Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 04:49 PM

Default GG's room in the MNS house

I'd thought I'd set myself up in here if nobody minds, it will be nice to have somewhere that I can show all my non MNS strains that I have, although some, if not alot, have a bit of MNS in them somewhere.
The 2 outdoor girls are (L)NYCD x Bubblegum and Bubblegum(R), I started to force these into flower on the day I took this pic,over the weekend, so they should start to show buds in the next few weeks, my first outdoor, yipee!!

No hiding the MNS in this one, it's Congo Haze by Kiwi seeds, which is Nevilles Haze x Reeferman's Red Congolese, beautiful strain, great high and ridiculous taste, like ginger beer and frankincense.
These are at day 21 of flower, should be ready in 70 days total, this stuff REEKS!

I'll be back later with some more, as it's dinner time now!

Peace ,
GG
Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM

GG, your plants look super healthy How do you run the scrog? Soil, hydro? That sounds like a killer cut to be done in 10 weeks
Old 05-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Paddystar, it's a pleasure to have you here.
Been a fan of your grow style for quite a while, keep it up mate.

I run 95% of my plants in NFT tanks, everything except my 9 mothers and the occasional personal plant I find a bit of space for in the growroom.
The 2 outdoor ladies were last years mothers, but I'm gonna flower them out, I have new mothers from cuts that I took from them a while ago.

I love the simplicity of NFT, but for some of my favourite smokes I'll grow them organically in pots, stuck in the side of the room.
I have 2 congos in pots in the congo tent, squashed against the wall and have a hindu kush growing in between my 2 tanks of Nev's skunk too.
No need to tell you how good organic bud is though Paddy.

For comparison, here's a pic of the congo's when they were 2 days into flower,

Below are some Mexican Haze x Pink Bubblegum. The Mexican haze is from Kiwi seeds and is the cut of Nev's NL5/Haze that's still floating around Holland, crossed to a Mexican male.
It's one of my favourite smokes when in the dam and while there the last time I was able to source some female pollen from the mexican haze that the coffeshops use. Soon as I got back I dusted down my pink bubblegum cut with the pollen and hey presto, I ended up with this monster, huge colas wrapped in a coating of racy thc, with a very high ceiling to the effects.

2 weeks into flower in these pics, but they just keep growing all the way through flower so should end up about 3-4 foot by the end.
4 cuts in each tank, with a 600w HPS on a lightrail above each tank.

The plant in the middle is my pink bubblegum crossed to a stinky Hindu kush male from Sensi, only grown 1 cut of this girl before and she was harvested early due to security issues so looking forward to see how she turns out.

Peace ,GG
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
herbmister

hi GG

those outdoor girls look super happy,how are you forcing them?
I forced my now dead nl5xh under a wheelie bin last year,worked a treat

iv never tryed a sog,always wanted to just never got round to it.So ill be watching your run and taking notes hehe

ta for letting us in to your room
Old 05-18-2010, 06:44 PM

Hey there Herb,
Gonna force these girls by putting them in a ''spare'' 1m2 growtent I've put up in my garage.
I was sent the tent by mistake when I ordered a bigger tent, and the company told me I could hold onto it due to the cost or returning it to them, score

In the tent, I have a little table lamp on a timer set to come on from 8am to 8pm everyday, so once I have the 2 girls in the tent before 8pm then everythings cool.
I don't have to put them out at a certain time in the mornings as the light comes on at 8am, so whenever I fall out of bed I can go and move them out into the garden.

Works well in the evenings as I can just put them into the tent whenever I need, once it's before 8 then it's all good, + handy for the weekend too, as you can throw them in at about 6 on saturday evening and not have to worry about them till sun afternoon, or later!!!!!

How's your outdoor Nev's skunk doing, have you been back to check on her yet?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:56 PM
herbmister

why is it everyone but me gets free stuff,only jokin

free tent .... total score

yer iv been to check on the two of them,there doin ok lookin a bit weathered but ok.The weather has been warming up over the last couple of days so its all good.

Its proper hard work grtting to them now, all the undergrowth has turned in to overgrowth hehehe,its all thistles nettles and brambles.Ive got six nl5xh f2s to go out but im dreading grttin back out there

lovin the lazy methods sounds a lot like somthink id do hehehehe
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 AM

Here's a little pic I took of my outdoorNYCDXBubblegum girl yesterday while she was basking in the sunshine, she's only a week into flower and already she's producing buds

Indoors she finishes at 8-9weeks,with heavy stinky buds,she leans more towards Shani's Afghan/Hawaiian that's in the genes, can't wait to see how she finishes outdoors.

Peace, GG
Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM

Real nice photos and grow setup. Thanks for sharing.

Bubblegum is probably my favorite strain and we've been growing it indoors and out for quite a few years. I've not done too much lately as I've been trying some new strains but I'm smoking bubblegum x Blueberry (DP) right now.

Shov
Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Hey Shovelhand, how you doing? Nice of you to drop in.

The bubblegum pheno that I work with is a strange 1, she's a F3,that was selfed at one stage too,with a real racy high, really strong, with a berry type smell from her, not your typical bubblegum.

I was selecting more for the purple buds and heavy yields that she was capable of, so lost the relaxing bubblegum stone a bit, everyone seems to love it though, but she's not my favourite girl.

The NYCD X Pink Bubblegum I have growing oudoors is more like the real deal feel good bubblegum high, but with the added taste of Shanti's Afghan/Hawaiian that Soma used in his NYCD, this girl is a favourite of mine, I call her Bedrock,

Here's the Pink crossed to Kiwi seeds Mexican Haze, day 23 of flower and they've turned into monster bushes, with loads of bud sites,this stuff is STRONG. The plant in the middle, in the pot, is Pink crossed to Sensi's Hindu Kush.

Trying to keep the EC at about 1.6 and PH between 5.8-6.2, just feeding Flora Nova Bloom(1.5ml per litre) and House & Garden Bud XL(1ml per litre) for the next few weeks, simple, all I gotta do is keep raising the lights up everyday.

Peace, GG
Old 06-01-2010, 12:45 PM

Just thought I'd give a little update on my girls as the forum seems to be short on posts so far today, guess it's the good weather for alot of us now
On the left below, are the Congo Haze,35 days into flower.

Started feeding them some pk13/14 the other day and will continue with it till 3 weeks from harvest when I'll start using House and Gardens Top Shooter, which is some powerful stuff.

And here are some shots of my 2 outdoor girls, on the left is NYCD X Bubblegum and on the right is my Pink Bubblegum. The weathers been pretty good to them the last few weeks, with only a couple of days of cloud or rain,hopefully it keeps up.

These girls have been getting fed mostly with the used nute mix from my NFT tanks when I change them out, or if that's not available, which is rare, then I just give them 3ml a litre of Canna's Bio-Flores.
Scattered a small amount of bat guano around their base too, just for that extra bit of kick that they'll need in a few weeks time.
Peace, GG