Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 05:29 AM

Cannabis prefers higher temperatures and has peak photosynthesis at 84-88F, but you'll still be fine with temps in the low 70's, but faster growth can be achieved with warmer temps.

The night time temps are too low as well. If you can keep your day and night temperature difference smaller then you'll get less stretch, so heat up the room at night closer to your day time operating temperature.

Im glad your hempy buckets are doing well. Even though this comparison has gone to crap, one could say Hempy buckets are more user friendly for first time growers.

If you ever want to continue with soil grows, I would suggest you ditch the Miracle Gro, and switch to higher quality brands such as Fafards, Berger, or Premier. I use Premier Bx with an added biological fungicide, and its amazing at protecting roots from root pathogens. Soil-less media is all I grow in, so if you ever have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 PM

High Matt

If those slat's on your doors have gaps in them, you should cover them.

ATB

Poco
"Norm Franz"
Quote:
Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
"?"
Quote:
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote:
Hence it comes about that all armed Prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed Prophets have been destroyed.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poco View Post
High Matt

If those slat's on your doors have gaps in them, you should cover them.

ATB

Poco
yea dude . Go back and read the thread grow room construction you'll see i had plain black poly hanging in there.(bc light was coming thru big time) and i changed it out with panda paper. I will try not to let the temps get too low.

Mattkilla420's Hempy Bucket grow!!{OLD}

"All you touch and all you see is all you'll ever be."-
Old 04-08-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
yea dude . Go back and read the thread grow room construction you'll see i had plain black poly hanging in there.(bc light was coming thru big time) and i changed it out with panda paper. I will try not to let the temps get too low.
I must have missed that thread being new. I will locate that one to see what I have missed.
"Norm Franz"
Quote:
Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
"?"
Quote:
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote:
Hence it comes about that all armed Prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed Prophets have been destroyed.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
again i ask temps here have been a little chilly outside the plants are staying at 64 when lights off and 70-73 when lights on. is this okay??
Hi Matt, you'll find some great info on temps here...
A guide to temperature in the Cannabis( marijuana ) Grow room

Personally I like to try and keep my day temps around late 70's - early 80's(F) and night temps usually fall around 5 - 10F lower than day temps.

GM1
Old 04-09-2012, 04:48 AM

Cool quik update.

a quick update if i may. Things have been going awesome. So awesome that the plants are overcrowding this shelf. so i took it out and dropped everybody to the floor. Before i did so, i took a measurement of the distance from plant to bulb and it was 18". I dropped plants to floor and compensated and plants are 18" from bulb. Was this the correct thing to do. heres a couple of pics. In doing this i am doubling my grow area and it seems when i dropped the light i am shining alot brighter on all the plants.! Temps have been 74 aT night and 78 during the day simply beautiful. Will update with much mote specifics in a few days..

dropped the light moved power cables and took out shelf!!

Everybody is in their final Positions!!

I transplanted the small solo cup of White widow x Big Bud into a larger 10 liter bucket with a perlite:vermiculite mix.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 AM

How close should i Have my light to the plants? Now three of these are a week apart and im trying to get the younger ones to catch up. I put bricks underneath them to raise them up closer to the light just a bit. Is this okay. Or would i want them further down to grow taller toward the light? anyonne who can answr i would appreciate it. I am in the middle of fan and +light shopping. Looks like veg room might be ready in time to cut clones in few weeks!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:34 AM

18 inches is too far for a 150HPS. When I was using 400w, I would keep it around 12 inches away. Move your bulb closer for better results, but it'll shrink your footprint. You really have too many plants for a light that size.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Banned

Hi Matt. Jonny's right about the light/distance and plant count, but this is a great learning curve for you.

Place your hand over the canopy with the back of your hand facing the light. If your hand feels uncomfortable then your plants are too close. I'd guess with a 150w you can get away with about 6 inches above the canopy, but watch for the footprint too.

Yeah, you might get a problem with overcrowding in a coupla weeks time, like this...

However, these plants (4 x Hempy buckets and 1 x coco plant pot) have been lst'd, pruned and deleafed which is why they're short and bushy, like this...

Currently vegging under a 250w hps. Gonna flower them in a few days time in a bigger area with 400w hps.

GM1

Last edited by ganja man1; 04-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 PM

Wink 4-11-12 Day29 Veg

Well things are great here from VEG land. The Mountaingirls seem to be slowing down on the Growing. The 2.5 gal Mgirl is taking a liking to that larger pot. Look at the difference in plant structure and everything between the two.

Some pretty big fingers on this bad girl.. The colors in her are beautiful!

This one is sad but in no way a true mark of my growing ability. Remember i added Hydro nutes to A fertilized soil. Not a good idea!!!

This is the one i transplanted like 2-3 days ago. Absolutly no shock, or so i can see! Seems to have grown a half inch today. I know starting in solo cups and transplanting is not reccomended but it worked ok for me.

And the two supersilver. 2nd one is the runt.

I have been keeping the same watering cycle evry other day but as they are drinking more i think i will switch to 2x every 3 days. Watering soil plant about every 3-4 days. Temperatures have been at a constant low 68 and high 78. with humidity staying anywhere between 35-50 %. The light is about 16-18 Inches from the plants in order to provide adequate light for all plants.

Now i was wondering if somebody can give me a heads up about what im supposed to look for to go into flowering. Now the 3 smaller plants are the feminized ones and the genetic bought so they are really the ones i care about and want to have some size on them and produce more. I been told the larger Mgirls could already be taken to flowerin but like i said i wanna get some size on the others. Any heads up would be appreciated. Here links to stuff i got other day.

New Wave 24 T5
4" Inline Fan with Carbon Filter
and some bulbs!