Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 04:19 AM

Default Bloombastic Rules!!

Just wanted to let everyone out there know whats up with the bloom booster bloombastic from atami. This shit is very expensive but I believe its worth it. I bought the smallest bottle which was only like 80 ml for $30 but you only need 1 ml per gallon (be sure not to use much more than this unless you want to fry your ladies). I believe its very similar to canna boost in that its probably some sort of fermented plant material with pk added, probably some heavy metals also, although it says its organic based. The consistency is very thick and you really need to mix it well.

My friends have sworn by it as well as the guys at the hydro shop and I figured theyre just trying to sell some shit and that its just another pk booster.

Well I was wrong, after only one application about 3 weeks into flower, I noticed explosive flower growth and trich coverage overnight. Looking forward to seeing them after a few weeks with this shit.

And no, I am in no way tied to this company or product, I just wanted to let everyone know that this is a very good additive, considering I have never had a product show such pronounced effects after only one application.

The rest of my flowering nute regime is as follows:
cns17, humic acid, molasses and sucanat, great white mychorazae sp?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:25 AM

I'd wait until I harvested and tested to be giving bloombastic such a great review. I tried it and didn't like it, but I'm just one grower. Made my herb look nice, but it didn't taste as good as the plants I ran without it. Just my two pesos.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:26 AM
british_hempire

I doubt you'll use it more than once.

It does give you increased yield and more resin but it ruins the taste. Also, watch out for bud rot, it is notorious for promoting that. Bloombastic reduces the taste and leaves behind a flavour that isn't natural, hard to describe but if taste is important to you I doubt you'll think the end result is great, it will be nice and chunky and resinous but won't taste as good as it could.

You're right that it will fry plants, the original sample bottle I had said use it at 1ml per litre. I tried that, fed at ec 1.6 overall and fried everything.

It's gor clay in it too so is difficult to use in dripper systems, god knows why that clay is in there.

Plagron Green Sensation has very similar ingredients but without the clay.

It is said that Bloombastic is the Bcuzz Booster plus PK and that clay. I have used the Bcuzz Booster and didn't see any noticeable difference. I still have three quarters of the bottle so will try it again.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 AM

hmmm..interesting comments guys. ive tried a friends that used and did not seem to notice any taste issues. I will certainly keep that in mind and see if I can notice any difference. But i plan on doing a nice flush so I dont imagine it will remain in the plants. Then again, some ppl swear by organics vs chemical, where as i find the taste difference is negligible between friends who go strictly veganic over chemical nutes and to me taste really just comes from the genetic side of things. Id assume a good flush and cure would eliminate any remnants of the product. Guess Ill have to compare side by side...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Thumbs up Atami- Ata Organics - B'Cuzz - All Good Products

Atami , And It's Sattelite Brands Are Very Good. I Used Them With Success Using NFT
A Product I Did Use More Than Once Was Called Ata-Organics " Flavour " And Is Made Up From Mollases.
I Stopped Buying Bud Boosters After Being Let Down By So Many ( Doc Hornby Big Bud, Vitalink Buddy , Canna Boost , Etc )
I Do However Continue To Use PK13/14 To Give The Plants A Boost
Theres So Much Hype Out There ; " Overdrive " Being Just One Example

Seems The Best Products Are The Most Established ( Especially Canna And Atami )
JKP
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
british_hempire

Good luck longhorn, the problem we found was despite a 3 week flush you could taste something that shouldn't have been there. Maybe that can be avoided to some degree by using small doses? Please let us know how you get on with it and keep your eye out for little white mould spots on the buds.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 AM

Hey bro, I have used bloombastic for about a year when i grew in a sopiless medium and it was the bomb, now i grow sompletely organiclly and i have beter results now than ever! Although i wouldnt recoment 100% organic growing to everyone. You need a great location and it takes some practice as in any kind of grow, but some people make it sound so simple and there are so many variables that i theink a Sunshine #4 pro mix and Advanced nutrients or BCuzz nutes are they way to go especially if spaci is a factor. I am luck enought to have multiple spots and are great locations with alot of space for mixing soil having compost and making tea etc... We must remeber all our set ups have slight differnces so our plants will react differntly to some nutes than others, as some people dont agree its a great nutrient. Almost all nutrients on the market are synthetic and only and organic base if even that so dont plan an organic grow with synthetic nutes. Make sure you are making the best choices for you and the space you have availible! I never had any problem flushing my plants after use and i didnt flush for three weeks, two max and tasted great as ussuall but that is just my experiance!?!. Peace all, SENSI

Last edited by sensisansei; 02-16-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
A Product I Did Use More Than Once Was Called Ata-Organics " Flavour " And Is Made Up From Mollases.
did a side by side "flushing" test

one was flushed as always with plain tap water (ec 0.1)

one was flushed with common nutes, just lowered ec (0,8)

one was flushed with pk 13/14 (ec 1,2)

which was the best ?

it was the pk13/14

and it was atamis ata-organics bloom (works exeptionally well on coco too )

if the flavor is only half as good as the bloom, then ur search is now over
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 PM

Im not surprised really at all..I find that my plants tend to suffer and show signs of stress when they are flushed excessively...Why starve them of nutrients in the last most important part of their life. Thats why i tend to use an organic sucanat/molasses flush because they still recieve some nutrient and add some nice flavor at the end without potential harmful chems...Thats all that is contained in flushing products anyways (sugar water). Besides its not like the plants are actually going to have pk or whatever actually running through them, the plant roots feed on the nutrients.

I do seem to recognize a distint smell similar to what the bloombastic itself smells like emanating from the plants however and hoping that it will dissipate once the use has stopped in a few weeks and after drying...only time will tell. Still no signs of burning from the product and my plants look further along and more healthy and lush than ever (used at a quarter to half strength) bottle says 2-4ml per gallon...I use 5ml for 5 gal solution with about half strength regular nutrients. If only I had some co2 in this grow I could probably hit 3#s under one light.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:11 PM

Get co2 its worth it! I think its an ok nutrient. I had an ok time flushing it yet i alwys use m,olasis these days as i said i grow organicly and it works great and no reminants of any nutrients at all! When properly flshed, as always and i like to dark room as well for about 48-56hrs as i do feel it helps with potency and activating the resin to be active as if its not you will only get part of the potency possible with the flowers youve grown, and as you will find these little things can make a big differance. Ive come to believe that maicuing and curing your bud properly is almost if not just as important as the way you grow it. Peace all. SENSI