Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 PM
SativaFan

Default Ssh X Ssh

I'm done with this thread

Last edited by SativaFan; 08-31-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 AM

Hey SF, good to read you and thanks for outlining your project in such depth for us to share.

Still trying to decipher your sig line. If you wanna chat about it pm me, as you belong here as much as anywhere else man, if not more so!!

Be safe

A
Old 05-14-2008, 11:01 PM

C'mon man, there is no "in crowd" around here, just an assortment of stoners

A
Old 05-16-2008, 09:43 PM
barletta

Hey bro that's cool that you have the seeds going before momma's done . I made a similar cross, and will be checkin these out. I had 1 female that seemed close to the way that you described momma, and she was my favorite out of 3 females. Could you describe the male in relation to the females? Vigor, color, height, smell, indy/sat dominance, structure (branchy/singlecola), smell in veg/flower, resin??, any distinguishing characteristics? Did he remind you a whole lot of any of the females that you finished? Sorry for all of the Q's, but I loved the SSH, and think that my nl/haze dom pheno is something special. I hope her babies get that same "FUNK".

BTW, I think growing organically, and being in tune with your plants is definitely "The Best Way" lol
Old 05-16-2008, 11:52 PM
barletta

Yeah man that sucks about the 'over' pollination. I had 2 spaces set up on my last seed run for 12/12, and was forced (in a good way lol) to keep 2 females in with the boys. Stand up shower w/2 125 w envirolights suspended vertically, mylar on 3 sides. NO ventilation. That caused mold on my soil, and I assume some slowed growth, but kept the pollen contained. But when I moved my SSH male out, he spurted ALL OVER my only spice female. The seeds crushed my yield, it was probably 30% of what it should have been. Even the plants that I intentionally pollinated suffered quite a bit in yield. I guess it takes a lot of energy to make seeds.

Thanks for answering all those Q's about the male. I am no breeder, I just did my first bunch of crosses, but the SSH male that I had had very desirable traits from what I saw. I should be poppin mine over the summer, I'll post pics when I do.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:24 AM
barletta

You are going to love the Mycorrhizal fungi (Mykes). The let you use less nutes, and give the plant resistance to would be stressful situations. I won't grow anything without Plant Success. Mykes are like organic steroids.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:19 AM
barletta

SF, I dropped 4 seeds (sshxssh) from a momma that seems similar to yours. Don't be stingy with the updates
Old 06-08-2008, 09:27 PM

Looking good my friend

You seem to be quite busy with the sshxssh seeds you made. I believe if you grow enough plants from these seeds there is definitely something special to be found.

Thanks for sharing all the pics..the plants look healthy and happy..keep up the good work mate

Have fun
l33t
Old 06-10-2008, 04:14 AM
barletta

Lookin good SF. I have 4 sshxssh goin myself, but they are just lil shits right now lol. I slipped and ended up with 3 more ssh (f1) seedlings, 1 of which has the skinniest leaves that I've ever seen, but they are only 2-3 wks old, so I may be in for a ride....

Have you noticed the SSH changing BIG time from seedplant to cut? All 3 of mine from the spring are drastically different. The plant that wasn't quite finished @ ~100 days is DONE at 8 weeks. The buds look way diff too, instead of fluffy, running foxtails, she has HARD lil nugs. The other pheno's have changed too, the other Sk/haze now looks like a Sk/Nl, and the Nl/haze that was done @ ~11 wks (the seed momma) looks like shit for 9 wks, may go near 100 days. I dunno, rambling...your plants look great as usual!!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:35 AM
barletta

Wow that SSH is a monster!!! Is that the seedplant? I just cut the 1st of my 1st round of ssh cuts, and they are all way different than their respective mommas. The 1 I cut today, her momma looked a lot like that (your #6) plant, not ready when I chopped her around 95 days. The cut is done in 8 weeks. I can't believe it. Went from a big yielding long loose sativa, to a light yielding, tall lil TIGHT buds, and fast. Now I am revegging her.... Your crosses look good, I have 4 ssh x ssh that are kind of being neglected due to the 'cough....outdoor activity...cough..cough' lol. I cracked 3 more ssh f1's, and 1 is the skinniest leafed seedling that I've ever seen. Pencil thin 1st 2 sets of leaves. I can kick back again around july 15-aug 1 for a while lol. Then back to work...

Are you seeing a big difference with the new soil mix?