Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Hey Doobz,JKP nice looking setup Doobz i immagine it should work well for clones that arent going to get very big my concern with such a system is room for root growth to prevent rootbound maybe it isnt as big an issue as with soil but undoubtedly still has to come into play at some point when the roots simply have no more room to grow anyone who has ever taken a look as we all do at the rootball of a harvested plant can see that with most plants trees shrubs and soforth there is always at least double the root mass than there is actual growing plant above the ground imo room for roots is imperative to the full unstunted potential of any plant especially when they are young and vegging as this is when the basic entire plant structure is built. ime plants that feel root bound just dont have the vigor or size of plants that have plenty of room to grow roots...this post isnt intended to dis your op only expressing my concerns of the very limited area available to the roots of your plants
wish you the best of luck with your system bro hope you have a great harvest from it edd

"YES WEED CAN"

"Make Nature happen in one room quicker than normal"
Old 11-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeddie View Post
Hey Doobz,JKP nice looking setup Doobz i immagine it should work well for clones that arent going to get very big my concern with such a system is room for root growth to prevent rootbound maybe it isnt as big an issue as with soil but undoubtedly still has to come into play at some point when the roots simply have no more room to grow anyone who has ever taken a look as we all do at the rootball of a harvested plant can see that with most plants trees shrubs and soforth there is always at least double the root mass than there is actual growing plant above the ground imo room for roots is imperative to the full unstunted potential of any plant especially when they are young and vegging as this is when the basic entire plant structure is built. ime plants that feel root bound just dont have the vigor or size of plants that have plenty of room to grow roots...this post isnt intended to dis your op only expressing my concerns of the very limited area available to the roots of your plants
wish you the best of luck with your system bro hope you have a great harvest from it edd
Thanks Eddie, Its a good job someone knows what they are talking about hey?!

Its Nice To Be Important.. But Its More Important To Be Nice..
Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Right we had a slight problem yesterday evening.. When I say problem I don't know if its really a problem or just me.. When the lights came on I went to check on things and the roots were hanging out the ends into the rez. I put them back into the chambers but they were out again this morning when I woke up..

I did some reading and it seems its not the end of the world but with my OCD when it comes to plants etc I don't really want those roots hanging out. I have found some mesh that I am going to tape over the bottom of the chambers and see how it goes..

I guess its a good thing really that they are so vigorous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_9054 (Custom).JPG (90.8 KB, 5 views)

Old 11-04-2010, 09:22 PM

Everything looking normal as far as I can see. I cant believe its only day 4 and the growth is crazy

I Did not manage to get the mesh fitted but checked the roots and its not as serious as expected. I am not sure how much harm them getting some light is.

Temps 26C
RH 52%
Nute Temps 21C
Nute PH 5.8

The PH is very stable. When I made up the nute mix it was @ 5.71 and its settled now at 5.8.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 AM

How About A Triple Decker Aeroflo Next Time Doobz ?
BTW Are You Aware GHE Sell Improved Mister Heads Now ?
Peace
Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aquaflow-3tier- 6 Whitefires.jpg (13.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg aquaflo- 4 supernovas.jpg (67.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg aquaponie.jpg (37.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: gif Aeroponic-Inflatable-2007.gif (127.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 45 decibels- last a lifetime.jpg (69.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: gif X-07-atomix-atomiser- stainless steel and brass.gif (5.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Wilma-mc320-oxypump agitating res-BotanicAL.jpg (119.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
british_hempire

Looking good so far. I'm going to try a DIY fogponics bucket shortly, I got a hydrosonic fogger cheap on ebay and doing a 3-way test between coco, a fogponics bucket and a DWC bucket with a hydor ario submersible pump using the same cut in all three to see what yields best and how the quality and taste differs. My bet is the fogponics will yield best if it works, although the DWC might run it close.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire View Post
Looking good so far. I'm going to try a DIY fogponics bucket shortly, I got a hydrosonic fogger cheap on ebay and doing a 3-way test between coco, a fogponics bucket and a DWC bucket with a hydor ario submersible pump using the same cut in all three to see what yields best and how the quality and taste differs. My bet is the fogponics will yield best if it works, although the DWC might run it close.
Hiya mate, it sounds good. Would be nice to see a side by side grow like that..

Old 11-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Slight update. i did a rez change today because I am going to be busy over the next few days.

Temps 26C
RH 58%

Nute Temps 20C
Nute PH 5.8
Nute EC 0.8
40ml Vitalink Max A
40ml Vitalink Max B

I am also adding 20ml of Liquid Oxygen every few days as a preventative for any nasties..

The growth is still going strong and at just 4 days into 12/12 I am happy that they should only be about 30cm once the stretch has completed.

They have been in 12/12 now since the 3rd and I will stick to grow nutes till the 17th.

Some pics from this eve before the rez change..

Old 11-07-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire View Post
heya BH cant wait to see how that comparison works out.. i have grown in fog
i think you will like the ease of use and the smaller amount of time,cost,nutes etc. that fog has to offer. i have a diy 12 site fog cloner it works awesome
best of luck with it dude got my ticket right here for the show:>) lata bro

"YES WEED CAN"

"Make Nature happen in one room quicker than normal"
Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 PM

i grabbed some more pics this eve as I had some stuff to take care of up there.

Cant get over 6 days growth.. Plants are looking super healthy.. PH is all stable and temps are perfect..

As you can see the inter-nodes have started alternating now so we should start to see some stretch. I am going to keep them under this MH for a few more days then change to a new HPS like I do for all my grows.

Last edited by Doobz; 11-08-2010 at 06:56 PM.