Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Aeroponics?

Whats up yall, can anyone help a rookie out?

Im trying to decide what kind of system to use for my lil operation. The hempy bucket sounds really efficient, but Ive been reading about aero and i really like the idea. I found a txt that said you could simply use a aquarium pump and some airstones in a plastic container heres the link http://www.seedbankupdate.com/aero.htm

I know this example is for clones, but it sounds like you can grow them out if you do it right. Has anyone used a method like this? If so did it work well? What kind of problems did you run into?

It sounds like it would work very well? what do yall think?

I appreciate it guys, knowledge is power!!!

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food. - Gen 1:29
Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
Whats up yall, can anyone help a rookie out?

Im trying to decide what kind of system to use for my lil operation. The hempy bucket sounds really efficient, but Ive been reading about aero and i really like the idea. I found a txt that said you could simply use a aquarium pump and some airstones in a plastic container heres the link http://www.seedbankupdate.com/aero.htm

I know this example is for clones, but it sounds like you can grow them out if you do it right. Has anyone used a method like this? If so did it work well? What kind of problems did you run into?

It sounds like it would work very well? what do yall think?

I appreciate it guys, knowledge is power!!!

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food. - Gen 1:29
Hi El Duderino and welcome to the Mr Nice Forums

I have never used an aero system like this particular one,but i have run DWC setups that have done a similar job by using just a decent sized bucket an airstone and air pump.
Using the DWC systems i have had awesome results and really good yields,i have used my DWC setups for rooting clones aswell the only reason i have never got to try an aeroponic system is because the mist head are hard for me to find and the high pressure pumps can be expensive,but i would like to give it ago at some but thats the reason i had to take the DWC route,this is also a very good system to use when getting started with hydro growing "i think".

Since you have mentioned the Hempy Buckets i don,t think it gets any easier than this to be honest,i ran a couple of the Hempy buckets last year but ran into a few problems along the way,they give me a decent harvest still but could have been a helluva alot better but it was my own fault really, i am running another three hempy buckets now,and since i got a bit more info on them the results i am seeing now is out of this world, "Thanks to the creator of these buckets",all i needed to do was sort out a high pH from my tapwater, and now the plants have taken off big time,the growth spurts i have seen while i,ve been vegging these plants is amazing El Duderino, it would be even worth your while to set one up and give it a try maybe as a test run to see what i,m talking about they are amazing dude,i know this post is,nt much help to your question but thought it would maybe give you another choice of growing style, and if you need any help regarding the DWC i can give you some help with that no problem.
Sorry if this post has not answered your question but it might give you another system to think about.Take Care Hashish
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM

Really appreciate the post Hashish, good info and thanks for makin me feel welcome.

I think your right , the hempy bucket seems to be the easiest way to go ( and cheapest ) for me right now. I figure a 400w hps will work with, I'm gonna try 6 buckets for now ( first time ). Hopefully if I stay on top of the PH (5.5-6.5?)and use the nutrients ( GH 3 part) right it will go smoothly.My goal is to journal this grow and post it realtime, I got the seeds off the street some kind of Mexican sativa I guess... the buds I got them from were decent so ,good enough until the goodseeds come!

Talk about great timing, I was either gonna build the aero system or spend hundreds on a hydro system, Hempy if you catch this I totally appreciate it, saved so much money.

Thanks again for the info Hashish, any tips are always very appreciated

Old 10-26-2007, 08:19 AM

Default No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
Really appreciate the post Hashish, good info and thanks for makin me feel welcome.

I think your right , the hempy bucket seems to be the easiest way to go ( and cheapest ) for me right now. I figure a 400w hps will work with, I'm gonna try 6 buckets for now ( first time ). Hopefully if I stay on top of the PH (5.5-6.5?)and use the nutrients ( GH 3 part) right it will go smoothly.My goal is to journal this grow and post it realtime, I got the seeds off the street some kind of Mexican sativa I guess... the buds I got them from were decent so ,good enough until the goodseeds come!

Talk about great timing, I was either gonna build the aero system or spend hundreds on a hydro system, Hempy if you catch this I totally appreciate it, saved so much money.

Thanks again for the info Hashish, any tips are always very appreciated

Your more than welcome El Duderino
I think when you set the buckets up you won,t be dissappointed with the outcome, if you take alook through Hempy,Jesse or Scorpions galleries you will see some good pics of what the hempy buckets can do for you and your plants, so maybe you wanna check those out and see what they are really about,there is a tutorial that Jesse put together for us,but also shows the simplicity involved for getting the buckets up an running i have put the link at the bottom of the page so you can check it out aswell.
If there is anything else we can help you with don,t hesitate to ask El Duderino as there is always someone around the boards.Take Care and talk soon Hashish

BTW,if you are having problems with a high pH of your water,it was recommended to me to pH at 6.0,and it,s working perfectley so far.

Link to Jesse's Guide,it starts from post #58
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=128&page=6