Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Suggestions for a homemade Scrubber?

Hello All ! Can

Last edited by resinbud; 11-27-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinbud View Post
Hello All ! Can you make a scrubber out of 4 inch PVC pipe filled with activaited carbon, and suck through the bottom with a can fan? Is there a right way or a wrong way? peace, resinbud
Hi Resinbud
I think it would pull some heat out ,depending on the room size,when you mentioned this i thought you might be using it for a cab or somewhere small.

I have a small store bought scrubber with a 4" can fan similar to what your using, i use this in smaller spaces and i still get a fair amount of hot air in the room, it has more to do with the fan speeds, and how fast the fan is pulling the hot air out of the room/s and how fast it gets pulled through the filter as it usually goes through all sides of the filter and yours will only be coming out through the end of a 4" pipe.
The only real way to know Resinbud is to make one and try it out,and see how it performs for your particular room size,then you should find out if the fan is fast enough for your job and let us know how it performs for you.Hope this helps you abit Resinbud.Take Care Hashish
Old 10-26-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinbud View Post
Good to hear from you Hashish, Thanks ! I would like you to know that I have designed set up as follows. Four foot long 4 inch PVC, Metal screen at bottom, Two Nylons inside pipe. Filled 4 inch PVC with Activaited Carbon. Top part of 4 inch PVC is attached to a 4 inch flexible pipe top of light for heat extraction. Bottom of tube is a 4 inch sewer pipe that goes to 6 inch, and that is attached to a 425 vortex fan sucking heat out of room. This is now being constructed, and was tested with a 70cfm fan sucking through it, and worked. I could feel and hear the suction even with this small fan. I will give it a try and let you all know my honest opinion on overall design. I am confident it will work as it is a small space, and have very few mommas, ONLY the Great Ones, Mango Widow for sure!! Thanks, Hashish!! peace, resinbud
Hi Resinbud,
well how things coming along with the scrubber so far?,have you got it operating yet bro?,just make sure you really pack the carbon it into the PVC pipe as it will probably do alot more for your situation and help especially with odours aswell as heat.
Do you know that you can do the exact same thing using dry cat litter they sell in the pet stores and it works very well for a project like yours, as it,s for removing the smell in cat litter trays,and it,s cheap aswell.
It,s just a though Resinbud as it would give you another option for building your filter and keeping the price down at the same time.Hope it turns out well for you and gets your job done let us know how it,s coming along.Take Care Hashish