Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 11:13 AM

Default first grow with MNS seeds

Ok so after some thought I've decided to post my experience with MNS. I bought Angel Heart, Medman and Nev. skunk...got ASH as freebie. Delivery no probs.
Planted 45 seeds on 1.sep, ended up with 15 females. Vegged for 4-6 weeks. I grow in plagron growmix (also worm castings, bat guano, perlite, canna terra, biobizz lightmix, plagron batmix), fertilize with plagron or canna bio products and have a 600w HPS and 400w hps and 250w hps and 150mh and 18w fluros. I have very good ventilation and air circulation and good temps although in september I had some issues due to the unusually hot autumn but the MNS seedlings were not affected.
Generally I was disappointed with the lack of vigor and slow growth and lack of branching. They took at 4 weeks just to get 20-25cm high at which stage I put them into flower... being haze hybrids I was expecting a fair bit of stretch but most plants grew to 60-75cm high but with hardly any branching if any.
To and insult to injury 3 plants (presumably AH) threw bananas which I failed to notice in time (because I wasn't expecting hermies!!) and they were small and hidden but it was enough to pollinate the whole room. On average a bud the size of a thumb has 5 seeds, which is enough to piss me off and anybody who buys the weed. On average 1 plant yielded half an oz of seedy weed!!!!! I am disappointed!!!
So I'm thinking maybe I did something wrong, maybe it's connoisseur style weed and low yield is the price you pay for quality weed. Maybe I stressed them?... I don't think so.
I don't do hydro or CO2 and I'm no expert nor commercial grower and do not expect 1g per w but at least 0,5g/w and nice big bushy healthy vigorous plants that yield 1 to 2 oz.
So even after this faux fas I give MNS another go..... I still have MEDMAN. On 1.dec I sow 10 seeds. They sprout but growth is painfully SLOW. They are in rockwool cubes in hempy buckets under 150MH with temps 24 day/ 20 night. I don't overwater. After 4 weeks veg they are pathetic...8cm high, stem like toothpick and foliage like 50c piece...please check out my album!!!
I'm no expert, I don't breed, but I'm no newb either. I have been growing on and off for the last 18 years and have done 4 outdoor and 7 indoor grows (soli(less) & hydro & now hempy buckets).
So this is my first experience with MNS seeds. From AH, NS and ASH not 1 keeper out of 15 females, not 1 plant that yielded over 20g (after 4-6 weeks veg), not one plant had any real branching (sry there was one really hazey, long flowering plant which had branches but the buds were so light and spindly that the yield was small anyway). The smoke is curing, 2 plants were nicely covered in resin. Total yield from 15 plants... maybe 200g, satisfied... no. will you buy/plant/grow MNS in the future? no.
Has anybody else had similar experiences i.e. slow growth or hermies, with any of these strains, Medman? Angel Heart? Nev. Sk? ASH?
My previous grows were superlemon haze by GHSC and I found 2 excellent plants from 3 seeds. Before that I had 10 or so AK-47 from paradise and was very pleased with the results. Fem seeds save me time and money...better yet from now on I will be buying fem plants grown from seed from a growshop, saving me hassle of sowing seeds and babying and vegging little plants.
I'd like to try other MNS strains, maybe I had bad luck or a bad batch or I don't know BUT when there are so many other options and companies and strains I don't have the time, money or want to fiddle with regular seeds.
Goodluck everybody.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddyy View Post
Ok so after some thought I've decided to post my experience with MNS. I bought Angel Heart, Medman and Nev. skunk...got ASH as freebie. Delivery no probs.
Planted 45 seeds on 1.sep, ended up with 15 females. Vegged for 4-6 weeks. I grow in plagron growmix (also worm castings, bat guano, perlite, canna terra, biobizz lightmix, plagron batmix), fertilize with plagron or canna bio products and have a 600w HPS and 400w hps and 250w hps and 150mh and 18w fluros. I have very good ventilation and air circulation and good temps although in september I had some issues due to the unusually hot autumn but the MNS seedlings were not affected.
Generally I was disappointed with the lack of vigor and slow growth and lack of branching. They took at 4 weeks just to get 20-25cm high at which stage I put them into flower... being haze hybrids I was expecting a fair bit of stretch but most plants grew to 60-75cm high but with hardly any branching if any.
To and insult to injury 3 plants (presumably AH) threw bananas which I failed to notice in time (because I wasn't expecting hermies!!) and they were small and hidden but it was enough to pollinate the whole room. On average a bud the size of a thumb has 5 seeds, which is enough to piss me off and anybody who buys the weed. On average 1 plant yielded half an oz of seedy weed!!!!! I am disappointed!!!
So I'm thinking maybe I did something wrong, maybe it's connoisseur style weed and low yield is the price you pay for quality weed. Maybe I stressed them?... I don't think so.
I don't do hydro or CO2 and I'm no expert nor commercial grower and do not expect 1g per w but at least 0,5g/w and nice big bushy healthy vigorous plants that yield 1 to 2 oz.
So even after this faux fas I give MNS another go..... I still have MEDMAN. On 1.dec I sow 10 seeds. They sprout but growth is painfully SLOW. They are in rockwool cubes in hempy buckets under 150MH with temps 24 day/ 20 night. I don't overwater. After 4 weeks veg they are pathetic...8cm high, stem like toothpick and foliage like 50c piece...please check out my album!!!
I'm no expert, I don't breed, but I'm no newb either. I have been growing on and off for the last 18 years and have done 4 outdoor and 7 indoor grows (soli(less) & hydro & now hempy buckets).
So this is my first experience with MNS seeds. From AH, NS and ASH not 1 keeper out of 15 females, not 1 plant that yielded over 20g (after 4-6 weeks veg), not one plant had any real branching (sry there was one really hazey, long flowering plant which had branches but the buds were so light and spindly that the yield was small anyway). The smoke is curing, 2 plants were nicely covered in resin. Total yield from 15 plants... maybe 200g, satisfied... no. will you buy/plant/grow MNS in the future? no.
Has anybody else had similar experiences i.e. slow growth or hermies, with any of these strains, Medman? Angel Heart? Nev. Sk? ASH?
My previous grows were superlemon haze by GHSC and I found 2 excellent plants from 3 seeds. Before that I had 10 or so AK-47 from paradise and was very pleased with the results. Fem seeds save me time and money...better yet from now on I will be buying fem plants grown from seed from a growshop, saving me hassle of sowing seeds and babying and vegging little plants.
I'd like to try other MNS strains, maybe I had bad luck or a bad batch or I don't know BUT when there are so many other options and companies and strains I don't have the time, money or want to fiddle with regular seeds.
Goodluck everybody.
Wow it is becomming so common to hear about mns hermies , and it isnt just a couple or few strains either , something has seriously gone wrong imo

havent grown/finished any of the strains you mentioned , but the nevs skunk (have some vegging now) have afghan skunk (nordle) in it and i did get hermies from the nordle , grown inside a climate controlled room inside a room , no stress of any sort

ive recently bought 6 more strains (8 packs) from shanti (auction) and as mentioned vegging the N.S now , the previous 3 different mns strains ive grown all hermied while plants from other breeders seeds growing right beside them , same soiless , same nutes , same everything have not

shanti has always been great to deal with , but when hermies are replaced with more hermies then why bother , i pray to god these N.S or other 5 mns strains dont hermie , or anybodies , but if any of these do ill never trust another mns seed again

peace
Old 01-01-2012, 02:35 PM
BillyBadGrower

Hi Buddyy,

all the reports of mns strains going hermie was enough to put me off getting mns beans as a Christmas present from BettyBadGrower. I've no weed, so i havnt got time sorting thru plants that might hermie and leave me with no weed to smoke at the end of it

i will be growing mns beans this year tho and hopefully i'll find a speicial keeper

Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Hi buddyy,you and i are at an almost identical growing experience level,i've only grown the angel heart and got 8 female plants go hermie and 5 that did'nt so i was not happy with that but all the plants were beautifull and grew fantastic this second run they don't look to good but it's because i don't have enzymes and i underestimated my temps(to cold the first 2_3 weeks so i took them for granted a bit,that being said i don't think there is any excuse for the amount of hermies being reported by fairly experienced growers,my opinion is there is far to many strains to keep track of,dutch passion also have about 50 different strains and they are notorious for producing herms,i'm still going to buy from mns but i'm only going to crack 5 seeds at a time so i can monitor them daily

cheers...ps.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:15 PM

Wow, buddyy. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I've grown a few different MNS varieties before (g13xwidow, ssh, black widow, mango haze) and only had hermies with the indoor Black widow (hermied kinda bad late in flower) and a very few bananas on the indoor Mango haze right near harvest time.

I took cuts of everything and ran the plants that hermied on me outside and found that they did much better outdoors. No hermies at all and the yield was much better. I've also run the SLH from greenhouse and found 3 out of 5 really good plants that delivered some fine smoke. I'd never run female seeds before I ran those SLH, but I can see the attraction for some people.

I still have multiple packs of MNS gear to run, so I figure I've got some more pheno hunting ahead of me. My advice would be to not give up on MNS gear just yet. PM Mr. Shanti and see if he can do anything for you. I know I would if I had the same results as you did.

HB.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:10 PM

I've ran Mango Widow, Super Silver Haze, G13/Skunk, Neville's Skunk, and Critical Haze. Not 1 hermie or nutsack in sight. Neville's Skunk easily had the most vigor I've ever seen on a plant, an 8 inch seedling grew in to 5 1/2 foot monsters. Several DIFFERENT seedlings. I like Mango Widow so much from the initial run I ordered Mango Haze. I like Critical Haze so much my first run, I ordered almost every single strain on Shanti's menu with AfghanxHaze in it.

I'm not saying you didn't experience what you're saying, but I have to wonder if something possibly happened to your seeds during transit. Possibly microwaved or x-ray'd?

I have 2 packs of Ash, 1 Nordle, 1 Ortega, 1 Mango Haze, 1 NL5xAfghan, 1 Early Queen, 1 Early Haze, 1 Angel's Breath, 1 Master Kush SkunkxAfghan Haze, another pack of critical haze and 1 pack of Skunk Haze that I'll be getting in to shortly.

I'll post experiences with those as well. So far though, I'm nothing but extremely impressed with Shanti's work. I've ran it against TGA Subcool Genetics, and BC Bud Depot, as well as dozens of bagseed projects. Shanti's gear easily has the most hybrid vigor as well as unique terpenoid profiles. I'll put my Critical Haze or Mango Widow keeper up against any "Elite" cut out there. I found them each in 1 pack

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” -John Wayne

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss
Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchie View Post
Neville's Skunk easily had the most vigor I've ever seen on a plant, an 8 inch seedling grew in to 5 1/2 foot monsters.
was that indoors 12/12 from 8 inches or was that put outdoors at 8 inches ?

ive got a bunch of N.S at 3-4 inches right now

peace and happy new year
Old 01-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned

Default same same

Quote:
Originally Posted by palesmoker View Post
Hi buddyy,you and i are at an almost identical growing experience level,i've only grown the angel heart and got 8 female plants go hermie and 5 that did'nt so i was not happy with that but all the plants were beautifull and grew fantastic this second run they don't look to good but it's because i don't have enzymes and i underestimated my temps(to cold the first 2_3 weeks so i took them for granted a bit,that being said i don't think there is any excuse for the amount of hermies being reported by fairly experienced growers,my opinion is there is far to many strains to keep track of,dutch passion also have about 50 different strains and they are notorious for producing herms,i'm still going to buy from mns but i'm only going to crack 5 seeds at a time so i can monitor them daily

cheers...ps.
i left dutch pass cause of herm i hope it doesnt happen here or theyll loose me im to old for hermy shit sort it out mns or im off . dutch pass cost me a fortune in flucked up seeded ops
Old 01-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmcd View Post
i left dutch pass cause of herm i hope it doesnt happen here or theyll loose me im to old for hermy shit sort it out mns or im off . dutch pass cost me a fortune in flucked up seeded ops
howdi, this is why i shop here because they gro reg seeds ,in the 90s i grew at least 20 types not one herm and i didnt know what i was doing and still dont , you cant grow a room with hermies they can pop up any where and as im 50 my eye sight is shit diabetes . i had brainstorm from pass cool for a year then half the plant turned male , i used to spend a feww g a year there so i pray it doesnt happen here maybe mns has subcontracted the work to someone else and his hands are not touching the plants if i get hermies all the time taxi for tazmcd to another company, if theres any left that guarantee reg male and female , im worried, as my mate has ash, nev haze on go ,ash very slow growth but once big no stopping ash and its the stinkest smell ever diesel , ginger and dead bodies all in one ,t
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
wanagrowbigbud

I ordered a bunch of DP seeds before studying up on things and ending up here......The seed bank I first started using did not stock MNS so I never researched them until I repeatedly heard good things about MNS around the other forums.

The only DP pack I want to crack now is the blueberry
What DP strains did you find herm the most and were they fem or reg ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmcd View Post