Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistil Whipped View Post
If you can't test it, don't use it..mine was pH >8 and ~100ppm.
i never said i cant test it , but whats the difference ? if they cant test this water then they cant test thier tap water , and they gotta use something right

water from a dehumidifier is a lot cleaner then my tap water and hasnt got the chlorine like my horrid chlorine smelling tap water , i still smell chlorine in my tap water after its been sitting for 2 days , i offtin think id like to complain to the city but i know that wont get me anywhere lol
Old 05-30-2011, 09:44 PM

These things have coils, that are likely connected with solder. This is how old time moonshine sometimes got contaminated. People would use improper coils, or even an old radiator. If it is not designed to produce clean drinking water, it probably doesn't. The metals that may end up in the water can be very toxic. Where did that 100 ppm in pistol whipped's water come from? What do you think it is?
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
water from a dehumidifier is a lot cleaner then my tap water and hasnt got the chlorine like my horrid chlorine smelling tap water
How do you know it's cleaner? There is strict legislation on the quality of the water that comes out of the tap, there is none on the quality of water from a dehumidifier.
The user guide for my dehumidifier says the water is not suitable for drinking and, like I said, it's registering 100ppm tds. A lot of the cheaper units will have been made with low quality metals, definitely not plumbing grade, and supposedly they use silver solder on the copper condensers. I definitely don't want to be adding silver to my feed water. And so that's why mine goes down the drain.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistil Whipped View Post
How do you know it's cleaner? There is strict legislation on the quality of the water that comes out of the tap, there is none on the quality of water from a dehumidifier.
The user guide for my dehumidifier says the water is not suitable for drinking and, like I said, it's registering 100ppm tds. A lot of the cheaper units will have been made with low quality metals, definitely not plumbing grade, and supposedly they use silver solder on the copper condensers. I definitely don't want to be adding silver to my feed water. And so that's why mine goes down the drain.
silver isnt harmfull in lower doses and infact people drink C.S for many many health benifits and other ppl water thier plants with a C.S solution claiming its good for the roots , but i never tried it myself

when i say its cleaner i dont meen for drinking , but it is pretty much distilled water , i know of a radiator (cars) repair and sales garage that use water recovered from dehumidifiers as you are actually supposed to run distilled water in your cars rad and not tap water , but most of us just use tap water lol

peace
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 AM

Hey bob,, YOu probably have chloramine in your water which cant be aired off the way that chlorine can...

I have never tested ph or ppm in my grows because it has never really been needed with my water source...Im sure it could help but Id rather buy more lights or something then a ph pen

I wish my water had silver in it...Cs I think would deff give the plants a boost like it does to me.

Just watered everything with half dehumidifier water and half tap after mixing them and bubbling for a day... Guess Ill find out if its ok..

The quote about strict regulations on tap water is laughable at best, considering they put known cancer causing agents in the water everywhere (flouride)..But its for the kids so its ok..
Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Hey bob,, YOu probably have chloramine in your water which cant be aired off the way that chlorine can...

I have never tested ph or ppm in my grows because it has never really been needed with my water source...Im sure it could help but Id rather buy more lights or something then a ph pen

I wish my water had silver in it...Cs I think would deff give the plants a boost like it does to me.

Just watered everything with half dehumidifier water and half tap after mixing them and bubbling for a day... Guess Ill find out if its ok..

The quote about strict regulations on tap water is laughable at best, considering they put known cancer causing agents in the water everywhere (flouride)..But its for the kids so its ok..
i grew up in a canadian city/province that said yes to flouride testing/useage many many years ago , its now been proven that it in fact causes sterility , and for some mysterious reason i never had a child , then i hear the government did it for "population controll" ,,,, well fuck me who gave them right to play god and say this person can not have a child ? i was and am an only child and i never gave my mom grandbabies and will not be able to keep my namesake going past my own generation
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 AM

Sorry to hear that Bob..Luckily I am still young..Hopefully I havent been chemically castrated when it comes time to knock my woman up.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:00 PM

i looked up my manufacture for my dehumid and the use ethelyneglicol to lube the surfuce of steel on inner condensors.
thank the good lord ive used none of this... but to each his own.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 PM

I've used water collected from a dehumidifier in soil .
PH7 0.0 EC , dunt know if its a pure as distilled but plant seemed not to mind .
Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 PM

I dont think that would be a good idea to use the water for anything.

But i used to pour the water into the compost.