Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

how about a few more cfl bud shots?

...that ought to be enough for one posting, lol.

Peace, SOG...

...almost forgot, lol, that pipe is pretty solid but i paid a fair bit too, ...you buy a cheap one it ends up costing more 'cause you have to replace it, and cheap glass breaks EASY!

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-19-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Banned

Hello people, i hope you all had a good night and have now arisen into a wonderful day, i myself stayed up late tending my garden so i slept in and only rolled out about an hour ago, ...i'm takin' my first tokes of the day and thought i'd stop in and post some pics of my louvered doors so everyone who cares to can compare them to Elmers doors and this really should end all the confusion, after this even Ray Charles will be able to see the differences and he's not only blind, he's dead, ...D ...E ...D, ...dead!

...heres a shot i posted earlier that shows my basic flowering op back then, like i said, i'd only been growing for about a year when these were taken so i was running about 500 or 600watts of CFLs in that closet.

SOG...

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-18-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

...and, continueing on, more moving pictures of my most alluring louvers, lol.

heres a shot of a couple of those High Ends early on that also shows part of the framework of that closet, ...there were 3 sets of bi-fold louvered doors so it was an awesome space! ...i really miss that freekin closet, lol.

SOG...

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-18-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G`day Some Other Guy

Pleased to make your acquaintance.
I have been on a safari to the Tropics . Hunting wicked Z99 bubble hash and fine strains of potent Cannabis sativa .
And let me assure you my quest was not in vain . he he .
I`m about to chop some Nevil`s Haze bestowed on me by Don Mallard . I have waited almost 2000kms for this moment.
So you`ll have to excuse me for the time being .....

Thanks for sharin

Elmer Bud .
Good to meet you my Aussie friend, i look forward to our having a chance to clear the air, i am sorry you had to endure all that bullshit but i assure you i had no part in it.

...anyway, i think i've finally driven a stake in the 'louvered door' conspiracy so i'll try moving on to more in the saga of SOG, lol.

...so, Chapter 2: coming out of the closet.

...it was just about a year after i'd started growing that i was faced with the prospect of moving to another apartment and losing my beautiful closet and because i couldn't be sure what my closets would be like in the new place i decided to DIY some accomodations for my ladies.

...so heres a few shots of what i came up with to house my bonsai moms.

...this holds 21 mothers and has been helping to feed my head for almost 3 years now.

Peace, SOG

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-18-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Banned

...now heres a couple shots of the new flowering chamber.

...before the build-out.

...i bought this cab at a local Salvation Army thrift store for $50.00USD and knew right off i didn't want CFLs in there and after some searching i found a company called 'Econolite' i think, ...anyway, at that time they had these 'Vapor Tight' 150watt HPS fixtures on clearance for $20.00 each so i bought 2 for the flower box.

...this is the cool-tube i made from 2 hurricane glasses and a rubber plumbing fitting.

...and a couple of the ghetto reflector i made before i painted the inside with high-temp white grill paint, just a piece of wrap-around ducting.

...now heres a shot almost done.

...wow, lol, i didn't realize how crappy this shot was.

...anyhow, heres a shot looking into the cab at a part that is usually hidden behind the scrubber, ...in the interests of stealth i sacrificed about a foot of vertical space and boxed in a squirrel cage blower and created a pathway for exhausted air and incorporated a built-in panel including 3 double sockets and 2 kill switchs, 1 a master to kill all power.

...now heres a shot of the back side of that board with the yellow plugs, ...note the white wires with black sockets trailing out the bottoms, these are what the yellow plugs plugged into, lol. ...i did it this way so i could remove the cooltube assembly from the front, i did NOT want to have to through the back.

...and with covers in place.

...and a shot with the ballasts in place, here you can also see i aimed my exhaust air-flow across the backs of the ballasts to help cool them.

SOG...

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-18-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default 12/24/11

In the spirit of sharing that I feel is what makes the canna community so strong and with hopes that my efforts might help some noobs yet to come i've decided to post up one of my little DIY projects.

...this is a little something I threw together for a place to keep my cloners and newly rooted clones, i've always been a hobbiest so I didn't need a huge cloning op but i've also always run high-density micro-SOGs so I always needed a steady supply of rooted clones to feed the Sea.

...anyway, this is what I came up with and it has been in operation for almost 2 years now.

Peace, SOG

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-24-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

...i picked this up at a local job-lot store for $25.00USD and it's sold as 'dormroom furniture' so finding something similar should be easy.

...btw, I wouldn't normally use something of such mediocre quality but I knew going in that I would be making significant modifications that would compensate for the cabs inherent weaknesses.

Peace, SOG

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-24-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Cool building an addition.

...btw, when I paint the interior of my cabs I use elastomeric white paint thinned a bit with flat white primer.

...i like the elastomeric paint because it is rubberized so it's waterproof and mildew resistent, ...it's cheap too at approx. $16.00USD per gallon at Lowes and Home Depot, ...look in the roofing dept. as it is marketed as a product to seal leaky trailor roofs.

Peace, SOG

btw, this cab wasn't deep enough for my cloners so these next couple of posts show how I built an addition on the back.

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-31-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Banned

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-25-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 12-26-2011 at 01:30 AM.