Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 AM

Talking Food fight!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI guys

Lets have a food fight!

Whats the best commercial plant food for our special ladies?

Organic and salt!!! whats the best?

lets hear the reviews

I love pure blend pro makes my girls taste like cotton candy, though I feel like I might be losing some yield compared to what I am seeing on the market!

~CD
Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 AM

House and Garden.............
Old 05-08-2011, 10:58 AM

Advance Nutrients Macro,Grow,Blom...Or wormcasting,three diffrent Guano-Batpoo's and Orcids Nuts...Works..and togheter with Hempy Bucket..only AN.

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?
Old 05-08-2011, 12:27 PM

canna mono bottles + trace.
perhaps nothing for the first time grower but when dialed in its well worth it. cost me about 10-15 euro in nutes from seed to harvest a plant no matter if i got 150g or 530g from a plant. cheap and well working
Old 05-08-2011, 06:20 PM

ECOGROW and ECOBLOOM

Non chelated mineral fertilizer... NO SALT compact and doesn't stink, and not a potential biohazard. The best for HAZE

Hi Friends,
Check it out:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=5345
The Bonsai Sultan Method: Typological Breeding for the Non Breeder, Beginner, or Pro with Little Space.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 PM

Thumbs up Dutch Master Gold

The Dutch Master Gold Line is what I use. Besides the good results I get with it, I like it because it can go a week or 2 with no maintenance/adjustments. This is mainly due to the absence of Ammonium Nitrate which is problematic in a sterile hydro. The lack of AN was my primary criteria when I chose DM Gold. I also compared tissue analysis data of 3 different varieties with NPK ratios of just about every product line out there and DM Gold scored the highest with the lowest % of AN. When I plotted the data, the DM Gold NPK chart looked exactly like a tissue analysis chart. I've had a plant nearly suck a DWC dry and the few tablespoons of nutrient that was left was still in range as far as PPM and pH go. Amazing stuff.

I can't grow if my garden has daily needs and not worth doing if I can't go on vacation. Self sufficiency was my main criteria when I designed my garden and the right nutes would pass or fail my attempt so I sought out the most stable and reliable nutes and kept my fingers crossed that the finished product would be good which it is. Altogether it was like 10 bottles of stuff to use DM Gold as defined by their online nutrient calculator. It's a little complicated but not confusing to mix. It ends up being about 1 1/2 tablespoon/gallon of total formula to feed my Mango Haze which is about 1/2 the strength as recommended by DM. I also add-back to my res instead of replacing it weekly like they recommend. I replace the res twice through flowering with a factor of 3 gallon/ft2 reservoir capacity. It's maintenance-free for two weeks on a fresh reservoir in any stage of flowering.

I've compared finished product with organically grown product of the same cut and they smoked exactly the same, you could not tell which joint was which. People tell me my stuff tastes organic all the time and there is no funky taste of any sort when I don't flush. I don't think the flavor is at it's full potential but I saw some really flavorful nugs grown with DM's Potash+ (0-4-9) additive which I will try on my next run. DM recommended this product to me when I asked for a solution to my nitrogen sensitive plants. My reservoir will be even more stable if the Potash+ does what it's supposed to. I'll definitely share my results with the it when I start working with it.

So, yeah, I think this DM Gold is some pretty good stuff. Anything this stable has to be good for your plants. I don't get any salt build up at 1/2 strength but I would get a little bit when I used it at full strength. DM Zone is the best sterilizing agent on the market IMO. Their foliars leave no reside, the formula doesn't crystallize in the bottle, and I've resolved herm issues since switching to it. Plants branch like centipedes on this stuff too. Other than the nitrogen sensitivity, I cannot recall having to diagnose a single plant problem since I started using it. I highly recommend DM Gold. I'm not even curious as to what else is out there at this point.

Overall, I give it 4 1/2 stars because they get -1/2 star for low customer support. I've heard a few reports of e-mail questions not being responded to which has been my experience as well. I got my info on the Potash+ from a local rep which I think is a poor channel to be the only source of this recommendation. Naturally, his first recommendation was to use it at 3/4 strength which is what I was already doing so I fear that maybe I got lucky to have gotten the 2nd piece of info about the P+ outta him.

If you have a "spare no expense" attitude about what you feed your plants, which you should, the DM is fairly priced IMO. It was definitely worth the $200 investment to go from constantly diagnosing problems to the results I get now with far less effort. In short, I bought all the bottles, used 'em just like the manufacturer said, and it instantly solved all of my problems and I'm still converting my investment into yields and free-time. I'm super-duper happy with this stuff. After all, I wouldn't allow myself to purchase Mango Haze until my garden was running optimally.

My current Mango Haze/Dutch Master grow: http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/mango-haz...spaces-17.html

http://www.dutchmaster.com.au/

Peace.

Last edited by cannatari; 05-08-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannatari View Post
The Dutch Master Gold Line is what I use. Besides the good results I get with it, I like it because it can go a week or 2 with no maintenance/adjustments. This is mainly due to the absence of Ammonium Nitrate which is problematic in a sterile hydro. The lack of AN was my primary criteria when I chose DM Gold. I also compared tissue analysis data of 3 different varieties with NPK ratios of just about every product line out there and DM Gold scored the highest with the lowest % of AN. When I plotted the data, the DM Gold NPK chart looked exactly like a tissue analysis chart. I've had a plant nearly suck a DWC dry and the few tablespoons of nutrient that was left was still in range as far as PPM and pH go. Amazing stuff.
thanks for the tip
Old 05-11-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 View Post
Cannatari,
You rock dude! Great f****** post! I was considering trying H&G next (currently running Canna Aqua) but you may have just swayed me to try the DM gold.

I love the analytical approach...we have a lot in common that way. Did you do tissue analysis yourself or did you send them somewhere to have it done?

Thanks bro!

Codadoc, nice idea for a thread!

Cheers all!
Sensi13
Hiya, Sensi.

Thank you for the nice compliment. I'm glad you like.

Here's my thread about the charts:http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/15-plant-...is-charts.html

Peace.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 AM

Nice reply Cannatari, masterful

Has anyone heard of the General Hydroponics new vegan line "Bio-Thrive"?

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

This stuff sounds like this shiznits
Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 AM

General Organics from GH

Used to be "Bio-Bizz"

Gave me the tastiest plants ever. It was the first bottled nutes I've ever used and nothing has compared since.