Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM

despite the wild growth, lack of uniformity, and generally poor conditions they started out in, once they moved to the flowering rooms which were set up properly, they still did pretty well. there was a variety of strains, so that didnt help matters much. in this setup, its definately better to keep strains seperated, unless they happen to grow similarly.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Interesting thread. I was contemplating a similar (2 bucket) system but most of my supplies were stolen. i have done it with the white two gallon buckets. works almost as well, except it makes you think you can place plants closer and fit more, but you cant they still want as much room as the 5 gallon setup, so ive abondoned that setup except for special circumstances. the smaller buckets are much easier to move and clean in the end, another topic i havent got to yet Have you considered the use of misting type sprayers or are there issues involved in using them with a nutrient solution?you cant use the misting sprayers as easily, because of their spray pattern and they seem to need a higher pressure too. not to mention more potential for clogging. the rotosprayers sling the water out in a nice pattern, it hits the sides of the bucket and splashes randomly from there too Also, as far as getting your nutrient solution supplied to your girlz via the lid, why not use the 1/4" poly feed lines fed through the lids.
Your design, thus far, looks very clean.
mounting the sprayers in a nice solid fashion is important, and im not sure if there is enough threading to fit through the lid and still have a solid connection to line. plus im not a fan of thin line, so the 1/2" pvc does a good job.

Potting soil can and normally needs to be lightened up quite a bit*. 25-30% perlite does the trick perfectly and allows the roots plenty of oxygen. I've seen soil grows produce as much weight as hydro grow using clones from the same mother without the chem flavors and/or blandness associated with hydro.
i agree, and as most of my equipment was tied up at another place, i decided to try my hand at something new. i used sunshine #4 in 5 gallon buckets hand watering using earth juice. it did pretty well
Old 06-11-2011, 01:26 PM

Sweet man, Thanks for the explination. I hear ya on the "SOLID" mounting. Dont want them sprayers just floppin in the breeze. lol

Yeah, I had white 2 gal buckets with holes drilled all over the bottom and was going to setup the 1/4" feed lines through the lid to mister type sprayers.

I also had the idea to thread the feed lines through the drain lines but, IMO, the 1/4" poly lines took up too much volume within the drain lines. It was to make setup simple. You know, 1 set of feed/drain lines to layout and hook up instead of 2.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:30 AM

I use similar methods as you, I like to keep my plants in 24 light and let the pre-flowers show for themselves. I've noticed that the male pre-flowers tend to show way before the female pre-flowers... have you made similar observations?
Old 06-17-2011, 04:18 AM

yeah, the males usually show first. they are usually the larger, best looking plants. or maybe thats just my luck.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 AM

well, the vertical setup is up and running, looks good so far.
ill get pics up soon.

some plans have changed, as i just got my first mns genetics

nevilles haze
mango haze
angels breath
la nina
the stones

so i am going to scrap as much as i can part with, and make room for these as i can.
but i had just started some other seedlings, so those get to run first.
the new seedlings are

jack herer
white russian x blueberry
black rose x afgan shadow king
1 fem sharksbreath
1 fem critical haze
3 dr greenthumbs g13

so once those are organized, well see some mns gear in these rooms.
i cant wait!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 PM

unfortunately, a lack of headroom is what forced the lighting to go vertical.
ive only got about 6'6" to work with.

but the plants so far(mr nice and br x pw) didnt stretch as much as they did before under horizontal.
maybe the loss of upward phototropism helps reduce stretching?
the buds actually looked a little more developed than usuall too.
they are off to a good start at least.

i threw 5 nevs haze and 5 the stones in cups of water last night.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:14 PM

these are the sprayers i use, 2 per bucket

here are some setup shots

and with some plants in them

Old 07-13-2011, 05:43 PM

as you can see, they are still in sunshine #4 advanced for this round, there will be a hydro bucket room going in 2 weeks.

from here on out, i have to decided not to flower seedplants. im just going to use them as mothers, and try to take enough clones to replace the mother and fill a room or half a room with one specific cut. for the sake of uniformity.
it will be the easiest way to give everything a fair chance and judge them fairly at the end for yeild and quality. i might run a small area like 3x3 and flower groups of clones in 5"x5" black square pots. as i find the best i can start integrating them into the bigger rooms.

as i am getting ready to go back to hydro, i have to clean out a bunch of buckets from the last emergency shutdown. i pour the rocks and shake the rootball to dislodge the rocks and remove the roots. its definately a pain. but i like the fact that it is reuseable, must be better for the environment. and after you buy it the first time, you are saving money because you dont have to buy new medium. its also nice to not have to carry new and used dirt or rockwool in and out of the location while the grow is under way.

Last edited by jack hairy; 07-15-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 AM

i had thrown 5 nevilles haze and 5 the stones, in cups of water, 2 nights ago.
5 of 5 the stones had big enough taproots to plant, and 3 of 5 nev's haze. 1 nevs haze had a little root, thought id give it one more day.

the g13's are looking good, as well as the sharksbreath, critical haze, black rose x afgan shadow king, and white russian x blueberry.
had 3 more mutants out of the jack herer's. thats a total of 5 mutants from 20 seeds. still going to see how the rest are, but not holding my breath.

mns hazes to the rescue...