Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 03:31 PM

haha Dawn Thanks for the kind words.

I could loose the spiders but since I am not working they are my only income right now.

The way it works out is if we have a successful mating and the female produces a viable egg sack then we can make a couple of thousand pounds off one egg sack.

At the moment we are trying something really unusual by breeding a Mexican Red Knee Female with a Cobalt Blue Male.

The problem is the Female is very aggressive and she tries to eat the male before he is able to pass on his sperm.

We are going to try again in a few days but we will try the usual trick of giving her something to eat while we let him loose in her house.. I will try and get some pics..

Stay Cool,
Doobz

Its Nice To Be Important.. But Its More Important To Be Nice..
Old 10-08-2010, 01:08 PM

hi Doobz lovely setup you'v got goin looks familiar

your other jobby (job/hobby) sounds really interesting id love to know
how they get on, where i went to college had an animal care department
which had a lot of spiders, the cobalt blue sounds familiar

good luck
Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 PM

Cheers Zesk.. Familiar hey? Dunno if thats a good or a bad thing...

Woeps I missed posting here the other day.. With all the shit happening on the forum I was swayed a bit

Here is the post from 420

A nice day for me yesterday. I was lucky enough to pick up a Echotecnics Evoloution Controller for 150 from my local grow shop thanks to my missus giving me some cash as an early birthday prezzie. The dudes now do price matching at the shop so I am stoked..

I had a bit of a mission getting it sorted and decided not to wire the fans etc in directly but to attach 4 way sockets instead so I can just plug in my appliances directly in case I ever need to add more or whatever.

Not much of an update but just grabbed some pics while I was checking the controller to make sure it was not sucking out the sulfume vapor when it comes on.. Its not doing so, so I am happy..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8748.JPG (99.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8751.JPG (143.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8752.JPG (105.8 KB, 84 views)

Old 10-08-2010, 01:19 PM

I also have these Kiwi-Seeds Mt-Cook plants on the go that I might put into sex tonight. I don't really need them right now and should probably not have popped the beans but you know what its like when you get new beans?.. You just want to grow them.. A few days after receiving the Mt Cook Seeds I received some seeds from Matt from Crazy-X seeds.. I am very grateful to him for sending them to me after he heard that I binned all my plants etc.. Below is what I received..

Fat Russians (White Russian x Chronic)
Colombian gold x lemon stinky,
train-wreck x lemon stinky,
lavender G13 Haze x Chronic,

I have no idea when I am going to grow them but rest assured they will be grown at some point.. the Fat Russians Sound Niiiice

So Back to the Mt-Cook seeds.. Here are the 4 pheno's I have to work with. The one that I like the most has a Male sort of look to it. No.. I ain't bent..

I might keep it if its a male as the Mt-Cook seeds are very hard to get hold of nowadays.. I might see what happens if I cross it with the cheese to try and increase the yield potential.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8755.JPG (83.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8756.JPG (79.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8757.JPG (85.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8758.JPG (84.5 KB, 0 views)

Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM

I have also grabbed some of this stuff called Mono potassium phosphate

I sometimes use Grotek Monster Bloom and have been told that this stuff is exactly the same stuff just 30 cheaper per 500g

Still really happy with the ecotechnics controller - It seems to have my fans off a lot more which is good for the leccy bill..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8762.JPG (172.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Doobz; 10-08-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Nice grow Doobz!! I smoked Exodus Cheese one time that Subcool gave me and it was VERY, good meds and I liked it a lot. I hear those cuts are hard to come by so congrates on having it.
I wish you the best with her and I can't wait to see how she turns out.
Peace,
PD
A Fairy tale start's with "Once upon a time" and a
fishing tale start's with "This is no bullshit!"
Capt. Phil Harris
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 PM
british_hempire

Wow doobz, your setup is so clean and well organised, I like it very much, great work mate, your plants are all lovely and healthy, proving that you don't need fancy expensive nutes just a feel for the plants and their needs and a little bit of info on the nutrients you have. Chempak used to do a 100-odd page free book you could send off for that was absolutely chockful of fantastic info, it listed all of their products with their exact formulations given and how they were to be used to grow all types of plants, completely the opposite of how cannabis nute companies work where they tell you almost nothing about what's in the bottle. I still have that book somewhere, I got it in the early 90s when I first began to grow (using Chempak nutes, I liked the Orchid Bloom and Orchid Grow) and the info in it taught me to grow prety much.

The Mt Cook is said to be a Cheese cross so I expect you will like it, it's more indica than the Cheese cut from what I've heard so if it is a Cheese cross they will have crossed it to an indica methinks. If you do get a male your idea of crossing it to the Cheese would be an excellent one. I had a Cheese x Yumboldt cutting that was superior to the Cheese in every way, it produced buds that tasted and smelt exactly like the real Cheese but it was half as tall, yielded twice as much and the buds were twice as dense, Yumboldt is an old Afghan so crossing Cheese to an Afghan type indica would be a very good thing imho.

The Trainwreck that mat used to make that cross you have came from me, I absolutely love TW and from the description and pics of the TW mat selected I think he picked a good one so I think those beans hold a lot of potential for something really nice indeed. Then again, I would say that with the TW being my work! lol

Everything your doing looks and sounds great to me, I'm very impressed so keep it up mate, you have a good handle on things and it pleases me much to see. The spiders even sound interesting, I've not had a pet since my beloved lil doggie passed away 4 years ago, a Tarantula sounds like a interesting pet, can you tell me a little about how they need to be kept and fed, once many years ago a friend gave me his Tarantula to handle for a few minutes and I found it fascinating, the feeling as it crawled on my skin was very strangely pleasant and it wasn't in the slightest bit unsettling so I could see me owning one of my own. How much do they cost?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Chana Masala

Whats Up D,

Just wanted to see what you are up too... looks like you are busy... good work brother.

Enjoy your super skunk and make sure you keep those carbon scrubbers running strong... dont want any issues right!

Looking forward to see what happens when you add the MKP in your last few weeks.

I see BH stopped by, why dont you get some special cultivars from him for a new tarantula ... you guys are crazy, the missus would shit a bird!

Be well...

Chana
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 PM
british_hempire

Hehe, I'd be up for exchanging some special cuts and seeds for a spider!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadank View Post
Nice grow Doobz!! I smoked Exodus Cheese one time that Subcool gave me and it was VERY, good meds and I liked it a lot. I hear those cuts are hard to come by so congrates on having it.
I wish you the best with her and I can't wait to see how she turns out.
Peace,
PD

Cheers papadank - Its a very unique smell mate and the smoke is distinctive too.. Its weird the way you can be walking through a city and you smell weed all the time but you KNOW when someone is smoking the cheese.. Its nuts...