Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 AM

hello folks,

from what I have seen on other forums etc. Are RF complaints about them, if it does not come with the long lead on it.
Then you need to buy 3core RF SHIELDED cable and a couple of kettle plugs male and female and make them off with as much shieleding left covering as possible.
The other complaint would be burning out, I now belive this is caused by useing a mix match of bulbs.
There ballasts are designed to work with there bulbs and vice versa.

The MH are massive and the HPS are smaller you would think its a four hundred in comparison.

http://www.plant-lighting.com/produc...T_KEY1&c=LAMPS

#
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #";58277]hello coxnox,

[SIZE="5
lumatec! = powerplant !.[/SIZE]

I use lumatec and was advised by them to use there bulbs Power Plant super HPS and MH.

I have had no problems since, with a nice/good density 3'6".

bud density is good too.
is there anywhere i can see the light spectrum of this lamp ? because it's not a well know bulb here in france.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:05 AM

here a pic!,

hopefully you can see?.

#

Last edited by "#"; 08-23-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxnox View Post
lumatek nxe dimmable 400/600W(350W, 400W, 600W+super lumen)...wich one have prob with e-ballast ?
I couldnt possibly say.

There are loads of topic in other forums going back to 2007 - 2010. I know SON T hps bulbs have problems with not firing up to blowing up, I would email lumatek but they say its due to the bulbs they need to be made more better they have updated the ballasts now they need to update the bulbs.

I only rescently deleted all my favourite websites because I was reading up on the lumatek ballasts wish I kept them now :P. But the latest ballasts are the ones with the super lumen switch which are more stable apparently just need a HPS/MH to work perfectly then your sorted. But there is one other thing with all digital ballasts is they give off some wave which has been know to knock out peoples satalite tv.

Lumatek say they have fixed this issue but there is a video on youtube which says otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUk74khIFk
Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrain View Post
I couldnt possibly say.

There are loads of topic in other forums going back to 2007 - 2010. I know SON T hps bulbs have problems with not firing up to blowing up, I would email lumatek but they say its due to the bulbs they need to be made more better they have updated the ballasts now they need to update the bulbs.

I only rescently deleted all my favourite websites because I was reading up on the lumatek ballasts wish I kept them now :P. But the latest ballasts are the ones with the super lumen switch which are more stable apparently just need a HPS/MH to work perfectly then your sorted. But there is one other thing with all digital ballasts is they give off some wave which has been know to knock out peoples satalite tv.

Lumatek say they have fixed this issue but there is a video on youtube which says otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUk74khIFk
i have the one with super lumen and get ANY problem with my 2 satelitte tv...with magnetic i get some prob !!
for the moment i tested 2 bulb with it, hps 600W plantastar from osram and mh 400W sylvania britelux and get any problem(to start them) with any of this two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "#" View Post
here a pic!,
hopefully you can see?.
yes thanks man, look a little beat similar to the plantastar, with a little beat of blue in it. but it's look hard to found here.
i think i will go with the osram navt super 4Y(or the philps sont plus) and make a test between this one and the plantastar.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
do you have a link where i can see this test ?

Here are the links you asked coxnox..and parts of the relevant posts (i recommend to read the whole posts for more statistics):

"A clear 1kw HQI-T MH produces the most potent weed followed closely by a mix of 600w son-t and a clear 400w HQI-T not quite as potent with slightly more yield, followed a long long way back for potency by a 1kw son-t-plus but about 8% higher yield in weight than the pure halide. My personal choice for growing are the mixed lights as its really flexible in what you can do. For breeding I go for pure halide all the way. So basically all our findings go right against current thinking. But we are only interested in quality, what the weed does when smoked and not the biggest weight per watt."
http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.ph...17&#entry18917

" I’ll repeat this yet again don’t buy son-t-agro/growlux/planta they produce inferior yield to standard son-t-plus lamps.

[]D [] []v[] []D why don’t you try replacing one of your lamps with a mh and compare the potency of the bud produced where you are getting mixed light with the bud produced with just sodium."

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.ph...4&#entry122924

"Blue enhanced sodiums are hopeless, they produce both lower yields and potency than standard son-t plus lamps ie you pay more and get less.

The minuscule amount of blue light produced by so called enhanced sodiums improves photosynthesis in low energy plants like pot Chrysanthemums. Cannabis is a high energy plant, some schools think the thc/resin glands developed to protect against intense shortwave light. Halides provide that to some extent, but don’t compare to high altitude sunlight in the tropics."

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.ph...dpost&p=111033

Last edited by L33t; 08-23-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Breeder

Originally Posted by L33t View Post
Now here is something interesting , an experienced grower over another site did some comparison tests between Philips horticultural type bulbs (with added Blue/green) and Philips simple HPS (simple orange).

"He found the ones with extra blue were better for veg than the orange ones but for flowering he noticed a bit more return with the plain orange ones (higher yields).

He also did tests with HPS vs MH for flowering as well as HPS+MH and MH only. The MH only gave 8% lower yields compared to only-HPS but certain sativa strains become more psychoactive and with a more complex effect with the MH and MH+HPS."
.................................................. .................................................. .

I'd pretty much agree with this statement. In most cases HPS is more efficient, certainly for cash croppers. I only had one room with a third MH where I grew sativas.
N.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Nice to hear you also agree Nev.

Ever grown sats under MH only? If so what were the results compared to HPS only and MH+HPS?
I 've grown with MH+HPS at 1:1 ratio but never with MH only throughout all flowering.
I find MH make more leafy plants (and less stretchy) similar to the Sunlight. While HPS produce higher calyx to leaf ratio in my experience compared to MH or natural Sunlight. But MH+HPS does improve things in certain cases , quality wise , as others find too.

Last edited by L33t; 08-23-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-23-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
i have the one with super lumen and get ANY problem with my 2 satelitte tv...with magnetic i get some prob !!
for the moment i tested 2 bulb with it, hps 600W plantastar from osram and mh 400W sylvania britelux and get any problem(to start them) with any of this two.
I dont understand what your saying, you do or dont get get any problems with your two satellite tv's, also you with your bulbs you tested?. I still like lumatek ballasts they have a less failure rate now I noticed from comments on forums then it before hand.

Advanced nutrients has a new ballast called "badass ballast" yet again from this company "they say all, you see fuck all" is what I say. I am not sure about advanced nutrients sometimes, they seem to make out they are rocket scientists and yet they dont have a coco base nutrient, they did have and it was called monkey juice, probably was crap and pulled it from the market.

I think company's and people know now there is loads of money to be made in the weed game as I call it, and are making hyped stuff but I think digi ballasts are wicked just need more time to test and research. most if not all are made in china explains why they burn out of blow up now and then.

Have you expirenced a loud humming or flicking of your bulbs?.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
thanks all for your answer...

and you really think they manufacture their bulb themself ? because many brand use philips or osram do made their bulb and just put their name on it.
do you have a link of their bulb ? because i'm not able to find on lumatek website.
I would imagine they had a say in how the bulbs were manufactured if they didn't make them themselves and that this say would include specifications compatible with their ballasts.

Like using a fertilizer regimen- not all ingredients from a single brand may be sourced from the same area, company, what have you, but they are sourced with the idea in mind that they must be compatible. However, there are more accomplished growers with more experience than I- I am just offering you my rational. Peace, and good luck!