Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Banned

Billy, you grow trees with full on hydroponics and a ton of light, along with different strains.

If we had the same amount of light, same strain, grown in the same medium, vegged for say 8 weeks. My plant would have much more budsites than yours
Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

here is something i have posted in the past and will now post again ,,,,,

the leaves are your plants solar panel so to speak and also your plants sugar factory so who in thier right mind would want to remove them ? would you remove 2 spark plug wires from your car and expect it to perform better ?

when you remove leaves the plant grows new ones trying to replace the lost ones , well that takes energy , energy that would be better spent on other areas of growth

cutting leaves will result in release of stress hormones. Most people who argue fervently otherwise think they know what they're talking about, they don't. All your leaves should be absorbing light. Even the leaves below collect light

if you prune during flowering then you will get leafy bud as the plant tries to replace the removed leaves

people keep saying do side by side or id like to see a side by side , well if you have grown long enough you will have already done it , its been DONE TO DEATH , and yes ive done it , i get better fuller , denser , bigger , heavier buds WHEN I DONT PRUNE LEAVES

ive harvested plants with huge fan leaves and the lower buds were all the same size and weight (some were covered by a leaf and some were not)

ive surounded plants with light from top to bottom and the lower buds REMAIN SMALL , they are small because the plants send thier shit to the high spots , proof of that is on every branch , the top/end bud is always biggest , even when any below it are recieving un-shaded light

im about to harvest plants grown with lights hung vert , the top buds are biggest even though the lower ones are exactly the same distance from the light

simply put , it isnt leaves causeing any slower/smaller growth , its just naturally the way your plants grow

but by all meens , if you want to stress your plants , grow leafy buds , remove your plants solar panels and sugar factories then go for it

each to thier own

peace
Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 PM

seems you done your home work....lol
I thought you used hydro too?
I also use relativly low levels of light and power.
And I think the small investment in time and equipment to change from passive to highflow active hydro is a good trade off compared to deleafing plants to slow them down and force branching, which is all deleafing does. Side lighting forces branching, and a 40 pond pump creates more dissolved oxygen than the plant needs. So after 5 weeks I can have a plant ready to flip with masses of budsites, and is around 5ft tall and the same in diameter. Then I can start to prune sucker growth so all the energy is used by the colas.
If you learn to understand principles of plant growth you can design your grow room around them, making for faster growing plants with bigger buds. And quicker turnarounds of harvests. People have been doing this for years, and using refractometers helped people learn the importance of leaves, so now leaves are tucked out of the way instead of removed... Its pretty old news really...
Peace
BL
PS I did the side by side's about 5yfs bc (before cameras...!)
Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Liar View Post
seems you done your home work....lol
I thought you used hydro too?
I also use relativly low levels of light and power.
And I think the small investment in time and equipment to change from passive to highflow active hydro is a good trade off compared to deleafing plants to slow them down and force branching, which is all deleafing does. Side lighting forces branching, and a 40 pond pump creates more dissolved oxygen than the plant needs. So after 5 weeks I can have a plant ready to flip with masses of budsites, and is around 5ft tall and the same in diameter. Then I can start to prune sucker growth so all the energy is used by the colas.
If you learn to understand principles of plant growth you can design your grow room around them, making for faster growing plants with bigger buds. And quicker turnarounds of harvests. People have been doing this for years, and using refractometers helped people learn the importance of leaves, so now leaves are tucked out of the way instead of removed... Its pretty old news really...
Peace
BL
PS I did the side by side's about 5yfs bc (before cameras...!)
If you deleafed your plants in one of your modded up krusty buckets, then you'd have much more budsites I reckon. Still, I do like your trees man
Old 03-01-2012, 10:09 PM

I agree, but my point is, there is a trade off, and the trade off is TIME!
Peace
BL
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Liar View Post
cheers sensi mate. I've been well informed that cannabis like tobbacco acts as a c4 type photosythesis plant when in hydro such as passive or actve type systems. Could you clarify this?
Peace
BL
I don't know for sure TBH if it is C3 or C4 because i havent seen any scientific data. I got the C3 reference from Ed Rosenthal. What I do know is that plants can't Be both C3 and C4. This is genetically programmed and not impacted by environmental conditions.

The first sentence of the intro (not the abstract) clearly states this. If something newer came out I am unaware of it.

http://www.es.ucsc.edu/~pkoch/EART_2...%20112-285.pdf

Cheers,
Sensi

I want to leave one lasting message for JessE "manipulating posts" moderator...

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post
So what you're saying is that my plant is healthy and scraggly

I must ask myself if I can trust that you would do the side by side fairly. You're one of the guys who goes around hitting the "like" button when people attack me after all so please forgive me if I show you lack of trust.

Got a pic of the plants you wanna do the side by side with? Full plant pics in their growing area would be a great help. I need to know lights too for cloning, veg and flower.
What I liked about the posts was the information that was given I agreed with, not the personal attacks against you. I don't blame you for not being completely able to trust me, but due to the fact that we don't know each other not that I have done something untrust worthy on the forum. I basically stated that you could set the terms for this experiment and I am currently doing three other grow threads. So if you want to know what I consider a grow log to be, feel free to check them out anytime. This experiment was intended to be conducted fairly to further expierence and knowledge, not to be manipulated to favor one side or the other.

All that BS aside, you being so defensive and quick to judge my character tells me that I can assume that no matter how hard I try to make this fair you'll still find a reason why I didn't do a good enough job representing your method. Beyond you, I don't know anyone else on this forum either. I'm not a groupie following someone around hiding behind a "Like" button and if you don't like the answers you get from a question you asked then don't ask them. I meant your plant was green but that you shouldn't have stripped the fan leaves off. I cant explain it better than that. No one is here to coddle your pride and agree with everything you say. Ive seen the same amount of criticism from your posts about other peoples opinions as they have about yours. Watch being a hypocrite.

Obviously my suggestion was a huge mistake, sorry for making it. Do your thing bro and good luck with it. Im gonna end this before it gets any worse.

Last edited by TonyG; 03-01-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Ill probably regret even participating in this thread, but GanjaMan, what are the benefits you feel are derived from defoliation?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:33 PM

hi J.R

iv'e been thinking about this leaf lark lately and was wandering what everyone thinks about removing foliage if a plants root bound. equal out the root/leaf ratio, less to support?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesk View Post
hi J.R

iv'e been thinking about this leaf lark lately and was wandering what everyone thinks about removing foliage if a plants root bound. equal out the root/leaf ratio, less to support?
I no longer believe in 'rootbound' after having plants in small containers for extended periods of time. The plants looked great and grew just fine as long as I kept them fed and watered. The only drawback was they grew smaller and lateral branching was reduced.

If you feel your ladies need a repot, just move them up in size. I dont defoliate, and the few advantage(s) Ive often heard attributed to it can easily be duplicated without removing fan leaves.

Last edited by Jonny Rotten; 03-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Closed Thread