MNS Forums

MNS Forums (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/)
-   14. Indoor (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor/)
-   -   deleaf vid (https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor/9351-deleaf-vid.html)

tazmcd 03-01-2012 12:42 AM

deleaf vid

howdy , jorge c has a small vid on de leaf . leave leaves alone its called ,it explains the reasons not to de leaf in a few minutes ,l would post it but im a idoit with comps could someone post it up if they find it so noobs can see it peace t you tube

b0b_b1tch1n 03-01-2012 12:58 AM

Sensimilla13 03-01-2012 01:06 AM

How do like them apples?
Sensi

Critical MASSiah 03-01-2012 01:07 AM

After watching that video (1st time i've ever seen J. Cervantes, ever) I am CONVINCED that Jorge Cervantes and Ted Nugent are directly related.

Just sayin' :D

"Keep the leaves ON!"

All the best,

CM

zigzag 03-01-2012 01:28 AM

I'm sorry but Jorge is a peace loving hippy and Ted Nugent is an anti drug right wing nut job. It is an insult to Jorge to compare him to that nutsack.

jwf 03-01-2012 02:02 AM

Cambridge Journals Online - Abstract

An article which supports defoliation in certain plants, however it has not been critically analyzed, or has it? (you bet I have). A small bone for GM1 to choke upon. Back to the ether for me.

Sensimilla13 03-01-2012 03:36 AM

I only had to read the first few lines to know that it is not very applicable because just as barley above, all these plants are monocots. Cannabis is a dicot. Before anyone says monocot and dicot plant classification isn't used any more in a rigorous way...I can assure you there are huge differences in physiology and response to environmental conditions between grasses (monocots like barley and the ones intje paper above) and dicot plants like cannabis.

Plus, all you have to do is pull some fan leaves from a branch and watch the bud hit the pause button.

Sensi

jwf 03-01-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 (Post 153980)
I only had to read the first few lines to know that it is not very applicable because just as barley above, all these plants are monocots. Cannabis is a dicot. Before anyone says monocot and dicot plant classification isn't used any more in a rigorous way...I can assure you there are huge differences in physiology and response to environmental conditions between grasses (monocots like barley and the ones intje paper above) and dicot plants like cannabis.

Plus, all you have to do is pull some fan leaves from a branch and watch the bud hit the pause button.

Sensi

Couldnt agree more Sensilillia13.

b0b_b1tch1n 03-01-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nor1 (Post 154047)
sorry jorge...

side by side test or your "read this anywhere" comment

is just hear say

also big difference indoor vs out as well as

strain dependent<--

side by side tests have been done to DEATH !

simply put , pulling off leaves is idiotic

why wont people just listen ? espesially when scientific PROOF has been given

peace :cool:

ganja man1 03-01-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nor1 (Post 154047)
sorry jorge...

side by side test or your "read this anywhere" comment

is just hear say

also big difference indoor vs out as well as

strain dependent<--

This is true (well almost). I would NEVER de-leaf an outdoor crop if I grew outdoors.

Also, I've NEVER seen an indoor side by side done. If someone can point me in the direction of a side by side (pics, vids etc) then I would be most grateful.

Also, when de-leafing indoors, you MUST start from early veg. This is so that you can prepare the plant during the veg stage. Starting deleafing when the plant has already gone into flower is a big NO NO. Indoor de-leafing done properly is good for any cannabis strain, indica or sativa IMO (I'm talking cannabis which is the only plant I grow. Other plants (such as cactus etc) may vary lol.

This plant has been deleafed loads before she went into flower...
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/g...-10-flower.jpg
When she went into flower she still had loads of leaves. They do grow back as you can see in my pic. And she'll be deleafed again later on because her buds are starting to develop. In an indoor garden, you wanna get the light hitting them budsites. Outdoor is a totally different ball game :)