Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Kangalunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
I hope some of you are enjoying this thread. I just started a new job so time is limited, but I will post more pics in the coming week. NL5 x Afghan should be next.
gday hhhg

thanks so much for sharing your pics
You,re inspiring me with your led grows
Looking forward to seeing your next offerings
Cheers KL
Old 01-09-2012, 03:35 AM

Thumbs up Great Work

HHHG,
Of course you got to keep the bill collector away! Those budshots are outstanding, regardless of or because of the light output. I'm with Kangalunacy, thank you so much for posting your pics.-bk

-"Marijuana people are the 'new' second class citizens. Now is the time to move up to first class."-bk
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM

Hi HHHG,
Same vibes here.
Nice work with yr LEDs, thanks for sharing!
All the best,
YS
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Hi 3hg

this is wonderful. I have been interested in LEDs for some time. I currently have old standard 400w, and have used ceramic metal halide CMH also. You say that these LEDs are really good for vegging? is that "as is" or do you need to adjust the spectrum somehow?
I am interested because I do a lot of herb and vegetable stuff, and want to run more 18/6 cycles for peppers and tomatoes, herbs, and the like.

you have a marvelous garden. are these keepers that you run again and again, or are you growing these all from seed?

ps: i DO have a mango haze that smells like mango. but I have heard amazing reports on the spicy/non mango phenos.

take care and enjoy your new job,
vajra
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajra View Post
You say that these LEDs are really good for vegging? is that "as is" or do you need to adjust the spectrum somehow?

you have a marvelous garden. are these keepers that you run again and again, or are you growing these all from seed?

ps: i DO have a mango haze that smells like mango. but I have heard amazing reports on the spicy/non mango phenos.

take care and enjoy your new job,
vajra
Thanks vajra. Yes mine work great for vegging. I used to use the LEDs for vegging when I had a 400w HPS but the ballast died so I'm having to veg with CFLs at the moment. I have put off replacing the ballast because I could use that money towards LEDs to replace the HPS.

Keepers? I haven't smoked Mango yet but the Medicine Man is a keeper for sure. I only smoked a small bit of the Ortega seed plant that the clone pictured was taken from so further tests from the clone will give me a better idea of the effects. I have 2 La Nina's that are keepers. Both are very heady, but one is also relaxing while the other is more energizing/motivating. The sleepy NL5 x Afghan is my latest great discovery. Great for insomnia. I have 2 NevHaze. One grows into a huge bush with thousands of tiny fox tails in 13 weeks. The smoke is powerful and all in the head. The other one is more of a single cola 11 weeker but similar high to the bushy one. Maybe it takes you to Mars while the bushy one takes you to Venus. I plan on making some Everclear tincture from the bushy one soon in my continued search to find relief for CRPS pain.

I'll post pics of some of these plants soon, and to answer your question vajra - all plants shown are clones from seed plants I grew.

Last edited by HHHG; 01-15-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:56 AM

Thumbs up La Niņa #1

La Niņa #1, pictured front right, is VERY powerful. A one hitter quitter for sure and easy to overdue by smoking more than a couple bowls...
Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 AM

Very cool grow, HHHG. Your plants look super happy!! How does your LaNina lean, indy or sat in the smoke dept? Love the colors & tight nuggies on the ortega, too
Old 01-15-2012, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
Very cool grow, HHHG. Your plants look super happy!! How does your LaNina lean, indy or sat in the smoke dept? Love the colors & tight nuggies on the ortega, too
Thanks Patrick. Both Nina's are mostly sativa in effect. #1 is all in the head, #2 is heady and relaxing. At this point I think I prefer #2 but both are great in their own way. I'm surprised Shanti hasn't never released a La Nina cross because it seems like it would pack quite a punch as a parent.

The Ortega is rockhard but I'm still waiting for amber trichs. I'm always surprised when I hear of people harvesting Indicas at 8 weeks because mine usually take 10-11 to be cloudy with amber.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM

Looking good HHHG I like the way LED gardens glow all crazy purple. Looks like its making nice chunky buds too. Speaking of La Nina crosses, about to start working with a haze dom La Male myself.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:31 AM

Smile New Pics

I just added new NL5 x Afghan and Medicine Man pictures