Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM

Default water temp

this is my first attempt at hydro and im running an aerohydro sys (rainforest66) with an 18 gal res. Normal water temp should be around 73 dig. Mine is up in the 80's. How do i bring it down before i kill my girls? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:03 PM

I haven't done aero before but i would think your plants shouldn't be in any immediate danger of dying at those temps. They won't be quite as happy as they could be and will suffer for it in the longer term so one quick and dirty way to cool things down a bit would be to drop some crushed ice in a bucket 1/2 - 3/4 full of water and let it melt. Turn your pump off temporarily to avoid possibly shocking the roots and add the chilled water to your reservoir, stirring it in until you reach the desired temp then switch the pump back on.

If you wanted to go the more elaborate route you could get hold of an office water cooler, cut a hole out of the bottom of a plastic water container that sits in the cooler, have a pump in your reservoir that circulates it up and through the water container and back to the res. You could put the pump on a timer in order to get a crude form of temperature control - but certainly good enough.

I hope these ideas help you out.