Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucleo View Post
Hi man, i got a question for you. I'm assuming they are 3w leds? How far do you keep your panel from the top of the plants?
18 inches. One panel uses 3w and the others are 1w.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04-29-2013, 04:35 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,112
Default Kick the bucket

I worked hard putting together the new rdwc system but after assembling with round buckets I realized that was a critical error because several Uni-seals leaked a lot Luckily buckets are the cheapest component but none of the grow shops seem to carry SQUARE buckets and they are expensive online so I'm going to get some used food grade buckets/lids locally. It is frustrating to spend so much time and waste money, but that's how we learn. Always looking forward


Last edited by HHHG; 04-29-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Fated's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 369
Default small scale?

For small scale stuff I keep the old plastic cat litter containers, and those will add up over time if you have a cat . . .

just a thought.

good luck,
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fated View Post
For small scale stuff I keep the old plastic cat litter containers, and those will add up over time if you have a cat . . .

just a thought.

good luck,
I've used those for dwc in the past. That's a good idea but it will take my cat quite some time to go through 7 boxes (145lbs) of litter

The used square food grade buckets with lids are only $1 each. They are white so I'm going to have to cover them with paint or something.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,112
Default

The LED flowering lights have been replaced by a vertical 1000w HPS so there won't be much activity in this thread until I build another LED flowering room. For now the 4 panels are being used for vegging.

I got a good deal locally on 4G square buckets for the rdwc system, but they are not light proof. Any advice on ways to fix that? In the past when I sprayed plastic primer and paint on plastic it eventually chipped off.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
The LED flowering lights have been replaced by a vertical 1000w HPS so there won't be much activity in this thread until I build another LED flowering room. For now the 4 panels are being used for vegging.

I got a good deal locally on 4G square buckets for the rdwc system, but they are not light proof. Any advice on ways to fix that? In the past when I sprayed plastic primer and paint on plastic it eventually chipped off.
that spray sealer, its ruber spray in a can, comes in black, white, and clear

id spray the black first then the white over that, just like when useing paint

it covers very well, one can goes a long long way
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Wicked1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nibiru
Posts: 475
Default ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowser View Post
that spray sealer, its ruber spray in a can, comes in black, white, and clear

id spray the black first then the white over that, just like when useing paint

it covers very well, one can goes a long long way
You mean the kind of spray where the guy in the boat with a screen door installed on the bottom of it and he spray sealed the screen door shut so no water leaks.....that spray? LMK
Respects,
W1
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,112
Default

The tent is being taken down and will be replaced with a grow room in the garage, It will give a lot more room plus it is usually 60F by midnight so I can run the HPS lights from then till 7AM with no heat issues. I'll have to get a dehumidifier in the fall. I expect the winter temps to produce some new bud colors. I want to make the tent 10'x6'x7' which is 420 cubic feet

The new tent will also have an undercurrent type rdwc which should yield more than my current soil or h.buckets.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 08-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
You mean the kind of spray where the guy in the boat with a screen door installed on the bottom of it and he spray sealed the screen door shut so no water leaks.....that spray? LMK
Respects,
W1
yep , covers amazingly, works way better then paint that chips and lets back in the light leaks

it may seem expensive, but once you see how far one can will go it soon looks inexpensive
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:25 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowser View Post
yep , covers amazingly, works way better then paint that chips and lets back in the light leaks

it may seem expensive, but once you see how far one can will go it soon looks inexpensive

Do you know what the spray is called?

I'm planning on brush painting black then white on the buckets since it takes a spray can of each ($8 total) just to cover one bucket.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL