looks like some of the best growers in the world. I dont mind at all u keepin up Ganjaman. this is first of any kind of " grow journal" or anything of that nature. Have Some actuall gardeners journals that i used to fill out with my mom when i was a kid doing the garden plantings every year. But they are in a hard back. My how the times have changed. Now we Keep record and everybody across the world chimes in and helps. Awesome, Simply awesome brothers.

I am so stoked about this grow. Grow baby Grow.
---The Newbie with the Dewbie---
Mattkilla420
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 PM

Cool Weekly update 3-27-12

well after an excellent reccomendation and a day worth of thought, I have decided to add an extraction fan in upper left corner of my closet(pic attached). My temps have been anywhere between 80- 88 degrees. With the unseasonable weather last week and not having turned my a/c on, my room got up to 80 therefore the grow room was around 90. This is a future project and I dont kno when it will be finished(as money is an issue) but it is a must. Anybody know of any used extraction fan or any kind of fan anybodys gettin rid of, Let me know..

After researching and some expert advice i have stopped the watering to every other day. after 24 hrs i checked today and the resevoir was about half full. Did the old tip check and water eventually came out. I have been using the B-1 green as a foilar spray while roots are establishing. start giving them veg nutes next feeding.

Having nothing to do with my experiment, One of my Super Silver seedlings is having a rough time. Looked as only one cotyledon leaf grew and after 8 days not much growth at all. IDK any ideas??

Substantial difference in between the Soil bucket and Hempy bucket. The hempy bucket is a good 2 inches taller and looks very healthy. I believe the roots have hit the res, therefore veg nutes next feeding. I have been feeding the seedlings a mix of 2tsp sugar daddy and 2tsp root 66 per 1 gallon of water. they seem to love it with a combo of the foilar spray.

Aside from my proposed project getting under way things seem to be going great. Will post again soon with an update..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-27-12 Mgirl 1.jpg (382.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 3-27-12 MGIRL SOIL.jpg (334.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3-27-12.jpg (357.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3-27-12 SUPERSILVER, runt.jpg (614.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3-27-12 PROPOSED EXTRACTION FAN SITE.jpg (186.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3-27-12 4.jpg (292.7 KB, 5 views)

Mattkilla420's Hempy Bucket grow!!{OLD}

"All you touch and all you see is all you'll ever be."-
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM

Matt-O

You can cut the hole for the fan/ducting anywhere on that wall between 2 studs ~12" down from the ceiling. Try to stay out from the edges some as it will be easier to work 'in the middle'. Look for any electrical outlets on the opposing wall. If there are any under where you want to cut the hole, cut it somewhere's else

Soil plant looks either overfed or overwatered. I would recco letting it go dry, and just plain water, then letting it go dry again. No real need to foliar feed just yet, but if the hempy plant keeps growing fast, it won't hurt.

The fukked up seedling is either going to make it, or it won't <---Quality advice right thuuurrrr...

PS, general rule of thumb on when to start feeding seedlings in any medium for me is to wait till the lil 'fake leaves' turn yellow and die. They are there to supply the plant with all that it needs to get going.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM

Hmmm not a very fair or good comparison but if you are new you wouldn't know that. Pat will set you on the path, although I don't agree 100% with his advice. Seedlings can take light feedings and you can keep the first set of leaves green if you're on top of your game. No need to let anything go yellow and die until the end of the plant's life. The only advice I would add is that hempy's IMO are more for flowering plants and soil is more for mother plants. Keep the moms in organic soil and let the slower growth rate work in your favor. Take clones and put them in hempy buckets and flower them out when they are ready. You will have a mother, a constant supply of clones, and enough cannabis to keep yourself medicated. You will learn a great deal about both styles of growing from this experiment.

M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.

Last edited by Morphote; 03-28-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Seedlings can take light feedings and you can keep the first set of leaves green if you're on top of your game. No need to let anything go yellow and die until the end of the plant's life
Not leaves, cotyledons (fake leaves ). His soil plant looks hot & the cotyledons are still very green.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphote View Post
Hmmm not a very fair or good comparison but if you are new you wouldn't know that. Pat will set you on the path, although I don't agree 100% with his advice. Seedlings can take light feedings and you can keep the first set of leaves green if you're on top of your game. No need to let anything go yellow and die until the end of the plant's life. The only advice I would add is that hempy's IMO are more for flowering plants and soil is more for mother plants. Keep the moms in organic soil and let the slower growth rate work in your favor. Take clones and put them in hempy buckets and flower them out when they are ready. You will have a mother, a constant supply of clones, and enough cannabis to keep yourself medicated. You will learn a great deal about both styles of growing from this experiment.

M.
Thanks dude. yea pat has already got me on my way to bigger n better things before i even Harvested my 1st crop. Excellent info on the mother plant. This is why i am glued to this site. Taking in as much as i can. I already have blueprints on a veg room hope to get it up in next month or two. now what kind of affordable( not looking to spend more than 100) light would be best for A veg room. I was thinkin of goin CFL possibly 2 125 watters. Prob wont be veggin more than 4-8 plants at one time. anyone know of some used lighting for sale?

Now as for the watering pat im gonna keep this project as simple as possible. Same water at same time for both plants. It might end up dying or whatever but for easy sake, there getting the same thing. NOt striving to see how big i can get soil plant just wanting to see with same set factors how much more the hempy buckets grows. Thanks again guys.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
Thanks dude. yea pat has already got me on my way to bigger n better things before i even Harvested my 1st crop. Excellent info on the mother plant. This is why i am glued to this site. Taking in as much as i can. I already have blueprints on a veg room hope to get it up in next month or two. now what kind of affordable( not looking to spend more than 100) light would be best for A veg room. I was thinkin of goin CFL possibly 2 125 watters. Prob wont be veggin more than 4-8 plants at one time. anyone know of some used lighting for sale?

Now as for the watering pat im gonna keep this project as simple as possible. Same water at same time for both plants. It might end up dying or whatever but for easy sake, there getting the same thing. NOt striving to see how big i can get soil plant just wanting to see with same set factors how much more the hempy buckets grows. Thanks again guys.
the 2 125 watt cfls would run you almost as much as a 4 ft 4 bank t5 setup , id spend the little bit extra for a t5 , then if need be for a larger mother maybe in the future you could have the t5 up top and small cheap cfls hanger lower surounding the sides
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 PM

Cool t5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post
the 2 125 watt cfls would run you almost as much as a 4 ft 4 bank t5 setup , id spend the little bit extra for a t5 , then if need be for a larger mother maybe in the future you could have the t5 up top and small cheap cfls hanger lower surounding the sides
a t5 eh? Yea the two 125 watt cfls was a thought by me(the noob) thats why i was wondering what would be sufficient and in a decent price range. The veg room is 2.5x2.5x8 but of course the lights could be suspended at any height. And wont be more than prob 4-8 plants at time. Looking for something that doesnt run quite so hot.

The t5 looks sweet but hell wouldnt i just buy another 150 watt HPS for 80 bucks is what i got my 1st one for. Thanks epic!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Banned

proper horticulture cfls work fine , and a t5 setup is great
id go with either if heat is a concearn

but when heat is not an issue you wont beat a MH (not HPS) for vegging

i use less mh and more cfl in summer months and the other way around in winter

EDIT , a 2 ft 4 bank t5 would go nice in there and give off very little heat , but , be aware , t5's and cfls do give off heat , not as much as HID lighting , but a lot more then the manufacturers let on

Last edited by b0b_b1tch1n; 03-28-2012 at 11:36 PM.