Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM

air pressure changes every day and at different times of the day. it is responsible for whether or not it will rain etc. Unless you live in a place where the weather is the same every day, and all day and all night, and the temp never changes, then trying to work out what the air pressure is in that area is nonsense. It changes. Not to mention you would need an air tight chamber, and air compressors regulating the air pressure inside it in order to control the air pressure. And red and blue light has nothing to do with air pressure. Sorry but this thread is full of nothing but nonsense.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
air pressure changes every day and at different times of the day. it is responsible for whether or not it will rain etc. Unless you live in a place where the weather is the same every day, and all day and all night, and the temp never changes, then trying to work out what the air pressure is in that area is nonsense. It changes. Not to mention you would need an air tight chamber, and air compressors regulating the air pressure inside it in order to control the air pressure. And red and blue light has nothing to do with air pressure. Sorry but this thread is full of nothing but nonsense.
I must also ask myself if any of this info has any relevance or impact on INDOOR growers such as myself, living in an area where pressure this and pressure that changes several times a day?

Peace
GM1

Last edited by ganja man1; 10-31-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:33 PM

Greetings MNS Family,

I wouldn't say this thread is complete nonsense. Is it not good that we at least take a look at what cannatari posted and try to understand atmospheric pressure a little better. I mean, if we don't address it then we will never know if this is relevant or not. Just because pressure constanly changes dosen't mean that it is not relevant. I for one like to at least explore all aspects of growing and I'm sure that the pressure has some effect on the plants. I mean plants do grow differently depending on where they are and how high they are, etc

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Last edited by sativaXindica; 10-31-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja man1 View Post
OK, calling the thread "complete nonsense" is a little harsh, but I honestly don't see how this has any relevance to indoor K.I.S.S. ganja growers such as myself.

Lets take a block of flats or apartments for example, in the UK or USA. The block of flats has three growers.

Grower A is on the ground floor, grower B is on the 15th floor and grower C is on the 30th floor.

All three growers are vegging/flowering the same strains using the same growing methods, nutes, temp/RH constant etc. The only difference is the floor level that they are growing on. Do you honestly think there will be a huge difference in yields/taste etc? I'd guess not, but we'll only ever know if someone did an experiment growing at these different latitudes.

People grow indoors and outdoors all over the world with varying variables of our natural habitat and these growers have both good and bad yields.
Greetings GM1, MNS Family,

I don't think it is a question of 1st 2nd or 3rd floor growing, but more like a grower in Denver CO who is at 5,000 feet above sea level compared to a grower who is at sea level.

Best Regards

sativaXindica
Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 PM

howdy GMT

how you do?

am interest to read you opinion more. perhap you wish to elaborate?

am not credit scientist....rather simple human to experience life. such variable within life difficult isolate. am agree you speculate with respect to ideal condition with respect to monitor and analysis barometric pressure. within nature constant only change. hehe

air pressure have relation with many other variable such each individual. temperature, humidity, and more. infinite variable dance with to each other. not for exclusive temperature with not barometric pressure.

at how such barometric pressure affect variable such temperature and humidity and more provide variance and spectrum with to population, variety, and individual express trait. such nature, such environment total.

am interest you judge harsh such lovely topic with not important when am opinion total variable important, then with alternate perspective not any variable important.

such important with applicable parameter and individual opinion.

one perspective each variable no more no less important to another. such dance mother nature dance, with music vibration and vision and sensory illustration. touch smells to see and more nature allow for many interpretation.

am interest to barometric pressure with respect to agriculture and specific cannabis. barometric pressure help to make weather and weather trend help to define climate. am certain not alway climate steady, such life always to constant change. with respect to human perspective, climate and location such to include barometric pressure place on plant such cannabis pressure with respect to display trait.

thank you to discuss....much respect you opinion.

one perspective with respect to extreme low pressure such alternate planet mars, much research from various space explore research available. much with respect to low pressure, extreme low pressure environment. vague analysis with respect to low and extreme low pressure one perspective....plant within such environment work much hard and perhap rapid transpire and lose much moisture. some time to where plant close stomata to fend death.

am interest with respect to hypobaria resistance within cannabis with same interest to temperature resistance and other variable to affect weather, environment, and more.

with alternate perspective to low pressure environment....with respect to fruit that ship across globe. with low pressure environment transportate fruit often arrive same day fresh many day to travel. ethylene ripen affect.

with not discount cannabis and various species and variety, am unsure to include such research lettuce and wheat. one perspective to illustrate not all species react similar with respect to low pressure environment.

attachment with respect to copy paste....
'Effect of low pressure [(LPS) at 50kPa] on growth of lettuce and wheat seedlings. Notice that the lettuce seedling (left) has greater shoot and root growth than the ambient (100 kPa) lettuce plant, whereas the wheat plant (right) is only slightly larger (+10%) at low pressure (He et al., 2003)'

positive vibration
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lettuce.jpg (87.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wheat.jpg (53.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-31-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
OK, take some growers in Denver. Some at sea level and some at 5000 feet. All experienced growers growing the same strains, same lights, nutes and blah blah blah. Would you not agree that yields are bound to vary? As in both good and bad yields at both sea level and at 5000ft?
Greetings GM1,

To answer your question, yes, I think that not only yields, but plants health and growth among other things MAY vary, but I can't say with certainity because this is not something that I have researched or discussed in the past. Thats why a tread like this proves to be very benificial in discussing different outcomes for different growers at different elevations along with scientific data that has been tested in the past.

Along with elevation, some people, like myself, who have tents can replicate different pressure simply by exhausting more or less air out of there tent which in return creates different pressure in the tent.

Best Regards

sativaXindica
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Hmmm. I too like healthy, friendly, RELEVANT discussion. However, when it deviates from ganja growing and heads towards scientific jargon, I tend to switch off.

And to measure all sorts of varying pressure inside a tent requires appropriate measuring devices, adjustable fans etc, such as instruments used by the weather people in order to deliver the weather on the news.

Guess I'm a thicko lol, so I'll leave this thread to the boffins.

Peace
GM1
Greetings GM1,

Completely understandable. Scientific data can be confusing and hard to comprehend for some people, so I understand if it is a little over your head. A lot of the times it is over my head as well. But that does not mean that it is not relevant or important to ganja growing. Scientest have been defining this world since day 1, so when it comes to plant growth science is what makes it all possible to understand why plants thrive in some conditions and struggle in others.

Even though tools are needed to measure pressure and calculations have to be made, the end result is scientific data that applies to all of us growers whether we use the information or not.

Best Regards

sativaXindica
Old 10-31-2011, 06:27 PM

You guys are kinda missing the point. I have already concluded that barometric pressure is of little consequence, maybe affects terpenes and mold resistance. Barometric pressure plays an important roll in phenotypical expression in nature because of it's affect on the Sun's rays. All the map is is an insight as to the quality of light in different locations around the world. The creative thinker will use that information to learn about why our beloved plant came to be what it is and apply that knowledge to get the results he wants.

Is everybody aware that this thread is in the Indoor forum? Indoor X Atmospheric Pressure = Ratio of Intake to Exhaust. I thought that was obvious.

Peace.

Last edited by cannatari; 10-31-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Chana Masala

Hi C, hi GMT!

Why so hostile about borther C knowledges. He is just sharing what he feels is valid. Maybe if you get a second you can read his MangoHz thread. Imho, ground breaking thoughts are discovered there, moreover, dealing with coloured light filters and how he applies different filters to increase yield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
I disagree, light radiates off the surface of the earth, plants, stuctures, large bodies of freash and salt water, etc. Light has everything to do with atmospheric pressure. Weather or rain is based on the evaporation of water into the atmosphere which is controlled by temperature regulated by the amount of time the sun shines in diffrent regions of the world.

As to having a controlled environment, I thought that is what an good indoor grower does...

CM

Last edited by Chana Masala; 10-31-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
But when it comes to knowing what's best for the plants, I'd rather listen to people with growing experience (who grow proper dank shit standing on their heads) than people with all these high qualifications in science. I'm a stoner after all who simply want to better myself as a grower, not a scientist.
Peace
GM1
Greetings GM1,

Well it is the phd's and scientist who have evolved us as growers. Does your friend use CO2? If so then he can thank scientists for that. Does he use nutrients? If so, he can also thank scientists for that too. You said he grows indoors as well, does he use HPS or MH or does he put the plants in the window? He can thanks scientists for the lights also. And I'm sure he dosen't use timers, ballast, A/C, dehumidifiers, and carbon filters, because he dosen't have a PHD? Right? But if he does, then tell that "50 year old geezer" your words, not mine, to thank the scientists for taking the time to better him as a grower.

Best Regards

sativaXindica