Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Q for compost growers

Hi All,
for my last grow and my current grow i've been using Westlands MP and Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom nutes, had no real problems with either but at some stage i'd like to try different composts and nutes, which compost and nutes do you guys use?, it'll be good to hear what you more experienced growers use as i'm still in my first year of growing, peace, Herb
Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb View Post
Hi All,
for my last grow and my current grow i've been using Westlands MP and Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom nutes, had no real problems with either but at some stage i'd like to try different composts and nutes, which compost and nutes do you guys use?, it'll be good to hear what you more experienced growers use as i'm still in my first year of growing, peace, Herb
Hi herb
i use Westland Mp Advanced, with added john innes,with Metrop Nutrients
i use Levington Mp,with Amsterdam indoor Nutrients,but have used the bio bizz grow & bloom,iguana juice,Gen-X Nutrients and more with both these soils and got top results, infact i will be switching back to bio bizz for my next grow, as the taste is alot better using it and is the same with the Iguana Juice.hope that helps herb.Hashish
Old 10-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Hi Hashish,
when i started this grow i couldn't decide which boost(s) to use along with the Grow and Bloom, i've ended up not using any boosts again but next grow i was thinking of giving either Topmax or Heaven a go, and compost next time was thinking of trying All mix, have you used any of these before?, i've heard of the Iguana Juice before but never seen it, is it a flowering booster? i also noticed a few weeks ago B.A.C Organic grow, bloom and they have an Organic PK13/14, would be interesting to use both the Bio Bizz and B.A.C on seperate plants/clones to see the differences, peace, Herb
Old 10-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Hiya herb.
I have,nt used the heaven or the Topmax yet,but you have now given me a good reason to get it,my supplier does,nt have the Heaven at the moment but does have the Topmax.i have never heard of the B.A.C.
The Iguana juice is by Advanced Nutrients, it,s an Organic grow & Bloom and it does put a bit of magic into the plants and the end product is outta this world for taste and pure white burning ash.
But before they scaled down the dosage rates it burnt the shit outta my Ak,s,but they survived and they finished up on the Bio bizz nutes.
The dosage is alot lower now for the Iguana juice like 3.5ml per litre as before it was 15ml,i have never really bothered that much with booster apart from the ones that come with my Nute sets, the Amsterdam indoor have a bottle called bud booster and you do get great results with it,and the Metrop has got PK13/14 already built in.

As for the Allmix soils i have heard different things,but those who have used it have alot of problems,it has too much nitrogen in it, aswell as a very high EC,and more suitable for outdoor than indoor growing,one supplier i know ended up with three full palletes no being sold,and the ones that did buy it only came back to complain about it,so he discontinued it.

BTW herb if you do get one of those boosters, i would buy the other bottle to compare the growth of bud,if you get the Heaven i would try the Topmax or vice versa it would be good to see the end results,what ya think?.Hashish
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi Hashish,
yeah thats a great idea, it'll be really interesting to see if there's any noticable difference, i've also heard mixed reviews about the Heaven but i'm more than willing to give it a go,another compost which i was thinking of which you'll probably have heard of is Foxfarm Organic i think its called?, not sure who sells it but i'd be able to find it in and around the internet, i'll have to start ordering my compost off the internet now anyway as the shop where i was getting my Westlands MP has now stopped selling it due to the summer/gardening season ending, do you know which Strain(s) you'll be growing next?, peace, Herb
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb View Post
Hi Hashish,
yeah thats a great idea, it'll be really interesting to see if there's any noticable difference, i've also heard mixed reviews about the Heaven but i'm more than willing to give it a go,another compost which i was thinking of which you'll probably have heard of is Foxfarm Organic i think its called?, not sure who sells it but i'd be able to find it in and around the internet, i'll have to start ordering my compost off the internet now anyway as the shop where i was getting my Westlands MP has now stopped selling it due to the summer/gardening season ending, do you know which Strain(s) you'll be growing next?, peace, Herb
Hi mate
yeah i,m up for it herb.
I know about the Foxfarm,i just can,t get it in my part of the world,but i would like to give it a run at some point.
I,m in the UK so shipping cost would be high for me to have it shipped,and the only soil the supplies shop sells is the All Mix,when do you think your next grow will be herb?,as i am still in the middle of my room trying to sort a few problem out,i,m not sure what strains i,lle be running just yet i have a lot of plants sitting here just vegging until i can get them back into a light proof room again,but i definitley wanna do a comparison grow should be fun,i have a few Dreamtimes veging at the moment they are slow but getting there,which is actually good with no room to flower just now.
But when your near ready let me know and we can get it started.Hashish

Heres a link to the FoxFarm
http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/index.html
Old 10-20-2007, 11:55 AM

hi Hashish,
hopefully it won't take me too long to get another light, at the minute i've only got the one 400w HPS system, i've been meaning to get another light for a while so i can have 2 grow rooms instead of the 1, i would like to try 1 or more of these strains, strains i've been wanting to grow since i started - Super Silver Haze, Nevilles Haze, Mango Haze, NL5 x Haze, Jack Herer, Nevilles Haze Mango and G13 Skunk, peace, Herb
Old 12-17-2007, 10:46 AM

Hi Hashish,
Well that's me pretty much ready for the next grow, got most of the strains i'll be growing, just to pick up 1 of the boosts we were talking about, bottle of Bloom, new lamp/bulb and new mylar, will have them all before new year and ready to start just after Jan 1st, if your still interested in doing the Bio Bizz Booster comparison grow let me know , Have a great christmas mate and look forward to speaking to you around the forum 2008 onwards, peace, Herb