Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 View Post
I only had to read the first few lines to know that it is not very applicable because just as barley above, all these plants are monocots. Cannabis is a dicot. Before anyone says monocot and dicot plant classification isn't used any more in a rigorous way...I can assure you there are huge differences in physiology and response to environmental conditions between grasses (monocots like barley and the ones intje paper above) and dicot plants like cannabis.

Plus, all you have to do is pull some fan leaves from a branch and watch the bud hit the pause button.

Sensi
we'll be talking about the calvin benson cycle next, doesn't that happen in leaves...... LOL
So sensi, is cannabis a C3 or a C4 type? This refers to carbon fixing during photosyntesis in leaves afaik...
Peace
BL
  #22  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
omg , many MANY MANY of us proved it long before the internet and LONG before beginners like you started asking for pics and vids

Again, you refer to me as a beginner, but you have no idea how long I've been growing.

it has been scientifically PROVEN by biologists and horticulturalists MANY times , google it and LEARN something insted of spouting off your nonsense

why dont you show us all some SCIENTIFIC PROOF that claims your method is better ? when searching for proof you will find all sorts of articals PROVING you should keep the leaves

First of all I don't do science. I grow weed. I'm not interested in lengthy articles full of latin words. I'm interested in visual proof. Pics and vids etc. That kind of thing.


stop argueing because there has been proof posted all over this forum and others and you simply refuse to believe it

You're the one who should stop arguing. In fact, I find you so argumentative and insultive that this will be the last time I respond to you.

you keep mentioning "your" guru has been growing for 3 decades , well SO HAVE I , and i was pulling leaves back when you werent even born yet , but thats because i didnt know any better , back then most growers believed what you believe today , BUT ,,,,, we have now and long ago been shown reasons and proof why to not believe what you believe

He's not "my" guru. You say that you've been growing for 3 decades too but so far I've not seen anything from you that shows this. All I've seen is your botm entry and the seedlings in your gallery. Have you got any pics of big plants please?

stop argueing , you have been given the proof you keep asking for , you just ignore it every time

peace
Again, I'm not arguing. You are. You haven't given me any proof that de-leafing is bad for the plants. I on the other hand, have given you PICS that deleafing is good.

@GoodBuddy: I know it's not about looking poorly, but someone came into my thread and said that my plants look "poorly". So I ask again. Do you or anyone else think that the plant I posted in this thread looks poorly, yes or no? Not trying to start a shitstorm, just looking for some feedback.
  #23  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,044
Default

Hey GM1,

I will admitt that I also disagree with your point of views about defoliation. I wouldnt be able to express my beliefs on the subject better than bob or sensi has, so I wont try. Yes, your plant looks healthy in your pic but also looks scraggly to me. Scraggly for lack of a better word. And thats as critical as I will be on the matter. What you do in your grow room doesnt affect what goes on in mine.

I do understand what your are trying to say, however. About your firm beliefs on the subject. Which brings me to offering a side by side, that I will do a grow log for everyone to see and judge the themselves. I will do 2 plants of the same strain, one exactly how you tell me to do it and the other how I usually grow it. I would need some more info on your method as Im aware you probably do some things habitually, like a lot of people, that doesnt get explained in detail. I have plants at 6 inches tall right now I can start immediately. I will let you determine veg time and everything else should be pretty straight forward.

If you or anyone else does not want me to do this experiment, then entertaining the ide as is as far as I will go with it.

Peace
  #24  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Hey GM1,

I will admitt that I also disagree with your point of views about defoliation. I wouldnt be able to express my beliefs on the subject better than bob or sensi has, so I wont try. Yes, your plant looks healthy in your pic but also looks scraggly to me. Scraggly for lack of a better word. And thats as critical as I will be on the matter. What you do in your grow room doesnt affect what goes on in mine.

I do understand what your are trying to say, however. About your firm beliefs on the subject. Which brings me to offering a side by side, that I will do a grow log for everyone to see and judge the themselves. I will do 2 plants of the same strain, one exactly how you tell me to do it and the other how I usually grow it. I would need some more info on your method as Im aware you probably do some things habitually, like a lot of people, that doesnt get explained in detail. I have plants at 6 inches tall right now I can start immediately. I will let you determine veg time and everything else should be pretty straight forward.

If you or anyone else does not want me to do this experiment, then entertaining the ide as is as far as I will go with it.

Peace
So what you're saying is that my plant is healthy and scraggly

I must ask myself if I can trust that you would do the side by side fairly. You're one of the guys who goes around hitting the "like" button when people attack me after all so please forgive me if I show you lack of trust.

Got a pic of the plants you wanna do the side by side with? Full plant pics in their growing area would be a great help. I need to know lights too for cloning, veg and flower.
  #25  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in ur mama
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Hey GM1,

I will admitt that I also disagree with your point of views about defoliation. I wouldnt be able to express my beliefs on the subject better than bob or sensi has, so I wont try. Yes, your plant looks healthy in your pic but also looks scraggly to me. Scraggly for lack of a better word. And thats as critical as I will be on the matter. What you do in your grow room doesnt affect what goes on in mine.

I do understand what your are trying to say, however. About your firm beliefs on the subject. Which brings me to offering a side by side, that I will do a grow log for everyone to see and judge the themselves. I will do 2 plants of the same strain, one exactly how you tell me to do it and the other how I usually grow it. I would need some more info on your method as Im aware you probably do some things habitually, like a lot of people, that doesnt get explained in detail. I have plants at 6 inches tall right now I can start immediately. I will let you determine veg time and everything else should be pretty straight forward.

If you or anyone else does not want me to do this experiment, then entertaining the ide as is as far as I will go with it.

Peace
thats awesome that you are willing to risk losing yeild , money , and time on this experiment , but please be advised that gm1 is not someone you should take advice/instruction from , there are many others who use his method and have been for a long time , but gm1 himself is admitedly new to it , he came here not long ago admitting he was "learning" and seeking advice , jump forward not very far to today and now he rambles on like some sort of expert

imo i wouldnt risk it if i were you , and remember , for years i grew his way and over the many many years i have done side by sides , even within the last couple years , and NEVER has a defoliated plant done better , the opposite infact

peace and best of luck whatever you deside
  #26  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Sensimilla13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Liar View Post
we'll be talking about the calvin benson cycle next, doesn't that happen in leaves...... LOL
So sensi, is cannabis a C3 or a C4 type? This refers to carbon fixing during photosyntesis in leaves afaik...
Peace
BL
Hey BL,
As far as I know it is a C3 plant and yes it describes the type of compound produced during photosynthesis, phosphoglycerate (C3) or oxaloacetate (C4). Here is some basic info.

Types of Photosynthesis

All this info is a little more detailed than necessary...when you remove fan leaves you instantly reduce the photosynthetic capacity significantly. While elemental nutrients are required for plant growth and development most nutrients are not needed to "fix" carbons...or capture it from the atmosphere as co2. All the subsequent reactions that are dependent on enzymes most certainly require elemental nutrients.

Indoor/ outdoor anywhere you want...the more photosynthesis the better (under healthy growing conditions). Also, another often over-looked aspect of defoliating is that leaves act as huge storage reserves for sugar, nitrogen and other compounds that are used to feed growing seed at the end of the life-cycle. In the case of sinsemilla the nutrients are like used for resin production and further flower growth.

One last word...trimming up the bottom that is under the canopy is different because you remove the the shoot that is also associated with each fan leaf. Plus this is beneficial to the canopy and then one also doesn't have to trim up scraggly popcorn!

Cheers,
Sensi
__________________
Chapter 69.51a RCW compliant

I want to leave one lasting message for JessE "manipulating posts" moderator...

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!
  #27  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in ur mama
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post
Again, I'm not arguing. You are. You haven't given me any proof that de-leafing is bad for the plants. I on the other hand, have given you PICS that deleafing is good.

@GoodBuddy: I know it's not about looking poorly, but someone came into my thread and said that my plants look "poorly". So I ask again. Do you or anyone else think that the plant I posted in this thread looks poorly, yes or no? Not trying to start a shitstorm, just looking for some feedback.
you have NOT given me pics that deleafing is good , you give pics of plants that look like they could fall over at any time , you have posted up pics of 3 foot plants with a stalk that is lucky to be as round as a pencil for crying out loud , and you claim i havent given you proof that deleafing is bad , ARE YOU BLIND !!!!! CAN YOU NOT READ ????

and you have the nerv to call other members n00b , i guess you are the black pot after all

say hi to the kettle for us

peace

EDIT : well said Sensimilla13

Last edited by b0b_b1tch1n; 03-01-2012 at 09:22 PM.
  #28  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 130
Default

ok no-one biting on the calvin benson cycle???
If i'm right what gm1's method is supposed to achieve is... If you remove fans from a young or vegging plant, then the plant will stunt and force energy to the new growth/young branches (because the plant needs to get back its fans). Which as gm1 states become budsites, so he is in fact creating more budsites, although this is a trade off for longer veg times, which decreases productivity. He has shown us his plants vegged for 6 weeks, so why don't we all show him what our plants look like after 6 weeks of veg? I know mine with no defoliation or pruning have a lot more budsites than his.
So c'mon folks get your six week veg shots out for the lads.... LOL
Peace
BL
  #29  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 130
Default

cheers sensi mate. I've been well informed that cannabis like tobbacco acts as a c4 type photosythesis plant when in hydro such as passive or actve type systems. Could you clarify this?
Peace
BL
  #30  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in ur mama
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Liar View Post
ok no-one biting on the calvin benson cycle???
If i'm right what gm1's method is supposed to achieve is... If you remove fans from a young or vegging plant, then the plant will stunt and force energy to the new growth/young branches (because the plant needs to get back its fans). Which as gm1 states become budsites, so he is in fact creating more budsites, although this is a trade off for longer veg times, which decreases productivity. He has shown us his plants vegged for 6 weeks, so why don't we all show him what our plants look like after 6 weeks of veg? I know mine with no defoliation or pruning have a lot more budsites than his.
So c'mon folks get your six week veg shots out for the lads.... LOL
Peace
BL
oh damn , your gunna make me (and possibly others) sprout some beans now arent you , i wont have room for them if i sprout some now , and normally only veg until pre flower 4 weeks to MAYBE 6 weeks if needed , but ill soon pop some seeds and let em go a full 6 weeks into veg if you still want me to when i open some space for em

peace
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL