Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaFan View Post
SSH6 Day 101 of flowering

Damn SF! SSH monster !

Nice and Juicy ...Super ...Silver ..Haze!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 PM

Hiya bud!

How is it going? Lovely looking garden mate ..as always
, did it get any warmer where you are..I remember you have long winters there. Here its summer but the temps are cool ( yeeha! I just turned my second 600w on as a single seems too little for the nevs)

Cheers

l33t
Old 06-20-2008, 01:15 AM
barletta

Those look great, SF. The leaf on the dish is a sweet shot. As I am growing more, I find a correlation between a standout fan leaf and an overall happy plant. How many male/female/still unknown? Those look similar from the pics, have you noticed big variation?

That leaf mutation is from the fim/top. I top most of my plants, and about half of them get those funky leaves. What's strange is sometimes the next 2 or 3 sets will grow mutated for me, and I know that they weren't there when I topped em. It doesn't seem to hurt much if any.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barletta View Post

That leaf mutation is from the fim/top. I top most of my plants, and about half of them get those funky leaves. What's strange is sometimes the next 2 or 3 sets will grow mutated for me, and I know that they weren't there when I topped em. It doesn't seem to hurt much if any.

My thoughts exactly , I always get some deformed growth around the fimmed areas, its just that by causing wounds , we mess up with the natural/'expected' proccess of cell division while growing . As already mentioned nothing to worry about really .

Nice fan color , and big too
Old 06-21-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Well all three of the bigger plants are girls and are growing LIKE MAD!

I've decided I have learned a lesson:

You cannot let these aggressively growing strains veg beyond 2-3 weeks tops. 2 weeks preferably..IF you want to keep them under four feet.

No matter how many times they are topped it seems....Once they begin to flower, they STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lololol They are in or approaching that phase where they grow 2"/day. Yehawwww
Hehehehe ! Thats the very reason I had suggested you to go straight to 12/12 from seed or veg 2-3weks and top/fim in the first place!
SSH is a plant with great vigor and some phenos like to grow surprisingly big and tall.
Quote:
I love my plants though!!!!!!
SativaFan
You should be proud of yourself my friend , you really have the Green Thumb! The plants seem to be happy with you around and I know thats a mutual feeling

Keep it up !

l33t

PS. I would also suggest you do/perform the first top earlier if you want to keep her even shorter , and then do some hardcore tying/bending. Looking at your plants and considering the head limit you have in mind , I d' topping at the 3rd node and not any later is the best option . I usually top at the fourth-5th node but I believe if you plan doing some LST its better to top at the third as this allows you to start tying the branches down (at pot level) very early thus creating a super short plant from early on..By the way check Herbalizor's NevsHz plant , he did some serious LST on her and he managed to keep the plant very short so he makes out the best out of his 400w setup. Indoors sativas MUST be kept reasonably small-sized in order to be effectively lit easier.

Here is an illustration of what I mean:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SF.jpg (25.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by L33t; 06-21-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:14 PM

Nice!

I love how healthy they are, you have them perfectly dialed-in

One thing I d like to say is that when you grow seedplants its more preferable to top as soon as possible like 3rd node while with clones you can even let them go up to 5-6 nodes before topping , they are more branchy n they dont have that super stretched lower plant part that seedplants always seem to do (at least in Haze hybrids).

Thanks for the updates
Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 PM
barletta

Hey SF, more happy plants... :} You are dead on with the soil/medium prep. The hydro guys spend all that time getting everything dialed in, but once it is, they sit back and mix the same formula over and over. Soil/soiless guys that spend effort to consider what the hell the plants will be LIVING in for the next few months seem to get way better results (with less stress) than the guys who worry about WHAT they are feeding them weeks from now. Kind of like a lesson in preparation (ounce of prevention....., etc...).

Have you noticed anything distinctly different between the f2's from the indy dom mom vs the more sativa mom? It's tough to tell on the internet, but I am guessing that you are like me and know all of your plants like they were your kids or dogs lol. "How was school today, Mary Jane???". I have some f2's that are approximately as old as 3 f1's that I am currently running. They are about a month old, and have been on the back burner, as I have been shipping plants off to their new homes in the woods for a while. I ran the f1's just to compare the f2's to, as I forgot how they grew until flower.

I tried to separate my f2's (all the same daddy) keeping what I thought was the NL/Haze dom plant seeds from the other 2 plants' seeds. The cuts of the moms are way different, so I am wondering if the offspring will take the traits of the seedplants or those of the clones.

I hope you don't mind a few lil pics. If you do lemmie know and I'll take em down...

(clickable links)
3 SSH F1's ~30 days from seed

The skinniest leafed plant that I have grown. Possible that I burned her. I haven't really burned a seedling with my veg mix yet, but it is bound to happen, and this plant looks to be SATIVA DOM lol. SCRAWNY stem. I am scared to clone for sex......

Here are the neglected F2's ~20 days above dirt. The larger 2 look like each other, and the smaller 2 look the same, but a lil different than the older 2. If that makes any sense...
Old 06-25-2008, 05:15 AM

Very interesting read SF

Always interested in the technical side of things.

Very good advice on ducting sizes.

I have a 4'' and a 6'' RVK fan and the 4 inch is 2-3 times louder than the 6'' for moving the same amount of air / minute .

( I have them both on speed controllers for manual adj
adjustment and when I equalize the pressure in the tent (so the side walls are neither sucked inwards or inflated/expanded outwards which means that the same amount of air goes in (intake) and out (extraction) of the tent with the same rates )

So SF ,

When you say more resistance this refers to more sound/higher noise levels right? Or was it directed to something else?
Old 06-26-2008, 04:47 PM
barletta

Quote:
It really wasn't that interesting. Besides, my opinions are apparently way out of touch with the current wisdom.

Folks want to know all that arcane stuff about their blowers, they can always go do a Google search. The info is out there; they just have to get off their asses and go look. Right?

SativaFan
Or folks (old ones) could ask Shanti which blowers he used, and if it is possible to both suck and blow at the same time.

LOL

I know that there is a generation gap here, but I can almost guarantee that if we knew each other in the real world, we would be friends. And if we knew each other and each knew that the other grew plants, we would bullshit for hours (or at least until 8:30, I know seniors like to turn in early lol) about minutia like CFM's and rotating plants, and re-potting, and germing, .....

I think that you are probably a cool old dude SF. If 48 means anything, my pops was born in 48....

I have a lot of respect for you that you don't back down when people challenge your thoughts/opinions.

The "both suck and blow at the same time" line is from The Simpsons. I love that line, and you were throwing around "blower" lol.

HeHe......'blower'.....

EDIT - I think that you are on to something when you speak about the differences in generations when it comes to researching. I hit the working world just before the internet was a necessity in an office. How valuable was the phone book? Who values a phonebook anymore? For the last 8-10 years, people (particularly young ones, as it's all they ever knew) have gotten more and more used to using the internet to search. It becomes part of you, you want instant answers. The more traditional approach is to read an opinion, use logic/reasoning/gut to make sense of it. How many people today will read an entire book (big or small) on a subject for an "answer"? Not many. I feel that both ways have merit, but neither is necessarily 'better'.

Last edited by barletta; 06-26-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 AM
barletta

Hey man, I say leave them alone for a few days until you see how they grow. Sometimes fimms turn into tops, and sometimes they turn into fucked up fanleaves (only). I am big on fimming my seedplants HARD, then trimming HARD, the goal being 4 tops, nicely spaced, with no scrappy lowers. I did ok with 2 of my orange d x miss muds.

Did you keep cuts of any of the ssh that you ran? I kept cuts, and now I have like 8 mothers lol. I have some decidin to do, especially because I am likin running my seedplant crosses, as I think seedplants get bigger, and yield more IME.